More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 18, 00:57:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  These hacks from TwoJeffs appear to be empty archives-Problem Solved
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: These hacks from TwoJeffs appear to be empty archives-Problem Solved  (Read 10363 times)
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: These hacks from TwoJeffs appear to be empty archives
« Reply #25 on: 2006 January 07, 01:34:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've taken to re-sorting objects lately...a lot of objects I download I find in a place I wouldn't expect (I mean, sheesh, not everything is decorative  Roll Eyes), so I have been fixing that in SimPE.

I also have a separate folder on my desktop for Installed Downloads, and I move all the zip files there once I install it.  That way, I still have it all should my Downloads folder blow up in a BFBVFS.

The trouble with sims2 though, is the number of objects that aren't what they seem.  Mango sims desks are not desks, they are tables - etc. etc.

I have found that while Mango Sims has some nice stuff, their orgnization leaves something to be desire, not to mention that sheer amount of crap they have.  So, if I have to have their mesh to get something else I like, I will think longer on whether I really like it enough or not.  But lately, I've been avoiding stuff that requires meshes by mangosims.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 January 07, 01:53:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do have most of their stuff, and it works fairly well in game as long as you don't expect, for example, kids to put their homework on the Charlene desk.  Also, if you don't stick a computer on it then sims will trek all the way upstairs to put a plate there!  However, there are some really nice table lamps and plants which I use a lot.  I wish there was an easy way to select what to keep and what to chuck out, I don't like deleting in game, as I'd rather take the unused objects' files out and put them in a folder somewhere so if I find I have in fact used them in another hood they're easy to put back in.

Zephyr Zodiac
altered
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 January 10, 10:35:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, Nectare, for the FlashGet suggestion.  That did the trick and I was able to download, open and put these suckers in my game.   Kiss  Thank you, Sleepycat, too, for making the compiled file for me to download, that was very sweet of you.  Alas, it wouldn't download correctly, either...just a shell, no meat.  Kiss Blowing two big fat wet ones to both of you for the help.  Oh yeah, btw, I'm female, for those that wondered. This was driving me nuts, since it wouldn't work in IE either, I just kept downloading empty files.  Same for Crammyboy.  The only downloads that actually downloaded all the way w/o Flashget were Pescado's.  And only on this site.  Too, too much weirdness.

Way to hijack a thread, you guys.  Grin  Yeah, I spend a lot of time organizing my downloads, too, about as much as I spend in the game.  But, I figure it's worth it to start out organized, especially since I'm such a download whore.  I organize my downloads per Sims 2 Clean Installer, as in Game Objects go in my Downloads folder in the Game Objects folder, Clothes in the Clothing folder, etc.  I organize my hacks per creator in my Downloads>Mods folder so if things go wonky, I can pull things out and put back in per creator.  It helps if it turns out two hacks weren't compatible, and I didn't RTFM.  Plus, I like being able to go into the Object Recolors or Game Objects folder, organizing by file size, and seeing if someone did some huge 10000k file that I know is just too huge for the Sims 2 to load.  I know that we're supposed to go by poly count, but I've never looked that stuff up in Sims PE.  If I know that most rugs are only about 50K files on the recolours, and someone's rug is then 500K, that one has to go.  Seems to work for me.  Meshes for clothes and hair are another story, since I never know how big they "should" be.  Anyone have a clue on that?  I like a well-dressed, realistic looking Sim (I love Helaene, she makes my Sims so pretty), but I never know what's too big for my Sims.  I'm thinking that custom content on the Sims themselves must contribute to overall issues on a lot, if you've got a lot of Sims or tons of objects, but I would imagine that if the custom content was within Maxis guidelines, it would cut down on those issues, right?  Anyone know?

Thanks again for the help, my game and I appreciate it.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: