More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 15:30:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Wanting to Alter BV's Treasure Chest and Pirate Ship Flag
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Wanting to Alter BV's Treasure Chest and Pirate Ship Flag  (Read 3495 times)
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Wanting to Alter BV's Treasure Chest and Pirate Ship Flag
« on: 2008 February 06, 23:17:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering: would it be difficult (or, more importantly, game breaking) to alter the treasure chest from Bon Voyage to make it increase in value over time rather than decrease? It's always struck me as weird that the longer you hold onto the gold, the less valuable it becomes.

Also, I was wondering if it would be difficult (or again, game breaking) to replace the default pirate flag on the pirate ship to have a different logo on it.

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Wanting to Alter BV's Treasure Chest and Pirate Ship Flag
« Reply #1 on: 2008 February 06, 23:48:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, that is weird with the chest. I tend to sell them as soon as I get them because of the decreasing in value.

I dunno about the flag though, you might have to clone the whole ship just to change the flag. What was you thinking of changing the logo to?

Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 February 06, 23:51:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, that is weird with the chest. I tend to sell them as soon as I get them because of the decreasing in value.

In reality, you'd think that the longer you held onto it, the more valuable it'd be, what with the constant sinking of ships and the loss of other pieces of eight. *shrug*

I dunno about the flag though, you might have to clone the whole ship just to change the flag. What were you thinking of changing the logo to?

It's from my favorite manga.

P.S. Sorry about altering your quote, but that was driving me nuts.

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 February 06, 23:58:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh! That's quite cute. Thanks for changing my sentence, I always seem to get 'were' & 'was' mixed up in that context.

As you were...... Grin

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 February 07, 00:17:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Changing the flag shouldn't hurt anything. I'd save the original textures somewhere in case you ever need them. I did that with my watertower before I figured out how to clone neighborhood objects. And then a new obsession was born. That reminds me, I need a new billboard for The Furnished Abode and The Furnished Abode/Kids..... lalala

Hadn't noticed treasure depriciation. Now that is dumb. Previously, I'd sold all mine as I only have sims dig when they are desperate for money. All the ones in Prospect Beach went to decorate Jumbuktu's shrine.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: