More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 22:22:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Juice Isn't Working
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Juice Isn't Working  (Read 8407 times)
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
Juice Isn't Working
« on: 2007 August 17, 13:38:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No non-awesome hacks. Have the fruitbowl of awesomeness.

Make the juice with the Maxis juicer and sim drinks it and no effect is produced.

Specific recipe used: strawberry lemonade.

Effect expected: platinum mood.

Actual result. No change in aspiration level ... at all.

Any ideas?

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
Re: Juice Isn't Working
« Reply #1 on: 2007 August 17, 23:57:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What was the quality of produce you used?

If you used Mouthwatering Produce, you should always get the effects.

Tasty Produce, sometimes you will not get the effects.

Bland Produce...I'm afraid I don't recall if the result is "never" or "almost never"

I pretty much get all the produce in my neighborhood from here now, so for me, it's all Mouthwatering.

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 August 18, 00:56:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Damn, just spent several evenings getting my plantsims warehouse up to speed! Thanks for the link anyway, looks like a good score.

Hey Notovny, looks like a good potential site, I've bookmarked it and hope you carry on with it. Easy navigation and no cursed blinking things and twinkling cursors - it's off to a good start!  Grin

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 August 18, 08:06:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah I suspected that was the cause ... I just got lazy stopped selling off the non-mouthwatering because I don't get that much of it ... but a a damn lemon tree went from thriving to healthy in the time it took the stupid sim to get around to harvesting. Of course that's just speculation on my part, but it's speculation that suits my ego. Roll Eyes

PS Thanks for the link. What an awesome idea! Downloaded.
« Last Edit: 2007 August 18, 08:12:32 by Mirelly » Logged

me shit
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 August 18, 14:22:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice warehouse, Notovny.  I just may download it Monday from my office (broadband there).  Nice site, too.

I've found that Paladin's produce packing station generates mouthwatering produce no matter how lousy it was at harvest.  http://www.simwardrobe.com/   A nonawesome bug (per JM) that I find quite handy as I use the packing station to prep crates of produce for sale at my farmer's market.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 August 18, 22:01:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Agreed, what a nice looking site!

Similarly, will the effects of fresh produce always be the same on food? Because I generally just have my sims chuck it in the fridge for sparkly food. This could be a good use of bland produce.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 August 18, 22:14:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

will the effects of fresh produce always be the same on food?

Yup.  Fresh is fresh, even if it's not top quality. 
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 August 19, 07:03:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always put my 'less than mouthwatering' food in the fridge and keep the good stuff for juice Wink

Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 August 19, 08:57:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always put my 'less than mouthwatering' food in the fridge and keep the good stuff for juice Wink

That's also my own MO. However the new 'hood I am playing has only one gardener and his produce is always mouthwatering ... except for that one dad-ratted batch of lemons. It's one minor drawback of the Fruitbowl of Awesomeness in that produce is delivered to the user for juicing without the need for selection. It goes without saying that storage without recourse to dialog risks add non-mouthwatering produce.

I wonder if I might be so brazen as to suggest that the store menu might be improved complicated by adding an option to "store all mouthwatering"?

me shit
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 August 19, 09:02:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh, if you use Macrotastics, Macrotastics will never harvest defective produce anyway.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 August 19, 09:19:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh, if you use Macrotastics, Macrotastics will never harvest defective produce anyway.

Oh, that's true.

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 August 19, 11:29:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

will the effects of fresh produce always be the same on food?

Yup.  Fresh is fresh, even if it's not top quality. 

Fruit quality has an effect on the fresh food quantity, though. E.g. a tasty eggplant gives 6 food points, whereas a mouthwatering one gives 9 (when fertilised with compost, that is).
« Last Edit: 2007 August 19, 11:51:54 by sloppyhousewife » Logged

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 August 19, 13:13:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but quality here is less important because you can compensate by simple quantity.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 August 20, 08:35:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's true - the difference is just not big enough. And with a gold badge (which imho is ridiculously easy to gain) it's nearly impossible not to get "mouthwatering" quality anyway.

By the way - does anyone know how much fresh food a fridge can hold? Is there a limit, and if so, is there a difference between a cheap and an expensive one like with the bought food capacity?

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 August 20, 08:59:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The limit would appear to be undefined, so call it 32K, the standard. If you put more than 32767 units into it, it will overflow and go negative.

Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2007 August 20, 10:33:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe I should be more trusting ...  Roll Eyes *shakes self as shiver runs down carbon fibre reinforced backbone*

Nah ... I think I'll stick to my established routine of testing slowly.

Seriously I am sometimes unwilling, or just plain skeptical, to fully trust the awesome power of Macrotastics. Mostly, I suppose I just like to introduce some good old-fashioned girliness into the rigidly ordered world of The Pescado State ... if you like: "I don't care what needs watering! You mind me, not that mindless bot routine and just fetch those oranges and lemons in now!"

me shit
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2007 August 20, 11:09:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what I thought Mirelly, but I can't play without Macrotastics now. You can still control everything the sims do but they are less dumb Cheesy I just turn off power idle if I want them to do autonomous stuff.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 August 20, 11:21:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See, Emma? No one can resist. If you don't like Macrotastics, YOU MUST BE A DAMN F!

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 August 20, 12:31:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you don't like macrotastics you're just mad...  I'm one of those damn F-types and I can't live without macros now!
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 August 20, 14:12:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mostly, I suppose I just like to introduce some good old-fashioned girliness into the rigidly ordered world of The Pescado State ... if you like: "I don't care what needs watering! You mind me, not that mindless bot routine and just fetch those oranges and lemons in now!"

You know that even with Macrotastics installed, you can still do that? It doesn't *force* anything on you, but you can speed things up (and make them more effective) if you *want* to.

Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2007 August 20, 21:01:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, yeah, that's what I said I did, didn't I? I mean there he was trying to drown some pole beans into submission and all the kid wanted was some lushious oranges to stop him snivelling and coughing. As the fruit trees were all together I thought the gardener may as well strip them all of fruit as they were all glowing with health. The lemons went sub-lushious while I wasn't looking. I'm not blaming anyone but myself ... I am the sloppiest housewife you're ever likley to meet. Wink

me shit
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 August 21, 09:59:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am the sloppiest housewife you're ever likley to meet. Wink

Only if looking into a mirror doesn't count as "meeting someone" (well, I guess it doesn't...) Grin

Couldn't you bring the tree back to a thriving state before picking? Just curious...

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 August 21, 10:30:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, yeah, that's what I said I did, didn't I? I mean there he was trying to drown some pole beans into submission and all the kid wanted was some lushious oranges to stop him snivelling and coughing. As the fruit trees were all together I thought the gardener may as well strip them all of fruit as they were all glowing with health. The lemons went sub-lushious while I wasn't looking. I'm not blaming anyone but myself ... I am the sloppiest housewife you're ever likley to meet. Wink
Macrotastics tends to prioritize the closest action when all choices are of equal priority. If you want them to go for harvesting something, try using Go/Run Here to move them to the area. And I was not aware oranges had any capability to prevent "snivelling and coughing".

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2007 August 21, 10:52:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't orange juice cure colds? I don't think it prevents colds though.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 August 23, 12:32:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't know. The traditional approach involves ignoring the matter until it goes away. The more freedom of queue you give them, the more they spend it on annoying you.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: