More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 20:04:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Professors crash the game, OFB, anyone else?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Professors crash the game, OFB, anyone else?  (Read 21805 times)
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Re: Professors crash the game, OFB, anyone else?
« Reply #50 on: 2006 March 23, 13:21:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it helps anyone, I'm using an NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 / 256MB with driver v. 78.01, and I have no problems whatsoever (knocking wood till knuckles bleed). It says it's the English version, if that makes a difference.

I have all EP's, and haven't noticed any performance degradation since installing OFB. It's not fantastic, but it's not crap, either.
sonofajoiner
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2006 March 23, 14:57:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The OFB read me file says its a problem with the 6 series cards specifically and I use a GEForce 6800 GT. I have heard that using older drivers improves things slightly but the game still crashes in the end, it just takes 15 minutes longer to get to that point. I had graphics problems with Nightlife so I don't know why Im even vaguely surprised by all the trouble OFB is causing me!
I've decide that Im going to admit defeat and wait for my copy of Elder Scrolls Oblivion to arrive and play that instead. Damn Maxis and their crappy game to hell I say. Wink
« Last Edit: 2006 March 23, 15:14:01 by sonofajoiner » Logged
LauraW
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2006 March 26, 20:13:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if this will help you but I also have a Geforce 6800. I discovered that these cards cause overheating sometimes. I pulled my computer out of its niche in my desk and vacuumed out a lot of dust (and cat hair). I have not had a problem since them. I do have this graphical jittering and I have to occassionally go to the neighborhood screen and back into the lot but no crashes. I have 4 fans on my case so never thought it was overheating. I also checked the temperture and did not get a warning..so I was surprised when this turned out to be the problem.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: