More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 17:43:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540271 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  The Phone Ringing Is Driving Me Crazy!!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Phone Ringing Is Driving Me Crazy!!  (Read 25119 times)
greeneyedsims
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
The Phone Ringing Is Driving Me Crazy!!
« on: 2005 October 01, 05:59:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First, thanks for all the wonderful hacks you create!!

I really miss being able to set the number of rings on the phone, and the ability for my Sims to talk and restore their relationships to 100 before hanging up.  The unnecessary calls, the phone ringing back to back to back, as soon as my Sim hangs up, it's ringing again!....is driving me insane!  HELP!

Any clues on when this hack will be ready for NL?  Thanks!  ---green
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: The Phone Ringing Is Driving Me Crazy!!
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 01, 06:01:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is currently in testing and may be ready soon. You may also wish to volunteer to test specific aspects on the chat, if you're so desperate.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 01, 06:30:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would be more than happy to help do testing if you need people.

Just PM me with a dl link and what functions you want heavily tested. That hack is the only one I am really waiting on, the others are just nice additions. Phonehack is required to have relationships at all.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 01, 06:34:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will, I will,  I have removed almost all of my phonesfrom the game,  the phone ringing is driving me batty too.

I even hate my own phone at home.   I have an unlisted number and the rest of the time I let the machine pick it up.    Grin
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 01, 06:55:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah yes--I have a popularity sim working on her 30 best friends want, so it won't be long before the phone starts driving me insane.  It's marginal now but it sure makes me realize how badly I miss being able to turn off the ringer!

And here I thought I was the only one who got put out at their own phone! LOL  This evening was another one of those 'it never fails' nights.  We can go for a week without the phone ringing more than once a day, then as sure as the family decides to sit down and watch a movie or play a game, the phone will ring at least three times and someone will invariably show up at the door.

Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 01, 09:16:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah yes--I have a popularity sim working on her 30 best friends want, so it won't be long before the phone starts driving me insane.

I've got Sims with over 40 best friends and the phone doesn't ring off the wall. 

Here's how I maintain friendships:  Have a party, invite 8 Sims who have around 80 daily relationship.  Do a single Admire/Bust a Move/Gossip with each party guest to get the relationship up to 100 daily.  This usually gets a Roof Raiser party, and everyone has their relationship maxed.  And only has to be done every 10 days with each group of 8 guests.  These people won't call any more to ask "Why haven't I heard from you?" except very seldom:  I get a call from someone who just left a party.  Weird.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
chintznibbles
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 01, 09:44:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, obviously they were calling back to see if you could find their hat/glasses/phone/coat/panties/etc they left behind in some incriminating location, and also ask for the recipe for that wonderful Baked Alaska you served.  Wink
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 01, 10:16:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The worst thing is getting a call from someone who says "Hey, I haven't heard from you etc, etc....when you just spent the best part of the previous hour talking to them on the bloody phone!!!!!!

Arrrrrghhhhhhhh!!!!!! Angry

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 01, 10:23:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... Or when they just left from having a dream date.  That guy was *obviously* looking for his undies! Cheesy

Hook

aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 01, 11:09:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I'll be sdtuffed if \i'm gonna give him his undies back........

seeing as I like to run around the house with them on my head.......

a special turn on for my sim to sing Karaoke wearing undies on his head  Grin

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 01, 11:14:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He can get his undies back when he comes to leave flowers.  Or when he brings something nice.

I've had dream dates bring big screen TVs, DJ booths, a piano and the §5,800 vertical fountain (which I promptly sold, this being in a tiny college house).  Dating for fun and profit! Cheesy

Hook

aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 01, 11:18:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or dating for fun and kinky thrills  Smiley

Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 01, 11:21:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My dates keep rolling up wants to woohoo in the car, even if they're at home.  I figure eventually they'll woohoo the wheels right off the thing.  I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet. Smiley

Hook

aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 01, 11:27:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My dates keep rolling up wants to woohoo in the car, even if they're at home.  I figure eventually they'll woohoo the wheels right off the thing.  I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet. Smiley

Hook

Well, I actually had a couple who woohooed so much they 'broke' their bed.

Actually, in reality, when I chose the option to relax, it wouldn't work until I deleted their old bed and bought a new one........so I thought "you horny buggers, I'll have to buy you a new bed" and ......all was good when I did  Grin

Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 October 01, 11:34:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I actually had a couple who woohooed so much they 'broke' their bed.

Actually, in reality, when I chose the option to relax, it wouldn't work until I deleted their old bed and bought a new one........so I thought "you horny buggers, I'll have to buy you a new bed" and ......all was good when I did  Grin

I'm not surprised. Smiley  I once had a test couple to see if woohoo would build body skill.  Unfortunately, it does not.  Unlike real life, where woohoo is definitely an aerobic exercise!  But I've never had a broken bed.

Hook

aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 October 01, 11:37:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah...

Woohoo should definitely build body skill.......

Though perhaps in a G rating game it wasn't 'allowed'  Roll Eyes

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 October 01, 12:57:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I almost don't have calls - just after I finish to play a family, I open the SimPe, and raise their relationships with their friends to 100/100 (best friends only). I have only one call a day, or inviting to outing...Smiley.
VJay
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 October 01, 15:08:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just PM me with a dl link and what functions you want heavily tested. That hack is the only one I am really waiting on, the others are just nice additions. Phonehack is required to have relationships at all.

You can find it in the test section here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/nl/
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 October 01, 17:26:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can find it in the test section here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/nl/

YAY! I had been watching, new file today!

I will play with it tonight and try all the phone uses.

Webcest.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2005 October 01, 22:28:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dizzy's lateral calls mod also seems to stop the "Why haven't you called?" calls.  Since I installed it, I haven't had a single one.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
pearlbh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 October 01, 23:26:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've installed the new updated phonehack.  So far so good EXCEPT, setting the number of rings doesn't seem to work.  It still keeps ringing and ringing beyond whatever number you set it for. 

VJay
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 October 01, 23:53:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've tested it as well. Sometimes the sim that calls you will suddenly be summoned in front of the door. lol Otherwise, it seems to work great!  Grin
greeneyedsims
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 October 02, 00:49:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've also started testing this phone hack, and so far-so good....except, like Pearl said, setting the ringer does not work.  (I'm playing in Uni right now)  I tried deleting all the phones in the dorm, and re-buying them, and then setting the ringer, and that still did not work.

At one point, when my Sim went to sleep, the phone rang constantly for like 7 hours straight on high speed!  

She was able to call the Taxi and invite friends over just fine.  She talks to others on the phone until she's ready to hang up, meaning that she spoke past the time the Daily hit 100.

LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 October 02, 00:53:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

um well er, it seems to need a little more work.  I had the same thing happen when I used it, I set it on 5 but it just kept on ringing off the hook, but that is not the weird part, all three of my sims were talking to different people on their cellphones and then they hung up and I had them eat and go to bed.  Next thing I know, two of them are out of bed, so I am outside looking for tombstones, thinking that a ghost woke them up but I couldn't find any tombstones, so I go back into the house and there are two of the people that they were talking to, one was walking up the steps and one was upstairs already playing pinball.  I guess the all-in-one NPC let them in because I have her turned on to greet all doorbell ringing sims.   But the other options work, call a date, call repair, manage groups etc, so you are getting close.    I am so happy.  I will be willing to test any further updates for you.   thank JM, you rock.
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 October 02, 01:27:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yard work is done, house is kind of clean, laundry is going, house to myself, bottle of wine. Will put a few hours of testing in tonight.

Webcest.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: