More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 17:52:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Jealousy - A Mod Request
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Jealousy - A Mod Request  (Read 8580 times)
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
Jealousy - A Mod Request
« on: 2006 June 11, 21:24:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't actually know if it's possible but, what the heck ....

I can live with cuckolded husbands  innocently changing the diapers of their wives' and lovers' babies; I can even accept the sixth sim-sense that enables them instantly to detect a bit of illicit woohooage anywhere on the property (unless it is taking place in a car ... go figure) ... but I am getting mighty frustrated by the irrationally disproportionate reaction a sim has towards its lover when a third party offers an uninvited flirt.

Is there a way to modifiy the degree of the response? What really irks me is that the flirter generally gets off with a -90 daily relationship level and a much smaller hit on the lifetime score which ends up between 0 and -15 ... whereas the innocent victim is automatically nuked down to -100 (or as near as dammit) for both daily and lifetime. In a sane and logical universe those results would be reversed.

(I play with the full Director's cut + 2J's age duration hack so nothing unawesome in my game Roll Eyes )

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Jealousy - A Mod Request
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 11, 22:29:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SOmeone at MTS2 made a 'adjustable by household' jealously hack. Only it has some problems...wasn't updated...somehtng. Sorry, can't remember exactly what was wrong with it. It is a great idea tho. Wish Maxis would impliment it.....
liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 11, 23:16:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jealousy is such a stupid thing. I hate that when non-playables flirt, it gets your playables in trouble. I also wish there was a way to turn of jealousy in just the romance sims. I hate it that two romance sims can't casually date, and date other people, without the other one getting his panty in a bunch.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 11, 23:35:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should find that the Romance Mod takes care of that.  I don't use it because it stops other things happening that I want to have happen, but I must admit that what you describe drives me crazy, too.  It makes no sense that when someone rejects the advances of another Sim, they are still penalised for it.  In other words, they are wrong no matter which way they react (so they may as well get stuck in and enjoy it).  What I do is immediately pause the game and correct the relationships with the Insim and if there are memories of someone cheating who didn't cheat, I have no choice but to leave and remove them in SimPE before they are spread. 

Everything is cockeyed in any case.  Don Lothario's son to Nina (who lives with both parents, or did until he went to Uni very recently) caught his father carrying-on with Brynne (figures) and although he can't stand her, since then his relationship with both his parents drops whenever he sees them indulging in any romantic interaction, or even sleeping in the same bed.  He sees them as betraying Brynne, which makes no sense.  At least he should be pleased when Don leaves Nina out-of-the-blue to go and live with Brynne, who just happens to be expecting his baby.  Nina will then go through a personality crisis and become a nun Knowledge Sim (which is also what her son to Don is).

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 11, 23:49:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really, jealousy should be an assignable character istic on a slider, like playfulness, lazyness,, etc.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 12, 01:18:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can live with cuckolded husbands  innocently changing the diapers of their wives' and lovers' babies; I can even accept the sixth sim-sense that enables them instantly to detect a bit of illicit woohooage anywhere on the property (unless it is taking place in a car ... go figure) ... but I am getting mighty frustrated by the irrationally disproportionate reaction a sim has towards its lover when a third party offers an uninvited flirt.
Romance Mod. Uninvited, inappropriate flirts are rejected, and the victim should no longer be smacked. Inappropriate memories are also suppressed. And Ancient Sim sucks.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 12, 02:25:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I'd like to see more autonomous attacks on the offending sim, too, instead of the innocent victim!  (And the offender can also be the cuckolded husband/betrayed wife's partner, and not the third party.  When in my game Beau and Cassandra split up, it was because SHE had brought Daniel home from work and started to kiss him in front of Beau.  And Daniel was the one who got thumped!)

Zephyr Zodiac
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 June 12, 03:06:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really, jealousy should be an assignable character istic on a slider, like playfulness, lazyness,, etc.

That's a really good idea. Perhaps it could be related to niceness in the meantime, though.

What irks me, and this still happens with the romance mod installed, is when a Sim flips out because someone they went on a date with dares to date someone else. You dated them, you don't own them! Their own stupid Sim fault that they fell in love after one kiss.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 June 12, 05:51:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Romance Mod. Uninvited, inappropriate flirts are rejected, and the victim should no longer be smacked. Inappropriate memories are also suppressed. And Ancient Sim sucks.
Urrr ... romance mod is installed, JM. I was messing around looking for new ways to spice things up and found a sim with a couple of LBs for his daughter-in-law and thought it would be fun to see what happened if he hit on her while his son was in the room ... (a) she didn't reject it -- my bad!  Tongue and (b) the son was more pissed off with the wife than with the father, which seemed a trifle less than equitable ....  Roll Eyes

me shit
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 June 12, 06:13:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Urrr ... romance mod is installed, JM. I was messing around looking for new ways to spice things up and found a sim with a couple of LBs for his daughter-in-law and thought it would be fun to see what happened if he hit on her while his son was in the room ... (a) she didn't reject it -- my bad!  Tongue and (b) the son was more pissed off with the wife than with the father, which seemed a trifle less than equitable ....  Roll Eyes
Which interaction did you pick and what was everyone's relationship level? Some individual interactions seem to always accept because their requirements are ridiculously low, even with heavy penalties applied, especially if your family already hates each other.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 June 12, 06:35:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Father/son relationship was good 100/100

The father's relationship with the daughter-in-law was at BF level (I didn't note the exact figures) They each had one LB for each other so I made him try to caress her ... she did not refuse. Guess she deserved a slapping, but sonny should have wanted to murder the father (well he does now cos I made them fight Roll Eyes )

Also even if a flirt is rejected the would-be flirter should (according to my way of thinking) earn the opprobrium of the flirtee's partner, which doesn't seem to be the case.

me shit
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 June 12, 06:48:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And the son's relationship level with his wife was...?

I'll look at the acceptance criteria on that, see if it bypasses the attraction/romance checks entirely.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 June 12, 08:14:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always find it strange that Romance sims keep rolling the want to flirt with every sims they meet, but never seem to actually do anything about it without you initiating some kind of interaction, whereas Family sims will suddenly, and for no apparent reason decide to hit on one of their friends!  Popularity will do so too, but then, I suppose, they are trying to be popular!

Zephyr Zodiac
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2006 June 12, 12:30:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And the son's relationship level with his wife was...?

I'll look at the acceptance criteria on that, see if it bypasses the attraction/romance checks entirely.
son and wife were at 100/100

Afterthought. He is a popularity boy, she is family and so is her father-in-law. The two men share broadly average personalities for all traits, the wife is a little more maxed out especially on the nice and activity scales (7/8-ish)

I am not so much recording a broken romance mod but requesting a more finely honed jealousy mod where perpetrator of the offense takes the larger hit in the relationship scores.
« Last Edit: 2006 June 12, 12:44:46 by Mirelly » Logged

me shit
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 June 13, 19:06:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the romance mod installed; one of my Popularity sims who is engaged rolled a want to flirt with her friend, who is married. I had her "squeeze" him (I think that's what it is, when they pinch the other sims butt) and he rejected her. They remained friends but the Popularity sim got a green memory of having cheated. I think the other sim got the memory as well (I have to check to make sure). Anyway, why should she have gotten the memory when her advance was rejected, she didn't actually "cheat"? lol

and on another subject that has always bothered me, what is up with the "admire" interaction? I have sims that admire everyone. Can this be suppressed?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 June 13, 19:36:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the romance mod installed; one of my Popularity sims who is engaged rolled a want to flirt with her friend, who is married. I had her "squeeze" him (I think that's what it is, when they pinch the other sims butt) and he rejected her. They remained friends but the Popularity sim got a green memory of having cheated. I think the other sim got the memory as well (I have to check to make sure). Anyway, why should she have gotten the memory when her advance was rejected, she didn't actually "cheat"? lol
You should get the "No Random Flirts" to short-circuit the inevitable "Talk To" always leading to "Flirt With" chain, especially when it's completely inappropriate. One ALWAYS leads to the other, no exceptions, and results in completely random spam. I don't think the other sim gets it the memory, just the one who initiated it. Otherwise that will have to be tracked down and stomped.

PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 June 13, 19:58:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I have that one too, I will check though. I guess she wanted to flirt with him because they have 2 bolts for each other, the same as she has with her fiance. He has 3 bolts for his wife though.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 June 13, 20:16:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I have that one too, I will check though. I guess she wanted to flirt with him because they have 2 bolts for each other, the same as she has with her fiance. He has 3 bolts for his wife though.
Random Flirting is not brought about by bolts, they'll still want to flirt with even people who make them gag. There isn't even a check for bolts in the code, that code was made accessible in Uni and is functionally unchanged. The chain is absolute and runs without exception, in the stock game: ALWAYS "Talk To" -> "Flirt With", for anyone of appropriate gender and isn't unavailable family, regardless of any other considerations. Hence the "Random Flirt" obnoxiousness.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 June 13, 22:01:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyway, why should she have gotten the memory when her advance was rejected, she didn't actually "cheat"? lol

Well, the thought was there!  One of my students who was graduating had the same thing happen - a friene of both him and his fiancee was invited to his graduatiion party, and immediately threw herself into his arms!  He got all the aggro, had to apologize about 100 times, and got the cheating memory, all because he happened to be the one the other sim picked on to make a move on!  (And she was engaged anyway, herself, but she didn't get the cheating memory!)

Zephyr Zodiac
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 June 13, 23:48:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I checked and I don't have norandomflirts..hmm...
so this only stops them from getting wants to flirt with other sims? Does it stop them from autonomously flirting?
I have the romancemod and 2Jeff's casual romance. How do all of these work together, as I like for the sims to hook up autonomously in my game. (I play with free will on  Lips sealed)

by the way, only she has the memory of cheating, a green one, which means she's pretty happy about it I guess, lol.
Not that I condone cheating  Roll Eyes
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 June 14, 03:10:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Goodness me, if she's going to cheat, at least make it something memorable!

Zephyr Zodiac
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 June 14, 03:56:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Norandomflirts doesn't stop Sims from autonomously flirting. It just stops them from wanting to flirt with every person on the planet -- unless they're Romance Sims, of course.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 June 14, 09:15:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

so this only stops them from getting wants to flirt with other sims? Does it stop them from autonomously flirting?
If you use the entire Romance Mod/NoRandom together, they will still autonomously flirt, but generally with the same scarcity that they do in the regular game. They should also not flirt inappropriately, however, so only those who are unattached AND have a preference will do so, except with their existing interests. Sims who have been given a romantic interest, other than Romance sims, will not attempt to randomly cheat on their own.

I have the romancemod and 2Jeff's casual romance. How do all of these work together, as I like for the sims to hook up autonomously in my game. (I play with free will on  Lips sealed)
Autonomous Hookups can and sometimes do occur with the standard FFS package. "Casual" Romance is an unknown that does godknowswhat.

by the way, only she has the memory of cheating, a green one, which means she's pretty happy about it I guess, lol.
Not that I condone cheating  Roll Eyes
The cheating memory is always a green memory. No idea why they chose this, since it means it won't be chosen as a gossip topic and WILL be bragged about instead....maybe a bug. Who knows?

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 June 14, 12:22:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Casual" Romance is an unknown that does godknowswhat.

As I understand it, TJ's Casual Romance mod doesn't add or change any autonomous behaviors.  It just gives a new menu tree that lets two sims 'get it on' with lower daily and lifetime relationships.  Great for Romance sims, not terribly useful for others.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 June 14, 12:38:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have it in my game, and it can be useful for any two unattached sims if you want them to get to know each other really quickly!  Also, when a couple have had a really bad fight, and one is still only at a very low relationship score with the other, this can help speed things up a bit if you want them to get the relationship back to where it was.  Mostly though it's just an option that is there, and unlike things like the KK, it doesn't change anything or conflict with anything awesome.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: