More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 21:41:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  He's just a love machine
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: He's just a love machine  (Read 7878 times)
liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
He's just a love machine
« on: 2006 June 05, 00:06:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a sim that I created some time ago and turned into a romance sim. Then I used the 'puppy killer' to pump up his romance skills to the highest setting, which I have also done with other sims, but never to the same effect. Here is the weird bit though, just about every sim he meets rolls triple lightning bolts for him. Male or female, townies and playables, they all line up to flirt with him and then get in brawls with eachother over him while he stands there and cheers. This is insane! I hired him to work in another sim's gallery selling art, and I have to admit that he is very good at what he does. Almost every customer that walks in buys and buys in order to stay around him longer, and then hang around for hours after they are done buying. If I have my owner ask them to leave, they walk off the lot in one direction and imediately walk on again from the other, and head straight for my romance sim. The only way to get them to clear out for more than a few minutes is to send him home. Now, my owner sim has rolled three bolts for him as well, and I have to keep an eye on her or she sneaks off to snog with him in the corner while the customers stand around and get cranky. It is funny for awhile, but I'm bewildered as to exactly what is going on with this guy. Anyone have any simmilar experiences?
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: He's just a love machine
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 05, 00:53:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was under the impression that the Romance skill thing had never been implemented.  Whenever I send my Romance Sims to 'study' it, it just gives them Charisma points.  I think I'll try giving a likely candidate (Don Lothario springs to mind) full Romance points and see what happens ... 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 05, 01:02:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are a bunch of hidden skills that are editable with the insiminator, like pool, dancing, painting, homework, that kind of thing. As far as I can tell, uping the romance skill usually makes my sims a little bit more attractive and less likely to get rejected for flirts and things.

But this guy...last time he was on a welcome wagon, it turned into WWIII as both of the other welcome sims AND the owner of the house all triple bolted for him. They didn't even make it into the house, they just brawled in the street.
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 05, 01:27:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm the only times I've had people brawl in the welcome wagon were between Don Lothario and Nina Caliente, and Lazlo Curious and the old lady Jaquet.   Grin

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 05, 03:36:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If this is function that Maxis never implimented, like weather, maybe your experience was why. It sounds like it interferes with gameplay a bit, whereas the other "secret" skills don't.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 05, 03:37:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is no "Romance" skill. Anything that alters is it is writing into what is PRESENTLY an unused variable, but could potentially *BE* used, likely for something else, at some point in the future. Certainly messing with it has no positive results and may potentially have negative results.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 05, 03:51:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well, then it shouldnt do anything. I'll lower it and still see if he gets the same reaction.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 June 05, 05:08:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let us know. I have never seen that!

liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 June 05, 21:13:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I did an experiment. I loaded his lot and summoned a random group of sims, a couple playables, a couple townies and an NPC. They rolled two three bolts, a two bolt, a one bolt and a couple no bolts (but he still had the bolts in the pie menu). I then exited without saving, reloaded the lot, and lowered the romance skill to zero. When I summoned the same group of townies, the chemistry was exactly the same. So it isn't the romance skill points at all. There is just something about this sim that makes everyone go nuts.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 June 05, 21:22:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is he a Sagittarius? Sagittarii have no innate repulsions, so it is difficult for them to get X-bolts.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 June 05, 21:26:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, I didn't know that. Does anyone know if there is a complete list like this, with innate repulsions and attractions?

neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 June 05, 21:27:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is he a Sagittarius? Sagittarii have no innate repulsions, so it is difficult for them to get X-bolts.

How do the astrological signs work for attraction, anyway?

Edit: Basically the same as Assmitten's question.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 June 05, 21:36:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Amberdiceless did one a while back
http://www.sims2community.com/showthread.php?t=8046

heres another
http://www.snootysims.com/zodiac.php
and another
http://thesims2.ea.com/help/detail.php?help_id=177
and other stuff
http://www.neoseeker.com/resourcelink.html?rlid=111953

and you are welcome...
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 June 05, 21:36:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sweet. Thanks, Senator.

neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 June 05, 21:39:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, that is nothing like I thought it was. I thought that they'd base it on "real" astrological compatibility.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 June 05, 21:46:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure if he is a sag or not, but he does have a couple of xbolts.  I'll take a look at the chart though, it seems interesting.

I think my sim is most likely something of a fluke, or maybe he's bugged. As long as he isn't causing havok with the flirting brawls, he's generally an okay guy.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 June 05, 21:50:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It makes no sense to me at all: (an apparently not too many sims like geminis - like 2 according to this chart)

Zodiac sign  Attracted to                Repelled by 
Aries           Gemini/Taurus             Cancer/Libra 
Taurus        Aries/Libra                   Virgo/Cancer 
Gemini         Pisces/Virgo                Capricorn/Aries 
Cancer        Taurus/Scorpio             Gemini/Aries 
Leo            Sagittarius/Cancer         Capricorn/Gemini 
Virgo          Aquarius/Sagittarius       Leo/Taurus 
Libra           Virgo/Cancer                Pisces/Scorpio 
Scorpio        Pisces/Leo                   Libra/Aquarius 
Sagittarius    Pisces/Capricorn            Libra/Scorpio 
Capricorn      Aquarius/Taurus           Leo/Gemini 
Aquarius       Capricorn/Sagittarius     Scorpio/Virgo 
Pisces           Scorpio/Gemini            Leo/Aries
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 June 05, 21:58:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, the compatibility is totally unbalanced. I wonder if it could be changed.

liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 June 06, 00:31:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought Amberdiceless' chart was needlessly hard to read, so I made one of my own:

Sims Compatability Chart
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 June 06, 00:43:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It makes no sense to me at all: (an apparently not too many sims like geminis - like 2 according to this chart)
Gemini has a mutual relationship with Pisces, so you can pretty much expect a 3 bolt match assuming aspirational match is not totally shot, certainly nothing less than 2. They also have a decent match with Virgo, one-way with no antipathy. Note that in most cases, signs are NOT evenly distributed in the neighborhood: Mine, for instance, has a strong bias towards Gemini, Scorpio, Pisces, Sagittarius, and Virgo. I should include Astrologies in the census tool, come to think of it.

neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 June 06, 01:47:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So where do turn-offs and turn-ons come into play here, if Sims can get three bolts with mere astrology?

liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 June 06, 02:07:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It probably has to do with the neutral combinations, like a leo meets an aries and isn't instantly attracted or repelled, so the turn ons come into play.

Or one would think anyway.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2006 June 06, 02:10:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To give an extra boost to Sims whose signs or aspirations don't match up well.

Besides, Sims are perfectly happy to be hooked up with anyone they have a high enough STR/LTR with. Attractions just helps Sims who don't know each other well get to know each other faster by enabling interactions that would normally be unavailable or rejected.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 June 06, 02:12:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So where do turn-offs and turn-ons come into play here, if Sims can get three bolts with mere astrology?
Turn-on/turn-offs are basically a marginalized system that has only minimal effect. Their effects are basically trumped by everything else, and it's not uncommon to have sims that get 3 bolts despite a total failure to match any turn-ons and matched mutual turn-offs.

neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 June 06, 04:02:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good to know, thanks for the info.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: