More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 10, 15:27:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Two for One Offer: tombstones and "be salesman" borked since BV
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Two for One Offer: tombstones and "be salesman" borked since BV  (Read 9664 times)
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
Two for One Offer: tombstones and "be salesman" borked since BV
« on: 2008 January 09, 15:05:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK. I'm still unpatched, but so what.

Hacks are DC* + ACR. The 'hood was brand new, custom empty, on a Maxis terrain, after a virgin install of the game.

Problems:

(a) Tombstones, once moved to the community bone yard (same 'hood) are never seen again. That is they are not on the kerb at the designated lot either in live mode or build mode. This is a ruddy annoying thing. Any ideas, or suggestions.

(b) At an owned business (pwetty flower shoppe, run by an extended family) I am not able to have any sim, other than the business owner take "be salesman" order. I can't recall if that was always the case, cos business running was never a feature I had much love for ... even with the awesomeness of BRU. Don't tell me I need to hire an employee to make a salesperson?

* to be accurate: the bv.zip in the hacks directory as there is no DC listed for BV. I have the latest updated zip (downloaded a couple of days ago).

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Two for One Offer: tombstones and "be salesman" borked since BV
« Reply #1 on: 2008 January 09, 15:41:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

a) I don't know what's the cause, but you can try spawning the tombstones using the Lot Debugger. That means a sim must buy that community lot, and once there, spawn the ghost sim (with Inge's/Dizzy's shrub) followed by LD's spawn tombstone option.

b) I think that option was only available to sims with a gold sales badge, but I can't confirm it right now. Do they have said badges?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 January 09, 15:58:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't speak for the tombstone, but can confirm that a sim must have a gold sales badge in order to do Business...be salesperson. From the hammer & sickle, you should be able to assign employees to that role.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 January 09, 16:02:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(a) Yeah, I was kinda expecting to have to do that for the missing ones ... not that I'm likely to bother. If they went, they went ... I'm kinda curious as to possible whys.

(b) Thanks for that, Theo & Zazazu. That was the the blindingly obvious answer that I failed to see for myself. Must make appointment at optometrist ... or may I could just clean the crud off these spectacles.

me shit
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 January 09, 20:56:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can Macro/skillinator/sales to get family members up to a gold badge, then Business/Be Salesperson to keep them assigned.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 January 10, 06:02:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BV definitely messed up sim tombstones. The pet ones still work if it is an owned lot - they were disappearing when moved otherwise. I just set up a new cemetery to see if sending them to an owned one works, as all my others are full. The tombstones in his inventory that he placed stayed no problem. I also found that when moving tombstones from a community lot, that they stay (sporadically) at the lot as well as move them home or place them in inventory, and it ends up making clones unless you load the comm lot in buy/build mode before sending a sim back to that lot.
Anyway, will let you know if the owned lot thing works shortly. I can't remember which of my sims has tombstones they can move. I have too many Tongue
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 January 10, 07:55:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You'd think that, by now, beta testers would have a To Do list that included all built-in parts of the game previously established, thus they'd try breeding Sims/pets, running a business, engagements/marriages/honeymoons, skills, deaths/ghosts/urns/tombs, etc.

Naturally, beta tests would take longer with each ep/sp added.

Logic would demand that they test various base + ep/sp + new ep/sp configurations as well, on various machines / OSes that fit their stated sys reqs.

They obviously don't bother, and the SecuROM fiasco further underscores this. If the stated goal is not to harvest personal data but to protect their IP, using tech that does A (phones home) while not adequately doing B (people have learned to Arrr! who normally would not do so) and then releasing more titles with the same crap is standard EAxian knobheadedness.

It is why we have pools to see what gets borked or unfixed each time something is in the L&P stage. Speaking of, where's the bork pool for Free Time / Hobbies / Numpty Crap / EP7?

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 January 10, 08:38:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Go post it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Nec
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 January 12, 18:08:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, finally verified that the cemetery does need to be an owned lot before moving sim tombstones to it in order for them to not vanish. Soooo.....buy up those graveyards!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 January 12, 18:31:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Moving tombstones to community lots using anything other than owned community lots and the inventory seems to result in loss of death-type information. Also, depending on the reset state of the Urnstone controller, your new urnstones may have difficulty appearing.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Nec
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 January 12, 21:02:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So does one delete the tokens before or after moving them?
professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 January 12, 21:27:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, does the community lot have to be owned by the family doing the moving?  In other words, if I have one family own and operate a graveyard, can other families also move their tombstones there without having them be lost?

I have "nounlinkondelete."  I'm assuming this helps with the loss of death data on moving tombstones to a community lot as well.

PB

Nec
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 January 12, 23:43:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, the community lot just has to be owned. I generally have servos owning them, since they are the least likely to die of all sims. The lots are free to access for all sims, no selling of anything. A grill or two and bathrooms on the lot. I never let vamps own them, simply because there would be issues during daytime visits. I rarely have the owners play the lots, as there is no reason to. I send them there when I know there are tombstones to be placed. If ghosts happen to show up on the lot while the owner is playable, keep in mind that when you try to leave the lot the owner will try to get the ghosts to leave as if they were customers, and will not leave until all ghosts are back at rest.
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2008 January 13, 00:09:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, bollocks to it. It's too much trouble to maintain a graveyard. I'll do without. If I actually need a picture of a sim weeping over a grave, I'll simply fabricate the scenario ... like Maxis does for L&P promotional "screenshots".

I held a "family reunion" today. With more than 2 dozen sims on the lot I was expecting some traffic marmalade. I mean what possessed me to place the fish tank so close to the double-width archway ...? Note also, the two morons who have traipsed all the way to the locked access to the upper and lower floors of the house. It took more than two sim hours for the snarl up to clear ... and that was probably only because dinner was being served ... I couldn't be arsed to photograph that piece of fun when 17 sims arrived simultaneously to eat six portions of grilled catfish. Eh? Of course the serving got aborted before the second plate could be placed.

Giving my sims free will is a rare treat ... for them.

me shit
danicast
Blathering Buffoon

Everything is blue in this world.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2008 January 26, 00:30:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just set up a new cemetery to see if sending them to an owned one works, as all my others are full. The tombstones in his inventory that he placed stayed no problem. I also found that when moving tombstones from a community lot, that they stay (sporadically) at the lot as well as move them home or place them in inventory, and it ends up making clones unless you load the comm lot in buy/build mode before sending a sim back to that lot.

I donīt have BV, I have all up to Seasons. I tried to move tombs from one cemetery to another yesterday and my game exploded. I had 1800 chars, all duplicated from the regular ones (936). I posted at "you broke" talking about. I loaded the comm lot at building mode and even so, duplicated my sims.

I am so not going to mess with tombstones again.

notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2008 January 26, 04:03:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has 'be salesperson' always been limited to gold badges?  I don't remember having that problem pre-BV, even before I installed BRY.  I've mostly quit running them out of boredom selling & crafting the same things.  Since BV lacked sim-owned hotels, I'm not even confident that Lies&Propoganda hobbies will translate to a better variety of businesses.

It has for quite some time.  Possibly as far back as OFB. I rememebr asking Pescado about it  when I was getting one of my secondary business-owners up to snuff.

Personally, I'm still generally making and running businesses. Got about two dozen with  virtually no overlap in spheres of influence.  It's possible that I do it mostly for the costumes, and for sightseeing purposes.

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 January 26, 04:13:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "Be Salesman" option is not available without a gold badge. An Employee assigned to Sales that lacks a gold badge will ineffectively run the Maxis sales routines until it manages to acquire one, whereupon BRY will assert its own sales algorithms.

Nec
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 January 26, 05:21:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also found out (since BV) that you *HAVE* to visit the owned cemetery every single time you move tombstones there or they vanish. I have never tried moving from one comm lot to another. Since the issue seems to be with the lack of saving on non-owned lots, I'd say that is a bad idea.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2008 January 26, 07:24:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you resurrect the dead sim if the tombstone has disappeared?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 January 26, 07:33:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tombstones are just an object as long as you have nounlinkondelete. It's character-file shredding, not tombstone deletion, which stops resurrection.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2008 January 26, 17:28:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok thanks. I only ask because I accidentally deleted a tombstone.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: