More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 05, 08:39:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540273 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Deleted CC leaving behind blank thumbnails?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Deleted CC leaving behind blank thumbnails?  (Read 2989 times)
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
Deleted CC leaving behind blank thumbnails?
« on: 2012 February 06, 11:08:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm in the process of tracking some possibly bad CC.  My first step was to delete all CC, then reinstall a small part of it. 

As always, I emptied the DCBackup and all .cache files before loading the game.  Blank thumbnails, with little white folders, showed in the catalog where the deleted CC used to be.  So I quit the game and emptied the Thumbnails folder; same deal.  I've emptied the SigsCache folder and deleted the tslus.bin file, and later renamed The Sims 3 folder in Documents to generate a new one.  I opened the .dbc file with s3pe, but the only THUMs that popped up are items I *do* have in my game.

Those damn blank thumbnails just won't go away.  Does someone have any more ideas?

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Deleted CC leaving behind blank thumbnails?
« Reply #1 on: 2012 February 06, 12:24:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try launching the game once without any CC. Check that the catalogue is clean, load the game again with your CC and the empty slots should be gone. It worked for empty CAS thumbnails I had. If they're still there it's overrides you forgot to remove, things like recategorizers or to make an item shiftable.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 February 06, 15:53:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you delete the thumbnail caches as well?

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 February 06, 16:10:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh, I wonder if I might be having the same problem. Some blank thumbnails have showed up in my fabric patterns recently, although all the packages I have show up clean in Dashboard.
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 February 06, 21:34:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you delete the thumbnail caches as well?

Yes, I deleted everything in my Thumbnails folder (as I mentioned in the first post).

Try launching the game once without any CC. Check that the catalogue is clean, load the game again with your CC and the empty slots should be gone. It worked for empty CAS thumbnails I had. If they're still there it's overrides you forgot to remove, things like recategorizers or to make an item shiftable.

After reading this, I realized I still had some stencil overrides installed, from here at MATY. *facepalm  So I uninstalled those and will try your suggestion.

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: