More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 07:36:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Tombstone of Living Sim
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Tombstone of Living Sim  (Read 5492 times)
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Tombstone of Living Sim
« on: 2006 June 04, 11:06:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I decided that I wanted to try the house in downtown...Falling something. I think that is where the tricou tombstones were, but I deleted their characters when I started the neighborhood. (I have no townies or downtownies or dormies). Anyway, I moved the house to the bin and placed it in my main neighborhood.

I went into the lot in build mode, noticed the tombstones and started to delete them. Two of them said unknown and one had the name of one of my living sims. It was the last person that I had moved to college.

I was afraid to delete the tombstone and afraid to bulldoze the house. I left the lot without saving. After exiting the game I checked in SimPe to see if there was a 2nd character that had taken on the same name, but there was only one of the living tombsone sim.

What should I do? Will I mess up my living sim if I delete this tombstone or bulldoze the lot? Since I was stupid enough to place it in the house bin with the tombstones intact, will I have problems every time I try to place this lot? I am willing to delete this lot completely from my game if needed, but I don't want to lose the living sim listed on the tombstone. (If I remember correctly this is that lot with a deep basement, and if it is I don't want it anyway).

BTW, I have had no deaths yet in this neighborhood. Nor have I had any near deaths or resurrections. How should I handle this?

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: Tombstone of Living Sim
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 04, 11:28:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the Sim still in college?  If they are, I would suggest you back-up your game, delete the tombstone and see if they are still in college and functioning normally.  If by any chance they disappear, you can utilise the mod that brings them back with deleted tombstones (make sure you put it in before deleting!) which is here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=2083.0

That said, I have no idea why this gravestone would appear on a totally unrelated lot.  Assuming you've never played it and your Sim hasn't somehow died there, that is.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 04, 11:43:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First thing I did was go to the college to see if she was ok. She was fine. I played her several sim days and everything was normal. But even if I delete her tombstone now and the game runs fine, what happens when she actually dies? More problems?

Oh, and I never played this lot. Just went in while in build mode, freaked and left without saving.

And I have that hack in my game.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 04, 13:26:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have no-unlink-on-delete, deleting tombstones is completely harmless to any sim. If you don't, then deleting the tombstone of that sim will likely erase that sim.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 04, 16:53:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I decided that I wanted to try the house in downtown...Falling something. I think that is where the tricou tombstones were, but I deleted their characters when I started the neighborhood. (I have no townies or downtownies or dormies). Anyway, I moved the house to the bin and placed it in my main neighborhood.

Your character probably has the same ID that the Sim that the tombstone originally belonged to used to have before you deleted him/her.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 04, 20:56:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could this have been cause by doing a DAC without getting rid of the dangling SWAFs and other things in SimPE?

Zephyr Zodiac
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 04, 21:07:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could this have been cause by doing a DAC without getting rid of the dangling SWAFs and other things in SimPE?

It's nothing to do with SWAFs themselves, but it's the same reason why new Sims end up with old SWAFs if you don't delete them -- when a new Sim takes over an ID that was previously used by another Sim, they'll very likely pick up anything, not just SWAFs, that's still making reference to that ID.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 June 04, 21:10:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, that's what I meant, it's part of the same problem.  Presumably some Unknowns left lying around!

Zephyr Zodiac
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 June 05, 03:13:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Umm..(looks sheepish) yeah. That's what I did. I have been meaning to go fix my dangling SWAFs but keep putting it off because that means I have to go read all those threads, understand them then go fix it when I would rather play. I guess I'm finding more and more reasons to get it cleaned up.

But since JMP said that having no-unlink-on-delete in the game will save my butt, I'm going to go and bulldoze that lot and hopefully I'll be ok. Of course I'll back up the neighborhood first.

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 June 05, 03:15:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your character probably has the same ID that the Sim that the tombstone originally belonged to used to have before you deleted him/her.

Oh, and this makes sense as to why the problem might have occured in the first place.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 June 05, 04:55:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which means you do need to go and find those Unknowns and kick them out of your game!  Otherwise it's likely to happen again!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: