More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 10:10:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Perpetual pregnancy redux
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Perpetual pregnancy redux  (Read 15378 times)
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Re: Perpetual pregnancy redux
« Reply #25 on: 2006 June 01, 13:27:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, when a sim wakes up to bump to next pregnancy stage or to give birth it stomps the queue - so no rushing off to the bathroom at that point in time.

Where your sim is when giving birth is all a matter of random chance, really.  But people tend to do the same things in each playing session so it is understandable that sims tend to be in the same places doing the same things when they give birth for that particular player.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 June 01, 15:07:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True, and since my sims often only get up to bed for that much-wanted woohoo at about 2 or 3 AM, then the baby tends to kick them out of bed at 6 am or so, whether they've had their sleep out or not!

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 June 02, 12:49:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hit a weird pregnancy problem last night -- the female sim went into her second trimester just before I saved and left the lot last time (didn't feel like waiting around that night for the birth Smiley). I went into the lot last night, and she's still showing as pregnant, waddle and all, but she's not behaving like she is.  And a quick status check with insim doesn't show her as pregnant at all!  She's 4 days from aging to elder, so I don't know if that farkled her pregnancy, or if something else did it.  I don't mind than she's not pregnant now, since I'm doing some population control on the neighborhood and this was a 'risky woohoo' accident anyway, but I still thought it was weird.  I'm hopping she'll stop looking pregnant when she ages.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 June 02, 13:28:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you try debugging her?  Or giving her a dose of elixir to see if that works.  I've heard of people having problems if they age up to elder in a state of "are they pregnant or aren't they?"

Deleting her from the lot and then reentering it might cause her to reset into either pregnant or not pregnant too.

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 June 02, 13:35:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you try debugging her?  Or giving her a dose of elixir to see if that works.  I've heard of people having problems if they age up to elder in a state of "are they pregnant or aren't they?"

Deleting her from the lot and then reentering it might cause her to reset into either pregnant or not pregnant too.

Yea, i forced at least three errors on her, and it didn't help. I'll have to try the deleting thing and see if that clears it up.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 June 02, 14:23:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it's often worked for me with unclickable toddlers and so forth.  You never know!  If not, you could try checking her out in SimPE to see if anything wierd is going on in her character files.

I had one case of a toddler who, though not unclickable, the parents couldn't communicate with or pick up, and deleting her didn't workm and instead of sitting by the postbox she was just lying there.  A check in SimPE revealed that she was still in the baby stage, but I put her back to toddler and she was fine.  Maybe your sim has been accidentally aged to elder already, and turning her back to adult would fix the problem.

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 June 02, 14:53:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm, hadn't thought of that.  I have to go into SimPE for something else anyway, so I'll check her character file and see what gives.  Something weird is going on...

Edit: Ok, I found the problem in her character file.  Somehow, she was still marked as Pregnant (half) and Pregnant (full), but the Pregnant (Invisible) attribute was unchecked.  Since I don't want her pregnant anyway, I unchecked the other two, so she should be fine now.

I have no idea how that first pregnancy state could have gotten lost like that.  I'll have to keep an eye on my pregnant sims and see if anyone else crops up with this glitch.
« Last Edit: 2006 June 02, 15:38:24 by jsalemi » Logged

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 June 02, 17:25:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think OFB caused quite a lot of corrupted data of that kind, as did NL.

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 June 02, 17:26:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, but I've had OFB since it first came out, and this is the first time I've had this happen.  I'll have to keep an eye on things so my game doesn't go up in a BFBVFS.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 June 02, 17:31:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SimPE plays you, 'mkay!

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 June 02, 22:26:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, I was real intimidated by SimPE when I first got it, but now I can't imagine playing without it. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 June 02, 22:30:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here!  I still don't like the new version so much as the classic, but the classic interface doesn't affect how things are set up now.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: