More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 13, 22:03:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  JMP and NL
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: JMP and NL  (Read 39339 times)
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
Re: JMP and NL
« Reply #100 on: 2005 October 17, 18:07:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you don't even need to use a hack, you can just have another sim dark them to peek.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2005 October 17, 18:25:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With NL and for lots with vampires, tke control of a townie walking by on your lot and have them look in the vampire's coffin three times in a row.   Grin Pretty quick and no mess to clean-up - just a profit from selling the urn.  Grin
I haven't played much with vampires.  I didn't realize they could look in the coffin or that it could be fatal.

Just before I restarted my neighborhood, I let some vamps run wild. They can be fun but I don't like the way that once you let them loose in the neighborhood, there's no turning it off. When sims look in the coffin, they get scared - just like with a ghost - and their needs drop. Depending on the level of the sim's needs, it will usually take 2-3 (rarely as many as 4) scares in a row to wipe out a townie.  Not like I've had any practice with it.  Roll Eyes I especially liked using it in Uni. Every mascot, cheerleader and other uni walkby that I couldn't stand suddenly got irresitable urges to repeatedly look into the coffin.  Grin
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2005 October 18, 05:10:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and I didn't realise the energiser could be fatal - I just don't use it if my sims are below gold.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2005 October 18, 05:35:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope it's running people over.  Even without any new animations... add a 'Commit Vehicular Homicide' option to the car menu which calls up the phone list (and maybe a 'random townie' option), the sim drives off and returns after an hour with said unfortunate's urn in their personal inventory.  And one of those happy corner messages.  "Ralph has earned §348 by robbing Kennedy Cox's corpse!"

I don't kill sims much, but I probably would if there was a less passive-aggressive option.  I blame too many comics in those important teenage years.  If I'm going to have a neighbourhood villain, I'd prefer a hand-on psycho to my current option of 'I shall miraculously and instantaneously move you into a small exitless room by the mysterious power of my utter disregard, then become frustrated because I can't get at you to play kicky-bag until you die - when I gain nothing and cry like wuss'.
You know, I saw a car drive right through a sim yesterday. I know the "Watch Out!" interaction is meant for preventing such mishaps, and I don't remember what the circumstances were exactly that allowed this to happen, but it was disappointing and impressive how life just went on.

Death by automobile would've been such a great addition to this game. Ending all those damn pillow fights in the road...could have been a mini-game.
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2005 October 18, 13:08:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With NL and for lots with vampires, tke control of a townie walking by on your lot and have them look in the vampire's coffin three times in a row.   Grin Pretty quick and no mess to clean-up - just a profit from selling the urn.  Grin

Cool. Will try that. Isn't it nice the things you can learn at MATY?

Meh...
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2005 October 18, 17:40:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and I didn't realise the energiser could be fatal - I just don't use it if my sims are below gold.

When I first got the Sims, I didn't pay attention that you needed to be in gold aspiration to use the reward objects safely. I watched in horror as one sim almost died after using the energizer. It's real annoying too when you select they energizer and they are in gold and as they step into the machine, they turn green. It took several "near" fatalities before I realized that you can cancel the action out as they are in the energizer and they'll stop using it immediately instead of waiting for the full cycle to finish. I thought you just had to watch in horror as their needs dropped.  Roll Eyes
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2005 October 18, 17:54:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did that once, too.  And he kept looking at me while he was being electrocuted by the stupid thing!!  He stepped out, peed in the floor, then fell over dead.  It was actually quite creepy, since it was one of my favorite sims.  But, I just quit without saving, and the next time I played he was safely on his couch watching TV.  LOL

I think that JMP has NL already, too, and he's just spending hours upon hours exploring the code to it and coming up with ways to use the flamethrower decoraition as a way to burninate townies.  Smiley  Marsha Bruning 1st, please, JMP!  Smiley
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2005 October 19, 10:37:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I forgot about the "being in Gold" requirement and was puzzled (heh, brain fried as was veeerry tired) when something didn't work as expected. What a pillock! It was the Thinking Helmet, I believe, and the poor bugger just keeled over after peeing himself. I still laughed like a hyeana... Bad simmer, bad.  Cheesy

Meh...
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2005 October 22, 04:36:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Joe Carr? Really? I see him so rarely that I forget all about him.
For me, it would be the stalkers Jan, Tosha, brats Chandler and Chloe who's dog ugly and the first to follow my kids home.

I am pretty soft too, but I use Merola's mirror to grab them and age them up until they die. If I'm feeling bad, I will boost them to platinum before that final 'age up' from elder. That way, anyone who tolerated them enough to be best friends is mildly rewarded (which seems fair compensation for me killing their friend) If they just annoy you, you could always change them to toddlers (in game or in pe) and they won't bother you again.

edit: I forget about how much I hated Marsha. I actually grew her up to teen and with a hint of makeup and different hair, she's not bad at all. Sort of like a female Orlando, first girlfriend, first kiss, town bike, whatever. I invite her over to change diapers or play with the toddlers and she falls for it every time.
« Last Edit: 2005 October 22, 04:42:41 by Zeljka » Logged

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2005 October 22, 04:44:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Joe Carr married one of my sims in my legacy family neighbourhood and died just before NL came out of old age.
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2005 October 22, 11:25:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

died just before NL came out of old age.

Nightlife is still new for me, it hasn't gone into old age yet.  Cheesy

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2005 October 22, 12:24:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I don't purposely do it. Wink I'm so used to my sims always being gold or platinum that I forget and sometimes through them into the darned thing or have put the smart cap on and made them pass out and lose a skill to boot! Thank goodness the skillnator is idiot proof.  Grin

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: