More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 14, 00:00:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Holiday Addon pack announced
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Holiday Addon pack announced  (Read 34502 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Holiday Addon pack announced
« Reply #75 on: 2005 October 15, 23:39:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Samhein eh? Well we've already got the skyclad...

Books - when I was 21 I went to Los Angeles for 10 days. When I came home I had a suitcase full of science fiction from 2nd hand shops.  Grin Oh and a pair of jeans.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2005 October 16, 00:11:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It may sound really odd but I get all jazzed over the smell of books in new and used bookstores. Gets me in a tizzy like a kid in a toy store. Grin My husband's been teasing me for years that I'm having a secret affair with the UPS guy, considering how excited I get when he shows up with an order from Amazon. Though he gets just as excited when the package includes some of his stuff. Wink

I'm sort of iffy over the whole holiday thing. We do get together with my side of the family when possible because they're very laid back and the point is just to have a good time together. There is no guilt trips for not being able to make it exactly on the holiday, due to crazy work schedules we all just get together and enjoy each other when we're able to. Sadly we avoid stuff with my husband's family because his mom is fixated on this "perfect family" image and most get togethers with them could be aptly described as "craptaculars". It makes things much easier in a way that they are on the opposite coast from us though. Much fewer demands that we attend function X with them so his mom can show my children off like some prized baubble. Angry My favorite plans for the holidays are to keep it quiet and relaxing. Hubby & I are quite decidedly pagan ourselves but we are also incredibly personal about it. I've always been content to practice on my own and to include my children when they are interested.

When I saw the other ideas for the addon packs I was quite excited for the history era idea. I really hope they'll consider doing that one, I'd love it.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2005 October 16, 01:25:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is no guilt trips for not being able to make it exactly on the holiday, due to crazy work schedules we all just get together and enjoy each other when we're able to.

LOL!  I finally got *last* year's Christmas present from my step sister in early September.  It was a gift card for Wal*Mart, and I used it to purchase Nightlife.  Perfect timing, huh?  So much for making it exactly on the holiday.

What's worse is, I really wanna visit her house, so I can take measurements so I can build it in the Sims.  It's an honest-to-gosh log house of about 4500 square feet.  Designed and built by an engineer from Texas Instruments.  Lots of interesting stuff like doors that slide into the walls instead of swinging open.  Last Thanksgiving I counted 32 people there.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2005 October 16, 01:30:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is no guilt trips for not being able to make it exactly on the holiday, due to crazy work schedules we all just get together and enjoy each other when we're able to.

LOL!  I finally got *last* year's Christmas present from my step sister in early September.  It was a gift card for Wal*Mart, and I used it to purchase Nightlife.  Perfect timing, huh?  So much for making it exactly on the holiday.

What's worse is, I really wanna visit her house, so I can take measurements so I can build it in the Sims.  It's an honest-to-gosh log house of about 4500 square feet.  Designed and built by an engineer from Texas Instruments.  Lots of interesting stuff like doors that slide into the walls instead of swinging open.  Last Thanksgiving I counted 32 people there.

Hook

I was thinking the same thing about my mom's sister's house. It's a "smart house" with remote-controlled everything, and it's supposedly huge. Of course, my first thought was, "I wonder if she'll send me the floor plans so I can build it for my sims". Which is stupid, because, as far as I know, there are no "smart houses" in the sims. 
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2005 October 17, 10:31:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Books - when I was 21 I went to Los Angeles for 10 days. When I came home I had a suitcase full of science fiction from 2nd hand shops.  Grin Oh and a pair of jeans.

Think you might have overdone it with the jeans...  Grin

Meh...
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2005 October 17, 11:15:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin Yeah, they were pricey too, $1.99 as I recall, could have bought more books...

laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2005 October 18, 13:24:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin Yeah, they were pricey too, $1.99 as I recall, could have bought more books...

Get your priorities in order, woman!

Meh...
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2005 October 18, 14:05:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If one sim day is equal to one human year, how long woould Christmas dinner last?  Tongue

Instant gratification takes too long.
FutureCat
Blathering Buffoon

Lurking moar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: 2005 October 18, 20:18:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If one sim day is equal to one human year, how long woould Christmas dinner last?  Tongue

The same as in real life:  much too long!
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2005 October 19, 10:32:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The same as in real life:  much too long!

That is one scary thought. My childhood Christmas' are noteable by the occurance of the huge family arguements that would brew from two days prior to an absolute explosion on Boxing Day. My, how I miss them (slight sarcastic tone here).

Meh...
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2005 October 19, 11:28:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and all the kids fought over who would NOT sit opposite Great Uncle Bob at dinner because he had false teeth and chewed with his mouth open.  Cheesy

laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2005 October 20, 10:57:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and all the kids fought over who would NOT sit opposite Great Uncle Bob at dinner because he had false teeth and chewed with his mouth open.  Cheesy

Those were the days, eh?  Roll Eyes

Meh...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: