More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 19:42:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Thanks to JadeElliot, I'm organizing my downloads folder. But, I can't identify
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Thanks to JadeElliot, I'm organizing my downloads folder. But, I can't identify  (Read 11451 times)
PattyB
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Thanks to JadeElliot, I'm organizing my downloads folder. But, I can't identify
« on: 2006 February 11, 02:04:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

some creator prefixes. Does anyone here recognize these?

th2 - SimGedeohns
Suza - Simply Styling
em
db - dbcab / MTS2
tp_ts2
Anny - AnnyBlueEyes http://blueeyes.deep-ice.com/
s2s - Sims2Sisters
mat

Thanks!
« Last Edit: 2006 February 11, 03:49:18 by PattyB » Logged

Not at all awesome
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: Thanks to JadeElliot, I'm organizing my downloads folder. But, I can't identify
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 11, 02:05:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Suza is from Simply Styling.  I believe s2s is sims2sisters.  Not sure about the rest.  Maybe db is dbcab?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Thanks to JadeElliot, I'm organizing my downloads folder. But, I can't identify
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 11, 02:42:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

th2 is Tolli of SimGedoehns.

anny may be Chinafan Sims.

Zephyr Zodiac
greeneyedsims
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 11, 03:11:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure about those either...sorry.  I'm also organizing in the 'Eliott way'  Grin  and I couldn't recognize "Katherine"  anyone know?  I've got some facial hair of hers.  --green
Lyall
Dimwitted Dunce

Voodoo Snowman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 11, 03:18:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would Katherine be the one from Sims Beauty?

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall in an open sewer and die." - Mel Brooks
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 11, 03:35:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you've got an example of what these creators have made, or a picture of what the file is, that may help greatly.
PattyB
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 11, 04:00:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The downloads with a "mat" prefix seem to be bedding. Downloaded 3/05

The downloads with "tp_ts2" are clothes (swim suits and pj's). Downloaded 3/05

"em" are a shawlneck something-or-other. Downloaded 11/05

Maybe tomorrow I'll remove my download folder and just install some of these items so I can get screenshots. I've been working on this project for DAYS now and I'm afraid to play before I'm done.

Lyall - I have a couple of Katherine things too. I think they are still awaiting "processing"  Cheesy

I really appreciate all the help.

Not at all awesome
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 11, 07:57:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You've only been at it for days?  Wink Egads--I'm closing in on my second week!  Tongue  I really wish I'd have thought about this BEFORE I started downloading!  I'm just glad I save back-ups of all the compressed files in folders named after the sites from which they came.

I've been working on my MTS2 stuff for three days now.  I finally figured out that there's a much quicker way to find what I'm looking for than trying to look through the thread pages.  All the newer file names start with the creator's user ID and the Advanced Search has been such a help!

I keep pitching and tossing, then every once in a while run into a just 'gotta have it' thing.  I don't download frequently so I miss a lot, but those ladders Targa made look awesome!  I can't wait to try those.

I'm almost done with the objects now.  Before long I'll start pitching out skins and genetics.  That shouldn't be nearly as hard since I don't want to try installing any more custom sims into my game.  They just make too much clutter.

bluemoon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
Re: Thanks to JadeElliot, I'm organizing my downloads folder. But, I can't ident
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 11, 11:27:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

em might be from Boutique Emilie http://web.telia.com/~u26138834/
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 11, 13:09:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never actually save zips or rars once I've opened them.  I copy the files into my downloads folders, then move the folders they are in to my Back UP Donloads on my second HD, and delete the zips and rars.

This, to me, has the advantage that the windows search engine can find the files for me, but it can't search rars.  So, if I decide that something I've downloaded isn't working well and I delete it, I can also delete the back up - why keep a back up of something that doesn't work, or you didn't like, and is no longer in your game?

Zips and rars don't always mean smaller files with sims2 custom stuff - a lot of files won't compress anyway.

Zephyr Zodiac
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 February 11, 18:03:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Patty, "em" is clothing from sagesims.com. I have that same file and it's clothing for an elder male.

Fail.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 February 11, 18:20:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Patty, "em" is clothing from sagesims.com. I have that same file and it's clothing for an elder male.

em is just Maxis coding for elder male textures though it's not unlikely that it's sage sims since that's all they make.  I thought sage sims was gigge though.

Inteen for AL, yay!
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 February 11, 18:59:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

em is just Maxis coding for elder male textures though it's not unlikely that it's sage sims since that's all they make.  I thought sage sims was gigge though.

It's the same file. I have a bunch of them called em_coppershawlneck, em_greyshawlneck, em_mossshawlneck, and so on. They're all from sagesims.

"em" are a shawlneck something-or-other. Downloaded 11/05

Fail.
PattyB
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 February 11, 19:53:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you thank you!

I realized I miscategoried gigge prefixed items too.

When I would go on a downloading frenzy, I would sometimes forget to bookmark the site. I totally forgot about Sage Sims.

(and at first I was going to ask who "FA, FE, ME" were until I realized they were Female Adult... Those were All About Style.

Not at all awesome
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 February 11, 19:59:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always keep a back up with everything filed according to site, so usually I have no problems if I delete something and then change my mind and want it back again.

Zephyr Zodiac
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2006 February 11, 20:50:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zephyr, back in TS1 days I'd keep all the .zip files until I'd properly categorized, edited (after a while it got really old having rugs increase in price from $500 to several thousand overnight), and added the objects to .far files.  Then once that was done I'd pitch the original .zips and keep updated back-ups of my .far files.  Over the past year I haven't had time to create a good back-up system because I was so busy taking care of my dad's estate that when I had time I generally played my game.  This whole mess is something that needed done a long time ago and I will probably end up with a set-up like you have, with a back-up Downloads folder.  I'll probably also keep the original files in case I delete something and don't want to have to try to track it down again.  Yeah--I'll definitely keep those after the hours I've spent making sure each has a screenshot, all file names match (screenshot, .package files and .zip files), all sets downloaded in individual pieces put into big archives (I much prefer downloading smaller files individually than downloading a huge set--it takes so much less time!  The bigger a file is the more download time decays as it downloads until what should've taken 2 minutes ends up taking 5), and everything's tucked neatly into its place--both in-game and on the secondary partition.  Undecided

anelca
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Thanks to JadeElliot, I'm organizing my downloads folder. But, I can't ident
« Reply #16 on: 2006 February 11, 20:52:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i've given up saving anything
if it gets lost it stays lost, or i end up purging it away
there's always so much more out there....
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 February 12, 02:47:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stuff I can't identify goes into a Misc. Folder.

(All of this are random object recolors, objects, meshes, and other junk[BUT NOT HACKS] that were klingons from lots gone by.  I would delete these, but I have stupidly used them them in my game in other places.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 February 12, 05:51:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if they're walls or floors, they will just disappear and you would have to redecorate, if objects then unlike in sims1 where you lost the object, all it does in sims2 is revert back to the default, so getting rid of stuff you don't want shouldn't cause problems - although I believe you have to be careful about genetics.

Zephyr Zodiac
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 February 12, 08:01:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and at first I was going to ask who "FA, FE, ME" were until I realized they were Female Adult... Those were All About Style.

There is other creators that name their files like that to...I thought the same thing at first to but when I looked at the textures I realized some of the files I put in my All About Style didnt actually belong to her.

ISFJ
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 February 12, 10:58:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, why not run them through clean Installer - that often lists things by Creator or site.

Zephyr Zodiac
Database
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 February 12, 14:38:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"db_" is me.

Edit: At least that's the prefix I use. It might be someone else..... hmm...

* Database ponders
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2006 February 12, 15:40:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"db_" is me.

Edit: At least that's the prefix I use. It might be someone else..... hmm...

* Database ponders

Now, now... we've talked about this in chat. DB is David Boreanaz. He is the uber hottie from Angel and Bones. *drools*

I hereby dub thee Datum, the Officially Immortalized. Tongue There can Only Be One!

Ponder that!  Grin

Ste

Database
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 February 12, 16:27:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* Database ponders what the hell Ste is on about.
PattyB
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 February 12, 21:33:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, why not run them through clean Installer - that often lists things by Creator or site.

If the creator doesn't put their name in the .package file, Clean Installer can't tell me.

Last night I gave up and just MiscObject, MiscClothes, MiscGenetics all of my remaining unidentified items.

THEN I went onto installing premade Sims and Houses.

Today I actually get to play and see how many BLUE items I end up with and need to have SimPE fix for me.  Roll Eyes

Not at all awesome
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: