More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 19:11:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Major imbalance of boys vs girls being born
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Major imbalance of boys vs girls being born  (Read 17991 times)
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
Re: Major imbalance of boys vs girls being born
« Reply #25 on: 2006 January 15, 16:29:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've thought about the baby gender problem for a while, and I've come up with two different ideas, both of which are unappealing.

1. Brandi Broke Effect : If there is only one parent linked to a pregnancy, the baby will be the opposite gender.  This kinda sucks because then the resulting baby genetics are one sided.

2. Twins Effect: Make every birth a twins birth and discard the unwanted gender.  Rather draconian and leads to BFBVFS.

Remember you can always just save right before birth and reload until you get the wanted gender.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
Torkle
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 January 15, 16:44:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Remember you can always just save right before birth and reload until you get the wanted gender.

Yep - But as a hacker, I'm looking for an in-game BHAV modification based change.  Wouldn't it be nice to have a hack that lets you choose the gender of your new baby as it is born?

---
Torkle
plastic shine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 January 15, 16:45:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question about making sims townies-
After they become a townie, do they still hold the family ties and stuff to their family? And does their name, personality, skills, etc all stay the same, or do they get changed randomly so they're a random townie and not someone you created?
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 January 15, 16:51:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe our dear modders here have said a few times that a hack for determining gender of the baby at birth is not possible.

plastic shine: Are you talking about making a sim a townie with the Simlogical teleporter shrub? If so, they retain all of their traits and family ties as you created them, with one exception: Fresh out of CAS sims made into townies will be randomly assigned a job and the appropriate skill points. I don't know what happens to sims who are already employed/already have skill points, but the same may happen. YA sims will be dormies if put into the townie pool.

plastic shine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 January 15, 17:00:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about names? If I make 8 people in CAS all as roommates (to avoid doing it a million times over) when they become townies with the shrub would they keep their first and last names?
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 January 15, 17:05:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've thought about the baby gender problem for a while, and I've come up with two different ideas, both of which are unappealing.

2. Twins Effect: Make every birth a twins birth and discard the unwanted gender.  Rather draconian and leads to BFBVFS.

Does this assume that all twins births are fraternal twins of different genders?  I have only ever had one set of brother and sister twins.  I've not had many twins (I don't use a hack) but of the six I have had (and can remember) all except that one were boy-boy or girl-girl.  Three of these pairs were identical.  I know they aren't identical in game terms but I have to dress them differently to tell them apart.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Torkle
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 January 15, 17:30:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this assume that all twins births are fraternal twins of different genders?  I have only ever had one set of brother and sister twins.  I've not had many twins (I don't use a hack) but of the six I have had (and can remember) all except that one were boy-boy or girl-girl.  Three of these pairs were identical.  I know they aren't identical in game terms but I have to dress them differently to tell them apart.

Ahah - Bad assumption on my part.  All of my twins (maybe six now) have been boy-girl.  Rules out one more idea for baby gender choosing.

---
Torkle
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2006 January 15, 17:33:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep - But as a hacker, I'm looking for an in-game BHAV modification based change.  Wouldn't it be nice to have a hack that lets you choose the gender of your new baby as it is born?

Not possible currently without hacking the make new character primitive in the .exe, which sucks. Maxoid Tom has said that he was going to try to get the primitive changed to accept the gender parameter for babies in one of the EPs, but who knows when or if it will happen. I try with every new EP and still no joy.
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 January 15, 17:35:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about names? If I make 8 people in CAS all as roommates (to avoid doing it a million times over) when they become townies with the shrub would they keep their first and last names?

Yes, they keep all traits, including names. This becomes annoying when one ends up with a bunch of different people with the same last name... I edit them in SimPE. I don't know WHY they didn't add the same sort of household interface to the CAS system in the regular neighborhood as they did in the Uni neighborhoods once the EP came out...

Torkle
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 January 15, 18:08:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not possible currently without hacking the make new character primitive in the .exe, which sucks. Maxoid Tom has said that he was going to try to get the primitive changed to accept the gender parameter for babies in one of the EPs, but who knows when or if it will happen. I try with every new EP and still no joy.

Yes, a change to the primitive 'Make New Character' so that it uses a gender parameter is the best solution, but I'm trying to think outside of the box here.

---
Torkle
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2006 January 15, 18:46:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Been there, done that.  Cheesy Gender selection has been a 'holy grail' type quest for me for over a year. I've tried so many different things I've lost count.
FreakyRufus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 January 15, 18:54:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be possible to let them be born normally, and then change the gender afterwards? (Thinking outside the box and outside the room the box is in Smiley)
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 January 15, 18:57:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be possible to let them be born normally, and then change the gender afterwards? (Thinking outside the box and outside the room the box is in Smiley)

You can do that now, with SimPE.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 January 15, 19:02:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes.  There was a discussion about this last week (http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=2581.msg74220#msg74220) - look at post # 28.

It's fairly easy to do and it works fine.

Karen
FreakyRufus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 January 15, 19:37:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can do that now, with SimPE.

Sorry, I should have been a little more detailed in what I wrote.  What I'm suggesting is a mod that would, for example, pop up a dialog immediately after the baby is born to let you change the gender, in game, without having to save/quite/edit/restart.  Would that be possible?

Or, to take it a step further, don't even use the default routines for birth -- completely replace them.  Call Make New Character, then take the created character and change the gender, then play the animation, assign a name, etc.  Would that be feasible?
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2006 January 15, 19:42:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, the required files can't be changed from in-game. Simpe is currently the only way to change the gender.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: