More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 17:12:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Pregnancy length?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pregnancy length?  (Read 14059 times)
plastic shine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Pregnancy length?
« on: 2006 January 07, 03:35:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How many sim-hours are each of the trimesters? For some reason it's always unexpected when the view zooms in on the woman and her belly gets bigger, or she has the baby. It might be lack of attention on my part... so I'm just wondering.

(This is without any mods or hacks that affect the pregnancy in any way. Just the regular, Maxis process.)
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
Re: Pregnancy length?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 07, 03:36:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sim pregnancies are 75 hours - each trimester is 25 hours.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 07, 04:19:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sim pregnancies are 75 hours - each trimester is 25 hours.

Right observe, Kyna. And to you, plastic (if you are a beginner): when you see the first bump, take a shoot, and write the hour (2 AM, 5 PM, etc). The next day, the bump will occure 1 hour later, and the birth will occure 1 hour later than the second day. So don't plan wedding parties at the third day...Smiley.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 07, 05:32:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In fact, if you want your female sim to go on honeymoon, don't plan them while she's pregnant or she can't go!  So just a quiet little wedding with just the two of them and a few friends?

I rarely have big parties for Romance Sims either, unless the intended spouse is Family and has rolled the want - I just get the knot tied before they can back out, LOL!

Zephyr Zodiac
Baa
Nitwitted Nuisance

cat hair

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 07, 05:33:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No shotgun weddings? Darn!

i pop that P like you don't believe
and if ya want me you won't succeed!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 07, 05:50:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, you can have the shotgun wedding, just no honeymoon!  Or the bridegroom will go alone - and who knows what he'll be getting up to! Grin

Zephyr Zodiac
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 07, 05:57:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I always thought the pregnancy was supposed to be exactly 3 days, but my sim ladies always seemed to be a little late  Cheesy. The 25 hours x 3 explains it.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 07, 07:44:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, you CAN have the wife go on honeymoons when she's pregnant- it just has to be before the first belly pop! I just had this happen a few weeks ago with my legacy heir- she was newly pregnant but hadn't popped yet, her and hubby had a wedding party, and though I didn't expect it, off she went into the limo!

But post-belly pop, no dice.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 07, 09:48:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, while she can still go to work, that makes sense.

Zephyr Zodiac
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 07, 13:52:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love Shotgun Weddings!!  Breaking into a Dixie Chicks song "You cain't afford no ring, cain't afford no ring, I shouldn't be wearin' white, and you cain't afford no ring. . . . Baby's on it's way, baby's on it's way, dang, hurry, kiss me quick, cause the baby's on it's way. . "

Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 January 07, 13:57:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone else get annoyed that the pregnancy lasts as long as it takes for the toddler and the baby to age? I feel like it is really unrealistic- the pregnancy should be more like one day, and the aging of the baby faster as well- and childhood should be longer...

Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 January 07, 14:06:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maxis set the ages by how much could be done in those lifestages. Children can't do much really. I personally wouldn't want the children to be any longer.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 January 07, 16:41:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's a mistake to try to compare sim-life-stages with human ones, as lythdan says, it's set by what can be done in those lifestages.  And the babies are babies for three days since it would be no challenge if they grew up in one sim day!  The same applies to pregnancy, if the babies popped out at the end of one day, it would be little more of a challenge than it was in sims 1 - "Shall we have a baby?" and lo and behold, say yes and there's the crib with the little howler all ready to burst its lungs!

Zephyr Zodiac
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 January 07, 16:53:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In real life, the third trimester of pregnancy may only take 3 months ... but it certainly feels a heck of a lot longer when you're 5'2" and carrying a 9-pounder.

If the baby is born before 6pm on one day, it can be grown up at 6pm the next day.  A baby's lifestage can be as short as 25 hours, if you time the pregnancy right.  Try sending your wanna-be parents for a little 'siesta' after lunch if you want to aim for a short baby stage.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
jase
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 January 07, 18:06:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone else get annoyed that the pregnancy lasts as long as it takes for the toddler and the baby to age? I feel like it is really unrealistic- the pregnancy should be more like one day, and the aging of the baby faster as well- and childhood should be longer...
Since you have the InTeenimater (from another thread), you can use the Biological Clock to specify whether you want a ~3 day (75 hour), ~1 day (25 hour), ~1.5 hour (75 minutes), or instant pregnancy & delivery.  I created the 1 day option for the very reasons you cite.  The time scale in Sims 2 is loosely 1 sim day = 1 year.  I dunno, but most women would probably axe murder the fathers of their babies if they had to lug a baby around in their belly for 3+ years.

Isn't it about time you did your part in God's plan?  Go on, install InTeen today.  What would Jesus do?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 January 07, 18:15:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only thing to add to that is, this is really the only time when Aging Off can NEVER be advisable!  Although I never usually do it if there's a baby, toddler or child who hasn't got A+ yet, I do sometimes give a slow toddler in a new family who can't use Smart Milk because their aspiration meter is still only in the green an extra day, I never do it during pregnancy, or it will last even longer!  At least, so I've found!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 January 07, 18:42:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pregnancy progresses normally even with aging off 75 hours

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 January 07, 18:51:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I have often found with aging off it lasts longer!  Seems to, at any rate - but I don't normally count the hours!  But it definitely affects kids and teens ability to get A+ at school!

Zephyr Zodiac
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2006 January 08, 19:05:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I have often found with aging off it lasts longer!  Seems to, at any rate - but I don't normally count the hours!  But it definitely affects kids and teens ability to get A+ at school!

Huh? What has pregnancy length got to do with kids' or teens' ability to get A+ in school? I'm not following...

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
Avie
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 January 08, 19:23:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

interesting question. Waynetta Slob of my beloved Slob family is currently expecting her ninth and the pregnancy has already lasted two full days beyond the normal. Considering that I NEVER use ageing off this is odd but I had noticed that the delivery was about 12 hours late with her eighth child. After delivery the age transitions went normally.
Most likely it is a consequence of using the Elixir of Life so that dear Waynetta could get her 10 kids want,

IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 January 08, 20:02:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh? What has pregnancy length got to do with kids' or teens' ability to get A+ in school? I'm not following...

I think they meant that having aging off affects kids' ability to get an A+.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2006 January 08, 21:22:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's set by "perceptual" length of time. Pregnancy can seem to go on forever! But then the next years fly by and it's "how did my baby grow up so fast??!!!"  So I think they got it right  Grin 

For some reason the baby stage always seems to be shorter than the alleged 2 or 3 days claimed in the guides. For some reason the toddler stage seems longer, but I think that's just perception on my part because it can be such an annoying age.

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 January 08, 21:33:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think they meant that having aging off affects kids' ability to get an A+.

That's what I meant, sorry if I didn't phrase it more clearly!

Zephyr Zodiac
sadiebutterfly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2006 January 08, 21:59:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most likely it is a consequence of using the Elixir of Life so that dear Waynetta could get her 10 kids want

I am so dim. I had been playing the Godbotherers (baby nine on the way!) with aging off every time Ella-Mae popped a sprog, so that she wouldn't lose too many valuable childbearing years while waiting for the next teen to go to college and let her have another one, but I could have just given her Life Elixir!

(Although whether she would ever get into gold for long enough to take it is another matter. Life is hard when you have six kids at home and only one bathroom.)
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 January 09, 18:59:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had 6 kids born in one sim house and always use aging off during the 3-day pregnancy stage. I've never had a problem with all kids getting A+ in school.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: