More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 21, 04:04:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Seasons - custom content that doesn't work properly
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Seasons - custom content that doesn't work properly  (Read 5373 times)
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
Seasons - custom content that doesn't work properly
« on: 2007 March 01, 09:45:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wanted to start a thread about custom content *not "hacks" as there is already a thread for that.

Few things I noticed about custom content when play testing seasons,

1 - Custom frigs. (including one from Life Stories) don't work properly. You can put leftovers in them, but you can't get leftovers out. Tested using Tranquility Frig from Holy Simoly and Lifestories frig. However, if you buy a regular frig, all the leftovers will be in there.

2 - Custom food, can be saved as leftovers in regular frigs.

3 - Table top Soda machine by Numenor/Exnem - sims sometimes use it as a frig. when putting leftovers. Can't get them back out of course as the only option is to drink. When clicking on regular frig., leftovers put in soda machine are there.

4 - The obvious: Merola's End table dressers and pile of clothes dresser does not have the option to change into outerwear.
Interestingly, Marmy's closet doors from MTS2 do have the option.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 02, 11:17:42 by PlayLives » Logged
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Seasons - custom content that doesn't work properly
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 01, 10:02:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The default skins I was using from SimSquirts are FUBARed in Seasons. They cause everyone's hair textures to go missing and in the Change Appearance window, the faces are totally gone. There's just a black void where they should be.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Moa
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 01, 11:06:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't expect custom objects made prior to any one expansion pack to include the options that the updated Maxis objects do, since custom objects are essentially cloned off earlier Maxis versions. The object creator has to do an updated version for the current expansion pack, and not a lot of them bother with it. (One reason why I don't download many custom objects any more.)
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 01, 11:36:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't expect custom objects made prior to any one expansion pack to include the options that the updated Maxis objects do, since custom objects are essentially cloned off earlier Maxis versions.

And considering that many functions related to food got a drastic overhaul in this EP, I would not necessarily expect custom foods to work properly with Seasons until some sort of update is available. 
lizzycat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 01, 12:05:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1 - Custom frigs. (including one from Life Stories) don't work properly. You can put leftovers (single plates) in them, but you can't get leftovers out. You can't put platters as leftovers in them at all. Tested using Tranquility Frig from Holy Simoly and Lifestories frig. However, if you buy a regular frig, all the leftovers will be in there.

worked in the holy Simoly fridge for me.
Countess
eamethyst
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 01, 13:02:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The default skins I was using from SimSquirts are FUBARed in Seasons. They cause everyone's hair textures to go missing and in the Change Appearance window, the faces are totally gone. There's just a black void where they should be.

I haven't tried to put my default replacement skins in, but all custom skintones may require updating, due to the fact that a sim's skin will now change tone if they are near freezing or overheated.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 01, 13:17:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far it's just been the ones from SimSquirts. I downloaded another couple of sets and they seem to work fine so far. It wouldn't surprise me if skins needed some kind of an update though.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 01, 13:30:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have all my custom skins (by Enayla), including defaults by Louis07 and everything seems to be working okay. Haven't tested sunburn state though.
I have a fat bodytype by melodie9 that I have to try as well.
Zii
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 01, 14:01:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't tried to put my default replacement skins in, but all custom skintones may require updating, due to the fact that a sim's skin will now change tone if they are near freezing or overheated.

The toning is an effect similar to that seen on vampires, so it works on custom skintones just fine.
My default replacements for skins (Lin's v. of SimCribbling skins), eyes, and brows also work without a problem.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 02, 03:34:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Update on custom foods:  I put mine back in the game this morning and everything is working fine.  The "put away/get leftovers" function does seem to work on custom foods, at least the ones I tried.  Most of the ones I have were downloaded from MTS2 or Cocosims.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: