More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 16:45:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540271 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  CAS Glitch - Zooms out the window.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: CAS Glitch - Zooms out the window.  (Read 2224 times)
SarahKOM
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
CAS Glitch - Zooms out the window.
« on: 2007 September 25, 16:20:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This isn't a problem on my game, but my friend's game. He has unpatched games up to Seasons. I don't know what mods and hacks he has.
Oddly, this seems to be a species specific glitch, and happens mostly in Veronaville.

The problem is most evident in CAS. When creating a sim, the sim is shot up against the back wall, all tiny and the lighting on it goes black and white.
When creating a cat, the camera rushes out to the left (Facing the screen), passing the photoshoot area and out to the very edge of the 'CAS Lot'.
When creating a dog, it does the opposite and goes right, straight out the window.

Neighbourhodwise, he says that the plumbobs shoot away from the sims and huddle together in a corner, still spinning. Some lots go black, as in all colours are gone and while the building and such are still there, it's all completely black. Normal sims are not able to move, while zombies are.
These things only happen with CC on, and we've just removed a big chunk of items.
As far as I can tell, it is nearly is, or just plain is a BFBVFS.

However, if there is a way to fix it, please tell so it can be fixed up.
Thanks.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: CAS Glitch - Zooms out the window.
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 25, 18:12:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it only happens with CC on, then he's got a bad mesh or a hack that's not compatible with Seasons, or conflicting hacks.  First thing he can do is get Paladin's Hack Conflict Detection Utility from www.simwardrobe.com, and run it to see if he has hack conflicts.  If he does, and removing the conflicting hacks doesn't solve the problem, he'll then have to do a 'binary sort' on his downloads folder to try and narrow down the problem.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

What Would Brian Kinney Do?

View Profile WWW
Re: CAS Glitch - Zooms out the window.
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 26, 04:35:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why am I reminded of this?

It's really a list of the things they set up to happen if the Safe Disk protection was improperly removed by a nocd crack, same thing happened when the original came out and you couldn't save or build walls while you had the nocd installed.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: