More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 14:02:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540271 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Graphics card go boom?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Graphics card go boom?  (Read 2162 times)
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
Graphics card go boom?
« on: 2006 July 12, 21:04:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Today I started getting little pink dots all over my desktop.  Weird.  So I rebooted.  Still there.  Hmm....  So, I tried opening Sims.  The monitor shut off (power light blinking like in sleep mode).  Ok.  THis isn't good.  I tried shutting down the computer and restarting it.  Monitor came on, but there was a weird graphical "ghost" of some of the boot text printed slightly to the left about every inch or so.  I booted into safe mode and did a system restore to earlier in case I did something.  No dice.  I tried unplugging the monitor and plugging it back in.  Now it won't turn on at all (power light still blinking).  When I unplugged it, I got the test screen and all looked normal, so it isn't the monitor.  Same graphical problem is also occuring on another monitor.

So, is my video card toast?  In which case I am happy and pissed off.  I am happy because I REALLY wanted a better one and pissed off because I can't really afford one.   Tongue

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Graphics card go boom?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 July 12, 21:15:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, your video card is toast.  That's exactly what happened with my new ATI X700 Pro about a month after I bought it -- ended up sending it to ATI for warranty repair, and they just replaced it.  Turned out the fan on the original was defective, so the card overheated and cooked itself.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: