More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 16, 00:33:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Lighting so poor in houses
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Lighting so poor in houses  (Read 2685 times)
Flipant
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Lighting so poor in houses
« on: 2007 January 15, 19:49:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I took the neighborhood sims I was playing, packaged them and their lots, simpe the memories, relationships, repackaged, and installed in a new neighborhood with a new install of the game.  Now the sims have their memories, but no relationships other than the household.  Anyone know what could have happened there?

What I was trying to do here is have the sims I packaged remember each other and have their family ties remain the same when they moved into the new neighborhood, so I left only the memories of the custom sims I packaged to take to the new neighborhood.  I had all the relationships to only the custom sims also, no townies or npc's, and they are gone.  Is there something I can do or should I just give up the idea and start allllllllll over again!  Huh

Second problem is, the houses are so dark you can't see the floor and wall color, they are all a dark brown.  Removing a wall brings on lots of light, replacing windows doesn't help.  Also, the sims pics when you load them look kinda grey.  I had CEP 4.0 then installed 5.0 to see if it changed anything and it doesn't.  Dazed and confused here. 

Let the lip ripping begin!  Thanks for your help.
Countess
eamethyst
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Lighting so poor in houses
« Reply #1 on: 2007 January 15, 19:59:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The lighting issue sounds like you have got Gunmod's lighting mod.  There was a CEP that incorporated it a few months ago, but I thought Numenor had taken it out in the most recent version.  My only advise would be to check the documentation on the CEP, it should give you the option of installing it or not.

On the other issue, I believe that losing relationships to all non-household Sims is simply a symptom of moving them into the housing bin.  I don't think there is a fix for that.
Flipant
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 January 15, 20:06:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for your reply.  Yes, CEP 4.0 did have the option of install the mod.  I mistakenly installed it, but when I installed 5.0, it should have taken it out, looks like maybe it didn't.  I will check the documentation.  Thanks again.
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 January 15, 20:40:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably not your lighting issue, but I know I have a couple of cc windows that look pretty, but don't allow any light into the house (which is silly because the series is called 'atrium').

Flipant
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 January 15, 20:45:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah, I tried replacing all the windows in one house.  I had this happen a long time ago, and I don't remember what I did.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: