More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 15, 10:25:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Townie free new neighborhood & Deleteallcharacters
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Townie free new neighborhood & Deleteallcharacters  (Read 8042 times)
Rowla
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Townie free new neighborhood & Deleteallcharacters
« on: 2006 May 15, 03:52:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello All...

I'm a noob and mac user - can't download SimPE, etc.

Just created a new neighbourhood, got some nice families in there Smiley And I just found out that I can create my very own nice looking townies!! So now I want to delete ALL existing townies.

So is this what I do?
1. Save my lots with the families in the lot and family bin
2. Activate deleteallcharacters
3. Put the families and their lots back

Will that keep my families and stuff safe?
Also, does deleteallcharacters only delete the ones in that particular neighbourhood?

With the simlogical transporter - does it automatically create NPCs from my custom townie?

Many Thanks!!

Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
Re: Townie free new neighborhood & Deleteallcharacters
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 15, 04:10:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The 7th thread down in the Peasantry section is a tutorial specifically for this.  Might search the site a bit before you start asking for help on something Wink

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=4090.0
Rowla
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 15, 05:00:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks a bunch! Appreciate it!

I saw your thread before but didn't click it because it said Tutorial: Deleting, Creating, and Generating Townies in OFB *updated* and I don't have OFB... but now I know it will work too.

Thanks again Nec! Smiley
Nec
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 15, 05:07:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I think I may change the title...which may help some since it works for all EPs, though apparently DAC is broken in OFB. I have never used it myself other than for testing purposes, I always delete character files from the folder instead. Good luck with your new hood, and welcome to MATY Grin
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 15, 20:56:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something else to note from the first post - DAC deletes sims in the sim bin.  While I'm not sure that sims in lots in the lot bin will be deleted or not, I do know that is a BAD thing.

I realise that you've probably figured out what to do by checking other threads, but I really wanted to note that here.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 May 15, 20:58:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something else to note from the first post - DAC deletes sims in the sim bin.  While I'm not sure that sims in lots in the lot bin will be deleted or not, I do know that is a BAD thing.
Uh, yeah, delete all characters would delete ALL characters, including the sims in the sim bin, the idea being to wipe out all the character files from a neighborhood, period. This is not so bad because the idea is to exterminate everything, whereas normal deletion from sim-bin causes dead files.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Nec
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 May 15, 21:09:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I realise that you've probably figured out what to do by checking other threads, but I really wanted to note that here.

Well, that got me curious so I checked just now, and DAC does not do anything to the sims in the lot bin.
Rowla
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 May 16, 02:36:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Nec,

i got silly after i made my new neighborhood - i forgot to click custom uni instead! (haven't done downtown yet!) i did the math and i should have around 50 characters in my main neighborhood including my new cutom townies. so is it safe to delete the rest of the files and the mistake uni subhood?

Also... in downtown and uni, how many custom townies would i need to create for each subhood? what's the minimum?

thanks Smiley
Nec
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 May 16, 04:11:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Nec,

i got silly after i made my new neighborhood - i forgot to click custom uni instead! (haven't done downtown yet!) i did the math and i should have around 50 characters in my main neighborhood including my new cutom townies. so is it safe to delete the rest of the files and the mistake uni subhood?

Also... in downtown and uni, how many custom townies would i need to create for each subhood? what's the minimum?

thanks Smiley

Did you check the date and time of file creation? That should tell you which are the new ones, and they will all have been created at the same time. Just sort by date.

If it was Sim State University you made, it creates 113 character files, Academie Le Tour makes 100, but I don't know about La Fiesta Tech. The thing is, you can't delete the uni hood you make until you make another one, and doing that will create an additional 50 character files. So if you do want to delete it, then make the new hood first, then delete it. Then go delete all the character files.

I have not found a minumum number as of yet. I usually make between 25 and 30 for each. I am going to be building a new custom hood soon, and post the results in my thread.
Rowla
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 May 16, 04:13:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Sir! Cheesy
Nec
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 May 16, 04:25:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No problem Wink
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 May 16, 09:40:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Sir! Cheesy

Heh, it's "Ma'am" actually  Wink

(wanders off whistling the theme of The Trooper)

Let the Beast inside you free!
Nec
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 May 16, 19:37:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Sir! Cheesy

Heh, it's "Ma'am" actually  Wink

(wanders off whistling the theme of The Trooper)

Roll Eyes shhh! it's a secret! Only those who find their way to my profile know that *rocks out*
Rowla
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 May 17, 01:41:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Ooopps!!!*

Very Sorry!! Thanks for all the help!

I'm working on the new town, and btw i found out that the new custom uni creates 98 new characters, and i've also noticed that the naming of these character files are not necessarily in order. In a mac i am abled to label files by color so with i did was label the main town characters first before creating the uni campus, and then exited like your instructions and deleted the my unlabelled files.

thanks again Nec!
Nec
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 May 17, 03:18:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hehe, don't worry about it. It happens in real life too when I am in uniform. Tongue

Glad it is working out finally, and yes 98 files is the norm...in the other ones you have the pre-made students in the sim bin and the greek houses added to that.
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
OCCUPADO = BAD
« Reply #15 on: 2006 May 17, 16:26:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, that got me curious so I checked just now, and DAC does not do anything to the sims in the lot bin.

Yeah, but - moving OCCUPIED houses to the Lot Bin is a BAD, BAD thing to do!

Sorry - I'm guessing that you (Nec) know this, but the original poster (Rowla) specifically said she was a newbie to this kind of thing, so I'm feeling pretty leery of a suggestion that she should move her families into the Lot Bin.

Rowla: It's a very bad idea to move occupied houses to the Lot Bin, because every time you do that, the game unlinks any and all relationships the sims in that family have with other sims outside the house. So by moving sims into the Lot Bin, assuming those sims have any relationships outside the house, you're bringing along possibly as many as 50 "ghost"/unlinked sims per family - thus making a mockery of the whole deleteallcharacters thing!

Unless something has changed dramatically since OFB and the most recent patches, the only safe way to move existing sims into the Lot Bin is if you use one of the "many sims on one lot" hacks to move every sim that the household knows onto the same lot.

Here are some more threads about it:
I found a way to connect the three neighborhoods together (Serious Thread). This link jumps straight to the messages by StarrKist and Sleepycat where they discuss the problem.

A question about moving sims, deleting all characters, and other weirdness.

Import Strangetown and Veronaville into Pleasantville - Can it be done?

Sorry to put a downer on it, but like most people who've been around MATY since the beginning, I've seen far too many posters lose their Neighbourhoods in Big Fiery Balls Visible From Space owing to 330 unlinked characters turning up per LotBinned house  Undecided.
« Last Edit: 2006 May 17, 16:32:54 by baratron » Logged

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
Nec
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 May 17, 22:45:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: baratron
Yeah, but - moving OCCUPIED houses to the Lot Bin is a BAD, BAD thing to do!

Sorry - I'm guessing that you (Nec) know this, but the original poster (Rowla) specifically said she was a newbie to this kind of thing, so I'm feeling pretty leery of a suggestion that she should move her families into the Lot Bin.

I never suggested, moving sims in houses to the lot bin, Ness was wondering if it happened, if you read up a bit, I was curious, I tested it out to see what would happen. Ness never suggested it either. As a matter of fact, in the quote you quoted, Ness says it is a BAD thing, and I did not feel the need to repeat that it is a bad thing. Wink
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: