More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 14, 07:04:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Lot problem: Terrain... miscolored? missing? only in neighborhood view
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Lot problem: Terrain... miscolored? missing? only in neighborhood view  (Read 3342 times)
chickengirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
Lot problem: Terrain... miscolored? missing? only in neighborhood view
« on: 2006 February 13, 06:59:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi, I'm new here, please don't hurt me

I've got a problem that has shown up twice, in two different neighborhoods. I tried searching the forum, but actually I'm not sure what keywords I need to be searching for.

Instance 1: Pleasantview
Screenshot

I had Lilith Pleasant and Dirk Dreamer living in this house, but after the first time I played it it started looking like this. While I'm actually on the lot, everything looks and acts normal. I've since moved Lilith and Dirk to another lot, which isn't having this problem.

Instance 2: Custom neighborhood
Screenshot

I'm doing a challenge on this lot, and after the first time I played it, it started looking like this. While I'm actually on the lot, it looks and acts normal.

I have.... holy crap, 43 hacks??! Of which the only ones that didn't come from this site are Shaklin's medicine cabinet, no gnome theft, and homework sometimes, and some custom hairs and clothes. I have Uni, Nightlife, and the holiday pack, and I don't have the new NL patch yet.

My most pressing concern right now is whether this is just a cosmetic problem or if it will actually affect my game. Will it? And/or how can I fix it?

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: Lot problem: Terrain... miscolored? missing? only in neighborhood view
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 13, 15:19:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea what your problem is...I've never seen that exactly.  If it doesn't seem to affect gameplay, and it doesn't follow the family around, I'd just move the families into new lots and bulldoze the old ones.  Undecided
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 13, 15:24:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It appears to be mostly cosmetic, although your entire neighborhood looks a little more colorful and...grungy, than mine does. Try randomly moving the lots around the neighborhood (NOT THE LOT BIN) and then putting it back and see if that helps.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 13, 15:26:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My neighbourhood looks like that if it's clear and not blurry and if I have textures set to high.
chickengirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 14, 02:25:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It appears to be mostly cosmetic, although your entire neighborhood looks a little more colorful and...grungy, than mine does. Try randomly moving the lots around the neighborhood (NOT THE LOT BIN) and then putting it back and see if that helps.

Okay, I just tried it. When I pick up the lot, the "weirdness" (don't know what else to call it) appears to stay where the lot was, but then when I put the lot down, the weirdness moves to the lot's new location. I'd really hate to bulldoze that Pleasantview house, since it was not built by me and therefore doesn't suck :p The house in the custom neighborhood, though, probably will have a date with a bulldozer sometime in the future because it was built by me and is therefore sucktacular. :p

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 14, 03:12:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a similar effect in some of my lots.  It happens in two instances - the lot has a basement that extends to the walls of the house or the lot was moved from/to land that slopes.  Since I have a lousy video card, the neighbourhood screen gives me that weird effect.

It doesn't affect gameplay in anyway, it's just a graphical glitch on the neighbourhood screen.  I wouldn't worry about it.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 14, 04:01:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh I have the lot that looks much like the first. It seems to be a combination of the steep slope and custom terrain (it's supposed to be beach front). For awhile I thought it was the camera mod, but I rebuilt the lot 4 times and it was always fine until I lowered the land (so it wouldn't all be flooded) and then added the terrain and that broke it. I read somewhere that actually playing it could make that go away - sounds like it doesn't, too bad :( (It's actually the sand and not the water that looks that way... weird.)

Unsouper
chickengirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 14, 04:32:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a similar effect in some of my lots.  It happens in two instances - the lot has a basement that extends to the walls of the house or the lot was moved from/to land that slopes.  Since I have a lousy video card, the neighbourhood screen gives me that weird effect.

I think that must be what happened in my case too - the Pleasantview house is built on a hill, and the whole custom neighborhood that the other house is in is very hilly - I had to flatten much of the lot to build on it. And I don't even have a lousy video card, I just have lousy integrated video. :p

It doesn't affect gameplay in anyway, it's just a graphical glitch on the neighbourhood screen.  I wouldn't worry about it.
[/quote]

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: