More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 23:06:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bon Voyage dissatisfaction
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bon Voyage dissatisfaction  (Read 222100 times)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: Bon Voyage dissatisfaction
« Reply #350 on: 2007 September 24, 16:14:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gah. This isn't worthy of a separate topic, so I'm tacking it on here. Has anyone been able to get "familyFunds" working since BV? I can't seem to do it. With family name, without family name. With capitalization, without capitalization. In lot view, in 'hood view. I finally had to go into SimPE to edit the family funds down $8,000 for a private school fee (I prefer one huge payment, it hurts more).

If you've got it working, what exact format are you using? It seems much more picky. I used to just use it in-lot and type "familyFunds -35000". Worked. Now, nada.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
seapup
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: 2007 September 24, 16:30:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The family funds cheat is working fine for me post BV. The format is the same as it has always been, familyfunds familyname amount, or if the name has a space enclose it in quotation marks, familyfunds "family name" amount. The only difference I have noticed is that it works in-lot as well as from the neighborhood screen.
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: 2007 September 24, 16:45:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using familyfunds lately and agree - working fine in both neighborhood screen and in lots.

I still have crammyboys computer madness fix installed and last night I directed a sim to ply ssx and it dropped out of queue... but they will play the computer games autonomously.

Does that old hack need updating?

seapup
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: 2007 September 24, 16:59:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am also using Crammyboys no computer madness fix and I am having no problem directing sims to play ssx3. I did have to take out my CC computers though (too lazy to update them).
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: 2007 September 24, 17:08:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using familyfunds lately and agree - working fine in both neighborhood screen and in lots.
Well, then. Either it's some weird user error or I have a hack conflict. Strange for it to conflict with a cheat, though. Hopefully I can get it working before Lilly endows the 'hood's school.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: 2007 September 24, 18:05:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Either it's some weird user error or I have a hack conflict. Strange for it to conflict with a cheat, though.

No, not really -- after all, look at the problem with the DMA teleport thing causing weird responses from the Tour Guides in the vacation hoods.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #356 on: 2007 September 25, 07:53:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had trouble getting it to work too-but it was on a dorm lot. I bought them a mirror and wanted to replace the cost as it was my unawesomeness that made me forget to get them one before moving them in. Didn't work in either lot or neighbourhood. I haven't tried it in a regular hood, but I admit it isn't a cheat I use often anyway. So I'm not that bothered if it has stopped working for me Cheesy

toriamos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: 2007 September 25, 20:46:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ever since BV any sims that is directed to a double bed will automatically sleep on the right side of the bed.  You can not make them sleep on the left side until a sims is sleeping on the right.  It's not a big deal, but it bugs me that the first to bed must take the right side unless the sims go to bed at the same time.  Is anyone else noticing this problem?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: 2007 September 25, 20:49:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TwoJeff's Smart Beds or Pescado's bedsidefix fix this.

But no, you aren't hallucinating.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
toriamos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: 2007 September 25, 20:58:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TwoJeff's Smart Beds or Pescado's bedsidefix fix this.

But no, you aren't hallucinating.

Thanks Zazazu, I'll download the bedsidefix.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: 2007 September 30, 12:17:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The wedding party plus honeymoon scenario is not working properly. Someone posted about it on a sims2 community on livejournal recently, and I had the exact same experience.

My engaged sim planned a honeymoon and then threw a wedding party. The party went fine, the sims got married and the dialogue came up that they had had a great party. Instead of the limo arriving however, the party started all over again. I nuked the stuck party with the Lot Debugger, but still no limo.

On clicking on the sim and the vacation menu, the sim had the option to cancel the vacation but I initially did not do this, to see whether the vacation scenario would start but it did not. Eventually I had the sim re-book the vacation and a dialogue appeared to say that this would cancel the previously planned vacation, which of course was fine by me.

More F than you
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: 2007 September 30, 12:43:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The wedding party plus honeymoon scenario is not working properly. Someone posted about it on a sims2 community on livejournal recently, and I had the exact same experience.

My engaged sim planned a honeymoon and then threw a wedding party. The party went fine, the sims got married and the dialogue came up that they had had a great party. Instead of the limo arriving however, the party started all over again. I nuked the stuck party with the Lot Debugger, but still no limo.

Maybe a hack conflict?  The scenario worked fine for me, though I've only seen it once.  If I recall correctly, they get picked up by the airport shuttle, not the limo, after the party is over.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #362 on: 2007 September 30, 12:51:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed the community lot wedding then honeyhoom does not give the holidaymakers the vacation benefits when they return home. Works fine when they have a wedding party at home, then go on honeymoon though.

pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: 2007 September 30, 13:06:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had some honeymoons work ok, and the last one did not work : after the pop up with the score for the party, I had an error (attached). Cancelling did not work so I had to hit delete, and the party start all over like tngrspacecadet. I deleted the party controller using the FFS debugger and no shuttle...
I am not awesome at all, but I think the problem may be pets as it was the first family with pets where I tried a honeymoon (the working one before were in families without critters).

[attachment deleted by admin]
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #364 on: 2007 September 30, 13:09:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you leave anyone behind to look after pets/younger sims or did you hire the nanny?

pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: 2007 September 30, 13:16:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The parents of the groom (one elder and one adult) and the sisters of the groom (2 teens) would have stayed at home with the 2 dogs (former stray wolves). I cancelled the non-working honeymoon and had the bride book a vacation "for now", and it worked without problem.
ApatiaMax
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: 2007 September 30, 13:16:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

about BV things that i didn't like it .. there are the way to order the photo.
my ultra-poor sims can't order photos 'casue the haven't a pc Tongue
i wonder why maxis didn't mede "order photos" via phone too  Undecided
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #367 on: 2007 September 30, 13:29:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ordering photos via the phone wouldn't make sense.  How do they get the images to the printer?   Though they could have photo printing services in the shops, that they could visit.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: 2007 September 30, 13:50:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ordering photos via the phone wouldn't make sense.  How do they get the images to the printer?   Though they could have photo printing services in the shops, that they could visit.

What printer?  When you order photos, a delivery person shows up an hour later with them and leaves the book at your door.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ApatiaMax
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: 2007 September 30, 14:06:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well they could made a photo shop or a community shop to print photo Tongue
btw i didn't like to have a computer in home 'cause the "play-maniac sims"will play with pc all the time  Roll Eyes
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: 2007 September 30, 14:39:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What printer?  When you order photos, a delivery person shows up an hour later with them and leaves the book at your door.

Does the game generate yet another NPC for that?

Inteen for AL, yay!
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: 2007 September 30, 14:43:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the game generate yet another NPC for that?

IIRC, it's the usual grocery delivery person.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

ApatiaMax
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: 2007 September 30, 15:30:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yep it's the usual delivery man/woman

about dissatisfaction, i think also that the changing cloth (in / out cloth) shouldn't be autonomous, many time you go out just for few secs. (paying taxes or taking the paper, and this thing that they change cloth, every minutes they go out or going back in home, is very annoying

ummm... but it's about seasons, sorry for th OffTopic XD
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: 2007 September 30, 15:37:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't seen a no auto change clothes hack, but there are several hacks that suppress the spin animation, e.g. Dizzy's version in the Peasantry or Monique's at MTS2. I have the latter and it works fine.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: 2007 September 30, 15:58:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't know -- I haven't checked if it uses a new NPC, or just uses one of the grocery delivery folks to deliver the pictures.  The delivery person has a different truck, though.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: