More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 21:49:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Flying pig
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Flying pig  (Read 25087 times)
ecaguimbal
Asinine Airhead

Open for Business

View Profile
Flying pig
« on: 2006 March 29, 03:35:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is that creepy flying pig beside my water tower? Where did it came from? Is that a neighborhood decoration? Why is it there? Do you already saw this thing? It looks like a pink pig flying with baloons inside.

I will complete the seven expansions.
Myth
Pinheaded Pissant

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

View Profile
Re: Flying pig
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 29, 03:45:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like a BIG sheep in my game.  Roll Eyes

Rohina: Motion to Expel Myth from the Senate. Just testing an hypothesis. Nothing to do with the fact that she smells like ass.
Flowerchile: Have you be'd norty again Mythie?
Mythchick: No, I just followed Rohina around a little and now smell like ass.
trancejeremy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 29, 04:33:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's drawn by the water tower.  Anyway, it's almost certainly a Pink Floyd reference. They used to have a big inflatable pig as a prop, and while shooting the cover for an album (where they started using the pig actually), it got loose and flew all over the UK.
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 29, 05:16:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh so pigs can fly LOL

Axe murdered since 2006
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 29, 10:37:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a reason why it appears, Maxis have said that.  As far as I know, so far no one has worked out why.  Maxis actually said during the last official chat that they were waiting for the first person to work it out.  Maybe there's a prize ...

There's discussion of it in this thread: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=3633.msg105119#msg105119.

One thing I have noticed is that I have one or two flying pigs on my OFB neighbourhood loading screen (it varies), but none on the main neighbourhood.  I've yet to check my orginal Pleasantview to see if there are any there, but as there is no business neighbourhood attached to it, somehow I doubt there will be. 
« Last Edit: 2006 March 29, 17:38:05 by Ancient Sim » Logged

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 29, 21:17:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have pigs downtown as well...  not a clue what has caused that to happen!
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 29, 22:00:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I saw a flying pig I hoped it wasn't a metaphor for the game performance.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
toriamos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 29, 22:04:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read (and you know the old saying ) so take it for what it's worth.  On a Maxis chat someone asked when a pets ep was coming out.  Maxis replied "When pigs fly".  I read the thing about Pink Floyd with the flying pig landing in a farmer's field and the name of the album was Animals.  So if you put together It could mean the next ep is a farming one with animals which every farm needs cats and dogs.  Just my opinion hey I could be wrong.
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 29, 22:14:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was just about to say it probably contained a clue for the next ep. You beat me to it!

Axe murdered since 2006
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 29, 22:58:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read (and you know the old saying ) so take it for what it's worth.  On a Maxis chat someone asked when a pets ep was coming out.  Maxis replied "When pigs fly".  I read the thing about Pink Floyd with the flying pig landing in a farmer's field and the name of the album was Animals.  So if you put together It could mean the next ep is a farming one with animals which every farm needs cats and dogs.  Just my opinion hey I could be wrong.

I reckon you should be claiming that there prize. Wink

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 29, 23:00:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Toriamos what you said makes sense but I sure hope you are wrong.  Like many others, I don't want a pet ep.  They will have to throw in something really interesting in it besides pets for me to buy it.
toriamos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 29, 23:20:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey we are taking about Maxis here, I could be way off, this might just be a little to deep for them. Grin
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 29, 23:22:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*jump up and down, stomps feet and demands a "down on the farm ep"*

Axe murdered since 2006
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 29, 23:34:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I must admit after seeing simmiecal's working farm lot, I'm really keen on the idea.

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 30, 03:00:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read (and you know the old saying ) so take it for what it's worth.  On a Maxis chat someone asked when a pets ep was coming out.  Maxis replied "When pigs fly".  I read the thing about Pink Floyd with the flying pig landing in a farmer's field and the name of the album was Animals.  So if you put together It could mean the next ep is a farming one with animals which every farm needs cats and dogs.  Just my opinion hey I could be wrong.

I have to say that this makes sense and I think you may well be right.  Although I do like the sound of the farming angle (I enjoyed being able to buy and sell produce with Unleashed and I also use the objects simmiecal uses - pity they pay so little), I am not at all keen on the idea of pets and never have been.  I get very bored training toddlers (I cheat most of the time) and the thought of having to do the same with cats & dogs is NOT appealing.  It would also presumably reduce the number of Sims in the family even more (bad enough that Servo does it) and as the mod I had to allow more than 8 members isn't working since OFB, this would be a VERY BAD THING in my book.  Even more of a VERY BAD THING would be (presumably) all the extra character files - I am assuming that if a robot has a character file, a pet will also have one. 

Personally, if they must reproduce the old TS1 EP's (which they seem to be doing with alternate EP's, so we're due for one next time), I'd much rather it was Makin' Magic.  I really miss that and it's time we could create potions and cast spells again.  Who doesn't want to turn Goopy into a frog???  (Actually, that could work great in the game - lots of frogs hopping around that can only become human again if kissed by a princess ...).

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 30, 03:19:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All the signs point to a pets expansion, the constant begging, the confirmation of it coming eventually, "when pigs fly", the alternation of new/old ideas for the expansion.  Chances are, they'll throw farming with it and have it be almost a remake of Unleashed without the benefit that most of us used it for, the addition of 30 lots.  Sure, we'll probably get an "Old Towne" region or something but it just won't have the effect on expansion like Unleashed or even Nightlife had.

If you didn't already know, I hate the idea for a pets expansion.  I mean, they'll just mess it up again like they did with Unleashed by unleashing a bunch of strays on the neighborhood and make them family members.  They'll need to put some general features in there or else I'm not buying.  However, I'm guessing the special creature will be a werewolf if there is one.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 30, 03:34:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Werewolves I would go for, yes, although wouldn't that mean they would have to introduce moons and moon phases?  Does that suggest they might have finally cracked the problem with weather, because I can't see how they could have moon stuff without weather, it wouldn't seem right somehow. 

I still say they need a health expansion (incorporating, of course, the MIDDLE-AGE LIFESPAN) and even more so now we have OFB.  Sims could go to the chemist to buy medications and stuff like that - they could even introduce new careers with it, such as dentist, pharmacist and so on.  This would certainly be better than pets in my book, but I suppose we have to accept that we're going to get pets because of all the sheep who want them. 

toriamos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 30, 03:43:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had unleashed and like it the strays didn't really upset me, but me being a pet(s) owner it's no big deal.  I rather take in a stray pet in the sims 2 than one of those awful townies.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 March 30, 04:15:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Werewolves I would go for, yes, although wouldn't that mean they would have to introduce moons and moon phases?
Already, on some nights there are two moons in the sim sky. I don't know if it's random or what.

I don't really care about weather. I like it sunny all the time, good for the serotonin levels. I even dislike it when night-time comes for the sims. The extent of my hatred for darkness runs that deep.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 March 30, 04:41:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would also presumably reduce the number of Sims in the family even more (bad enough that Servo does it) and as the mod I had to allow more than 8 members isn't working since OFB, this would be a VERY BAD THING in my book.

Hmm, I had the vamp household with 11 members but don't think I've tried to make more sim babies since OFB. Dammit, I like that hack.

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 March 30, 07:06:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A farm ep would be more than welcome but not an ep centered on cats and dogs...  Roll Eyes
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 March 30, 09:20:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... and as the mod I had to allow more than 8 members isn't working since OFB...

Which one are you using, and do you have the most recent version? The one I'm using works just fine.

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2006 March 30, 11:55:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I took out the one I had when it was listed as no longer compatible - unfortunately, I can't remember who made it or where I got it from (MTS2 I think, but not sure).  If anyone knows, perhaps they could point me in the right direction?!

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 March 30, 13:14:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I took out the one I had when it was listed as no longer compatible - unfortunately, I can't remember who made it or where I got it from (MTS2 I think, but not sure).  If anyone knows, perhaps they could point me in the right direction?!

I've been using this one in OFB without problems
http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=101362&highlight=Doc+Doofus
gypsylady
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 March 30, 13:52:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been useing the same one sleepycat uses and have no problems with it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: