More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 15, 15:54:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Castaway Stories Tombstone Glitch, Assistance Needed & Appreciated.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Castaway Stories Tombstone Glitch, Assistance Needed & Appreciated.  (Read 5468 times)
YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
Castaway Stories Tombstone Glitch, Assistance Needed & Appreciated.
« on: 2008 May 06, 23:10:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I am concerned, EAxis made The Sims Stories Site very cheap. That place is a mad house. There are so many people that have glitches, and there's no patch in the making? Wonderful. Just dandy.

I seriously debated about plopping my question on TS2.com, but to hell with that. I'll just get directed to the deplorable and revolting, Sims Stories site. I'd rather clean a thousand litter boxes. (Which is something coming from a gal with eight cats.) At least here, I know that I have a high chance of receiving an answer that consists of intelligence.

My question does have to do with a glitch on Castaways. Here I go. Please note that I apologize if I have placed this in the wrong forum.

My first Castaway Sim is ready to die by Old Age. She's in Platinum Aspiration, and ready meet the Grim. So much for that. I am so glad that I saved my game before she died! The first time, I had her die in the house. Guess what appeared? The regular platinum Urn from TS2, complete with her aspiration moniker. Well, this wasn't going to go with the rest of her numerous husbands' Castaway Urns/Stones. (She was a black widow Castaway Sim.)Anywho, I went to Neighborhood, and then I came back. But this time, I positioned her outside to die. She died, but this time there was no tomb marker or anything! Curses on this glitch, or lack of EAxis attention. Probably both.  Roll Eyes

Was it a mistake to let her die in platinum mode? Any suggestions? Does anyone know of any Castaway fixes for this glitch?  Huh

Thank you in advance, I'll check back later.
~YoungOldPrude~

Update: I let her die inside and outside in Gold Aspiration, and she received the proper Castaway urn/stone each time. EAxis must think that it's hard to get an Elder into Platinum mode... Undecided

If any one feels up to the hard task of replying, would you be kind enough to let me know if you are aware of a fix? Or is the modding community taking a page of EAxis's book? I mean to say...This has been read 43 times and no one bothers to reply? Oy. This is nearly as bad as the BBS.  Shocked I never thought that I'd say that. Kind of creepy if you think about it.

Thanks for reading...

« Last Edit: 2008 May 07, 04:07:42 by YoungOldPrude » Logged

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life—music and cats." ~Albert Schweitzer

"Happy people can be so cruel."
~ Claudia of Silent Hill 3.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
Re: Castaway Stories Tombstone Glitch, Assistance Needed & Appreciated.
« Reply #1 on: 2008 May 07, 05:01:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not aware of a fix. Happy?

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 May 07, 07:58:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jeez-if people knew of a fix then they would tell you.

No-one frikkin' knows....ok?

GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 May 07, 08:02:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know of only 1 modder who is doing anything to fix problems/help CastawaysStoriesPC.  And that's Carrigon at Sims2Workshop.  I don't see anything pertaining to that particular bug tho (and i've had it happen to me also, having the urn/tombstone disappear completely was the pits).  You can always try throwing in hacks pertaining to tombstones and see if any will work (even if they aren't specific for CS).  Pescado has a few fixes for tombstones for Sims2 that might help in CS.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 May 07, 08:04:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See-look. A little more patience and GayJohnScarritt posted to help you. Roll Eyes

YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 May 07, 20:56:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I apologize for my abruptness; it's not very often that I snap. When I'm low on reading material, I tend to be on a short leash. Since I stopped at the book store today, my self-control has been pretty much restored. Once again, I am sorry. I am very grateful for the replies, though. I regret that I acted so brusque.
So, thank you all for putting up with me, and helping me at the same time. And thanks for the link!

~YoungOldPrude~

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life—music and cats." ~Albert Schweitzer

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 May 08, 00:50:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think a key issue is that CS is not "the Real Game".  Therefore it is not supported here.  Play the REAL game.  Any CS stuff worth having has already been ripped for TS2.

Tribulatio proxima est
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 May 08, 13:28:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Castaways is not meant to be played much past the story mode. This is evident in the numerous incomplete things and the fact that it impossible to actually add any lots to live on.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 May 09, 04:43:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know that you're right; it was an unexpected gift though, with no receipt, so I thought that I'd go ahead and install. Strangely enough, I kind of enjoy not being able to cheat. Maybe Castaway's sole purpose is for BoolProp recovery?

Reading this inspired me to finally clean out my downloads folder. My "Real Game" loads up in two minutes now. It used to be twenty.
Well, at least one thing is fixed. Thanks for the replies! Smiley

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 May 09, 07:05:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I kind of hate that the sims are so stupid and you have to keep clicking everything. The research station, currently housing 6 sims, has a toilet and shower block. I push the y for hygiene and the b? for bladder and the ignoramuses all go and stand around one particular toilet. I tried BUY and it didn't help. I forgot just how much micromanagement was saved by macrotastics. I can stand about 30 minutes of Castaways at a time.

Once I get my big PC back up and going, I will continue to work on my version of Castaways for the sims 2 game.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: