More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 05, 14:56:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540273 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Threee Lakes Hotel ate my sims?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Threee Lakes Hotel ate my sims?  (Read 23544 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Threee Lakes Hotel ate my sims?
« Reply #25 on: 2008 September 14, 01:24:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't address it to you so that it was left open for anyone to answer, including you. I will shut up now, as I don't really want to get into this. I know I'm non-awesome. I love hacks, and like I said before, I have BFBVFS-ed my game about 4 times.

Don't panic, it was just a simple question. I was curious to know why you would want to ask anyone else about the way I felt about something. It seemed really odd.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
empires
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 September 14, 06:05:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, it seems that I have the worst borked Hotel related problem anyones reported as no one knows what to do.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 September 14, 08:32:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think the magic wand covers this particular case, but I will look into it. Never had this actually happen post-OFB, though.

empies, if JM says he's looking into it, then you are sure to get some kind of accurate answer. Patience.

empires
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 September 15, 00:14:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having patience because I don't even really like the family it's just a family a friend of mine likes to play. I've never even played the family with out the friend at my house, but  now my phones stopped working when I haven't added or deleted anything sense the last time I played and sent the family to the Sim eating hotel.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 September 15, 13:54:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Incidentally, deleting a vacation hood will most likely make dbhash out of your neighborhood save. While it may not produce any outright errors, your internal files are going to look like someone like your intestines after you eat a grenade. Suffice it to say that grenade-eating is best left to professional grenade-eaters.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 September 15, 22:39:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought you said somewhere that deleting subhoods doesn't delete sims so is safe to do (maybe in reference to deleting extra Uni hoods)? Not that it would do any good as you'd still have all those extra uni characters, but still not bad? But I'm pretty sure that was pre-BV. Did BV change something or am I misremembering?

Unsouper
Milhouse Trixibelle Saltfucker III
Saltfucking Weasel
Terrible Twerp

How is a weasel like a writing desk?

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 September 15, 23:15:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I recall, that's true of deleting UNI subhoods if and only if you have another UNI subhood around for the dormies to be shuffled into by the game, or something to that effect. It might be true of BV subhoods and others as well, but definitely only if you have another one. More than likely, though, it's not possible at all.

04:49 <@Pescado> That seems somehow unnecessarily cruel.

21:17 < Kewian> Trixie one day you are going to pay for your crimes.

Your source for blood and circuses.
Charlee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 September 16, 17:34:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this same problem with one of my own custom-created vacation neighborhoods.  It swallowed my very favorite Sim and I couldn't get her back.  Being a noob and an Asinine Airhead, I didn't know any better than to follow the same advice from the BBS.  I deleted my whole vacation 'hood, and lost HOURS of work I had spent setting it up.  But my Sim did appear back at her home lot in the base neighborhood, so I thought it was fixed.

However, when I tried it again I could suddenly enter the lot just fine, but the BV locals started duplicating themselves every day, even though I had installed the BV patch AND the Anti-redundancy Hack.  Then at the end of the vacation, the shuttle didn't show up to take the Sim home.  I waited a full three Sim days past the end of the vacation, no shuttle.  I finally discovered I could have the Sim call for the shuttle, so I tried that.  And it still didn't come.  I ended up deleting the vacation neighborhood again, just to get my Sim home.

And then, of course, my neighborhood was flooded with duplicate character files.

The ONLY way I finally solved the whole mess was to uninstall and re-install, then install the patch and Anti-redundancy Hack again.  Now it seems to be fixed.  But that's a pretty drastic step.  I hope, for your sake, there's another way.   Smiley

It\'s all fun & games until the cops show up
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 September 17, 12:05:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As almost everybody here is in panic, I decided to test the event myself, choosing quite large neighbourhood (Pleasantview).

My conclusion is, that the "devil is not so scary", and it's not a big  grenade - may be a small adding on the "weight".

Phase 1:

The test was done with the Caliente sisters. Nina bought a vacation house in the Three Lakes, and booked a vacation. The cab came normally.

They went to a com lot, and met several people.

After taking a tour, they came back home, and dig for treasures.

At this moment, I saved the game, exited, and decided to delete the hood.

Before deleting the hood, I counted the number of the characters showing in SimPe - 201 characters.

Deleted the vacation hood, and tried to enter Caliente's house. Could enter without any problem. The vacation cab came normally, and they returned home.

Phase 2:

Openned a new vacation hood.

Nina didn't have anymore the ownship on the house. Orderred again to buy a vacation lot, after pasting the packaged previous decorated lot. Orderred to book vacation, the carpool arrived as usual.

Again send them to com lot. New characters appeared.

But known locals, whom the calientes greeted and taked to, from the previous hood, remained and appeared again.

End of Phase 2 - playing chess (I decided to delete again the vacation hood).

Checked SimPe: instead of 201 characters - appeared 221. 20 characters was added, but all their aquaintances appeared.

Phase 3 - deleting vacation hood again

The carpool brought the sims back, no problems.

SimPe - instead of 221 characters - 259 (another 38 characters added).

On two deletions of the vacation hood, were added 58 characters, most of them with user numbers over 180.

The game worked without any problems. After Phase 3, no more characters were added (I use antiredundancy), and stayed on the same number (259).

To save my sims, if I don't have any better solution, it's worth to "pay" 58 characters.

No bugs or errors were encountered in the game, I could enter the old house without using the magic wand (I downloaded it just in case), and the sims kept their new friends met in the vacation.

Now I am ready to be crucified again.

Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008 September 17, 12:32:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gali, you're forgetting one MAJOR aspect of the test - you didn't do it under the same conditions, with stuck sims like this person had. stuck sims implies there is a bigger underlying issue. so yeah, doing it that way MAY have worked for you, but it's the equivalent of me claiming that I can cure cancer by trimming my fingernails because I don't have any cancer my body right now.

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." - Dean Martin
<Pescado>   Because hey, sometimes you have fun, and sometimes fun has you.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 September 17, 14:08:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have another solution, in which you don't change the number of the vacation locals, and it's done without any hack. I sent it to Pescado, but didn't get any respond.

1) Enter a lot of the sim's  best friend.

2) Invite one sim which is on vacation, increase relations until you can propose move in, and move him to the friend's lot.

3) Tell him to find own place - he will move to the family bin.

4) Do it for each sim (there is not an option to move more than one), until all the sims are in the family bin.

5) Build a new house (the previous may be corrupted), and move one of the sims there (husband or wife). Add to him the mate from the family bin.
Sell vacation house and buldoze it, or buldoze the hotel/the com lot. If you can't buldoze the hotel, see paragraph 6. Buldoze the previous house.

6) Open a new hood, add the 3 vacation hoods, package the original buldozed hotel/house to a file.

7) Enter Packaged lots, change the name of the hotel, and install the hotel/house to replace the buldozed hotel/house.

8. Enter the vacation hood, and paste the hotel

Problem solved.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 September 17, 21:22:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gali, you're forgetting one MAJOR aspect of the test - you didn't do it under the same conditions, with stuck sims like this person had. stuck sims implies there is a bigger underlying issue. so yeah, doing it that way MAY have worked for you, but it's the equivalent of me claiming that I can cure cancer by trimming my fingernails because I don't have any cancer my body right now.
She never does it under the same conditions. See her thread about sim color preference.

The point is, the problem is easily solved with a 100% safe and incredibly useful hack. Going through any of Gali's methodologies takes time and effort and is absolutely unnecessary. The first methodology, which she attempted to prove was safe (and failed), resulted in approximately 58 character files more than in the beginning in a relatively short time of play. 58 files of fluff instead of zero errant bits. That is not acceptable.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
empires
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2008 September 18, 00:04:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I may try goign to my self sism lot and see if it forces his wife home because if it does theres a chance that the host family (the Vlades) might be foreced home also.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2008 September 18, 05:39:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Incidentally, deleting a vacation hood will most likely make dbhash out of your neighborhood save. While it may not produce any outright errors, your internal files are going to look like someone like your intestines after you eat a grenade. Suffice it to say that grenade-eating is best left to professional grenade-eaters.

Gali, for the last time, ANY of your kludgy methods are going to result in hidden (and not so hidden) damage.

What part of that do you not understand?

Gah!

Empires, you've been told what to do in this thread. Reading comprehension FTW.

Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2008 September 18, 06:06:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*coughs* uh, come again? ooookay, methinks Gali is a phaenoh-type that invests a weeee bit much in their sims....

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." - Dean Martin
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2008 September 18, 09:09:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"What part of that do you not understand?" [Witch]

1. The watermelon on your head.

2. The continuous try to portray me like this:

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2008 September 18, 09:36:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gali, I don't have to do anything, you do it all by yourself.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2008 September 18, 11:01:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try the new magic wand, perhaps it will work for your situation. It should force a family remember to respawn by the mailbox.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2008 September 18, 11:32:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gali, I don't have to do anything, you do it all by yourself.

Really?

Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2008 September 18, 12:46:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gali, lolcats are a lot like the Kenny Rogers song: you've gotta know when to hold em, know when to fold em. Simply put? lolcats lose their effectiveness (and their amusement qualities) if you use them constantly in every post as a meatshield.

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2008 September 18, 14:48:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gali, lolcats are a lot like the Kenny Rogers song: you've gotta know when to hold em, know when to fold em. Simply put? lolcats lose their effectiveness (and their amusement qualities) if you use them constantly in every post as a meatshield.

Who told you that I put the last lolcat just to use an lolcat?

I just announced my dearest Witch, that I am going to commit a suiside - may be it will please her, and she will calm down...Cheesy

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2008 September 18, 22:02:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gali, you are the only one panicking in this thread, except possibly empires. You hate to be told you're wrong and keep persisting in trying to convince people to do stupid things with their games. You've plastered irrelevant pictures, like the one of the bloody Caliente sisters digging holes for some unknown reason, all over this thread. This is empires thread for her/his problem and you are being very selfish and rude. You have made it all about you. Again.

empires
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2008 September 20, 06:33:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try the new magic wand, perhaps it will work for your situation. It should force a family remember to respawn by the mailbox.
I think the version I found was out dated though as the collection file never appeared in colections so I could not get the wand.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2008 September 20, 07:20:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh dear god! I'm starting to feel a moral responsibility here.

Here empires, click here. It's called magicwand.zip

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: