More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 17:47:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  I DARE YOU - SUPER HACK CHALLENGE
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I DARE YOU - SUPER HACK CHALLENGE  (Read 5493 times)
klmfrigate
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
I DARE YOU - SUPER HACK CHALLENGE
« on: 2007 September 20, 11:24:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because I'm too dumb to do it myself.

I'm in the process of getting new computer so I'm updating my hacks/mods/pretty much everything.  What I've come accross are so many nice skintones (from one creator in particular).  The catch, only four can be used as the base colors, which mean that there is really not much variety because of the custom content rules where if passed to the next generation it will always be used.  I know that none of them may be possible.  My challenge:

1) To change the number of skins from 4 to 10.  For Example if your sim has a kid and passed on s1 and the other parent passed on s10 then there would be an equal chance of any one of the skins being on the kid.  There would have to be a tutorial on how to connect skins with a level.

2) Okay now to make it even harder.  Weighted skin possiblities-ready for some algebra? If a baby girl is born and the mother was s7 and the father was s4 then the possibilites of s7 would be 40%, s6 30%, s5 20% and s4 10%.  based 100 %.   s4 would = 4x, s3 = 3x, etc.  making the equation 4x+3x+2x+x=100.  x=10.   Boys would have the father as the base skin and the mother would be the supporter.

3) There used to be a hack with multiple pollination techs.  Anyone know if it still works.

I will be studying how to change defaults also so I can have the skins I want and not necessarily what is there.

How would everyone like this if it was possible.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
Re: I DARE YOU - SUPER HACK CHALLENGE
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 20, 12:27:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Too early in the morning for me to deal with the math in your second item, but if you follow the instructions here:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,2966.msg86099.html#msg86099

you can make custom skins behave genetically like Maxis skins, exactly as you suggest in item 1.  I don't believe gender has any bearing on it though.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 20, 16:12:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

3) There used to be a hack with multiple pollination techs.  Anyone know if it still works.
I'm using one from MTS2 (the one with four PTs). It still works. Just don't be an idiot and forget to put all the package files in your downloads folder. It's shocking how many forget to add the actual PT files and then freak out when alien abductions result in nothing.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
FlareStorm
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 20, 18:06:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,7230.0.html

dewshine did something like this with Enayla's skins by changing the genetic values to <1.  Not your exact algebra, but its a start.
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 21, 04:27:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mhmm, follow the tutorial by dewshine. All of my skins are geneticized(so not a word...) now. It's really nice to not have to deal with just the basic four recolors.

Quinctia
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 21, 05:26:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, to be a pedantic biologist, if skins were really sex-linked genetically, the male's information would come solely from the mother while the female's information would be a 50/50 combo from the parents.  Because if something is sex-linked, it's on the X-chromosome.  The midtones between the two parents would probably be more likely anyway, probability wise, than the others as skintone is on a spectrum and a kid receives multiple genes from the parents.  So I don't know where on earth you're pulling the math.

Geneticized skins are awesome.  I wish hair and eyes worked on a spectrum, too, as all these things are multi-gene traits and not as simple as Maxian genetics have them.

But yeah, as long as you're like me and have a buttload of geneticized skins, you'll actually get the effects of the kids' getting skintones in between the parents' most often.  Because I actually have lots of choices that are in between.
klmfrigate
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 21, 06:17:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks all.  I was looking at the links above and sorry-not enough time to read all posts.  Is there a tutorial on how to change the degree of resessiveness that you want on skin and eyes.  Example, I want aliens on the low end of the spectrum instead of the high and certain eyes to be very resessive.  Also, if I could get a quick little note on making skins the default skins (and since hair is genetic too, on how to bin colors with the correct color.  Just send me to the tutorial links. DIAL UP SUCKS?

Thank you
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 21, 06:26:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can find all sorts of info on making skins genetic and binning hair on MTS2.  I've even managed, in my thorough unawesomeness, to bin hair and make genetic skins following them.
klmfrigate
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 September 21, 07:06:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you all so much.  next step library 'cuz I can't seem to download more than 1.5 mb worth of enayla skins anywhere.  hopefully I can download at the library.
broo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 September 21, 08:04:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks all.  I was looking at the links above and sorry-not enough time to read all posts.  Is there a tutorial on how to change the degree of resessiveness that you want on skin and eyes.  Example, I want aliens on the low end of the spectrum instead of the high and certain eyes to be very resessive.  Also, if I could get a quick little note on making skins the default skins (and since hair is genetic too, on how to bin colors with the correct color.  Just send me to the tutorial links. DIAL UP SUCKS?

Thank you

For the eyes and hair, I found a file in one of Sleepycat's messages (on this forum) where you can change resessiveness of the default hair and eyes. Just search for it. Works amazingly Wink For custom eyes you have to edit "genetic" value in SimPE. 1 is dominant, 2 is recessive, 3 and 4 for are hightly recessive.. Sorry, I might be wrong with terms but everything else is right so I hope you'll understand me.
 For hair binning I'd recomend you Theo's hair binning plugin for SimPE. Works just great and saves you loads of time.
And for making defaults I can only point you to MTS2 tutorial section as I used it (method with already made templates, but it makes your skin files huge, so you might want use another method..).
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 September 21, 15:38:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're just making the replacements for yourself, you can always download someone else's and replace the textures in SimPE. Easier than going through the object packages.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Arina
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 September 21, 23:50:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it just me, or does replacing textures in SimPE completely destroy the quality? I noticed it on clothes I wanted to remove the jewellery on, and it probably happened to my two emergency custom furniture recolours, but they were wood-textured and fairly stretched anyway. I've never tried it on skins, because recolouring skins is sooo much work even when I don't have to do it twice Sad
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2007 September 22, 00:18:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it just me, or does replacing textures in SimPE completely destroy the quality? I noticed it on clothes I wanted to remove the jewellery on, and it probably happened to my two emergency custom furniture recolours, but they were wood-textured and fairly stretched anyway. I've never tried it on skins, because recolouring skins is sooo much work even when I don't have to do it twice Sad

You need to download and install the NVidia DDS utilities, point SimPE at their directory in the settings, then right-click the image and choose Build DXT instead of Import when you import the textures (DXT5format is the highest image quality, I believe.)

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 September 22, 00:52:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mhmm, follow the tutorial by dewshine. All of my skins are geneticized(so not a word...) now. It's really nice to not have to deal with just the basic four recolors.

Hey - that's my word - don't you go dissing my word  Grin - but, really, can you think of a better one? English is a dynamic language  Tongue

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: