More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 12, 18:08:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Something Awesome causing Enthusiasm Tracker to error?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Something Awesome causing Enthusiasm Tracker to error?  (Read 6115 times)
wingsandgills
Asinine Airhead

INTJ

View Profile
Something Awesome causing Enthusiasm Tracker to error?
« on: 2008 March 25, 06:23:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello, I hope I'm putting this in the right place and doing all the right things... 

I accidentally left my game in debug mode and noticed that when my sims (Cassandra and Don Lothario) try to study from the bookshelf they would get errors.  So I looked at the logs that popped up and it was related to the Enthusiasm Tracker, with the message, "Illegal owner field in data reference." 

I removed everything but Awesome stuff, and then I even culled my Awesome stuff.  Then I thought that someone reading the log might be able to see just from that what object is causing the conflict, so I stopped trying to cull.  However, if necessary, I will go through and figure out which one is the problem.  Removing all mods whatsoever stops the error from happening.

Edit: I have narrowed it down to interestlosshack.package.  Without that item in my game, I don't get the error. 

I have Base Game + Uni, NL, FFS, GLS, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, and FT.  This is a very fresh install that is fully patched up, because I just started playing on my laptop. 

The error occurs on a lot with Cassandra, Don, and their servo, Jeeves.  I haven't tried making it happen on another lot, but I can if someone wants me to.

I've included the log for the most recent error.  Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: 2008 March 25, 07:10:24 by Akisej » Logged
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Something Awesome causing Enthusiasm Tracker to error?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 March 25, 07:21:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you ever install the hacked bookcase from MTS2 that lets you study everything except Body?

Where did "Bookcase - Studious" come from?
wingsandgills
Asinine Airhead

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 25, 07:34:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you ever install the hacked bookcase from MTS2 that lets you study everything except Body?

Where did "Bookcase - Studious" come from?

I have never installed a hack like that.  To be safe, I went through with the Clean Installer and checked my furniture folders.  I don't see any kind of bookshelf, to be honest.

Could that be the Education Career Reward showing up?  There isn't one on that lot.  I'm sorry, but I know so little about what goes on behind the curtains in my game.  I do know that I never downloaded that hack, though.  ^_^;

Edit:  I think that might just be the name for the bookshelf I have on this lot.  In-game it's called "Bookworm's Delight".  I think it came with FreeTime but I'm not sure.
« Last Edit: 2008 March 25, 07:41:18 by Akisej » Logged
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 March 25, 08:37:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bookworm's Delight came with freetime-I noticed last night as I was building a library that it is exactly the same as the Dahlen's Bookcases-apart from having a couple of shelves looking slightly different. I was wondering whether there was something special about this bookcase-but as you can study parenting and put novels in any other Maxis bookcase...I suspect it is just a recoloured version of the Dahlen bookcases. They would've been better off just adding a different coloured shelf option to the Dahlen ones rather than adding a whole new virtually identical object. Roll Eyes

talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 March 25, 16:07:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AH, OK, since I haven't gotten to that expansion yet, all I knew was (a) I don't have that bookshelf, (b) the other person here reporting the same error has the same thing listed in the error logs, (c) a Google search turned up another error log from someone with Freetime and one of the hacked bookshelves. Not conclusive, because the third error log didn't have Bookcase - Studious, but since there's a whole group of download furniture labeled "Studious" on MTS2, I was wondering.

But since you're smart and actually did a binary search, we now know what's causing the error in the "My Sims Can't Cook" thread, too. Good job!
wingsandgills
Asinine Airhead

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 March 25, 17:11:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice!  Cheesy  And since I narrowed it down to that one item, my problem is pretty much "solved" in that I can avoid getting the error, though I'd like to have that hack back in my game at some point.  Thanks for your help.  Smiley
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 March 25, 17:12:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait! We're not done!

Did you download that item before FT came out, or after? IT's an old hack, but Pescado lists an updated version for Freetime. Which one are you using?
wingsandgills
Asinine Airhead

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 March 26, 06:58:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After, and I downloaded the FT-ready version.  I got to it by going to the hack directory thread in The Armory and clicking on the link to Official Stuff - Free Time.  I installed all the games on this machine at once and then downloaded all the hacks.  I put all the items that I currently have into my game before I touched a single family.  I wanted to give myself the best chance at a non-exploding Pleasantview that I could without emptying it.  However, for new 'hoods that I make, I plan on using the empty templates.  I digress, though...

After.  Smiley

Edit:
Just to confirm that this was truly the problem, I just tested with no other mods or CC but the interestlosshack.package in my game.  The error still occurs.  This is to rule out that it's a conflict at all. 

Right now I'm having a new error issue that results in my sims jumping out of school or work at 12:30.  It also appears to be an Awesome mod/hack.  If I need to, I'll post that issue here too, but if I can get the item out by my meticulous mod-culling, I'll keep it to myself.  Tongue

Incidentally, can you, Talysman, or can anyone else tell by looking at the log if my errors are occurring due to out-of-order installation?  I just realized that I forgot to install FFS and I think I installed GLS after installing all my EPs.  I hate stuff packs, and I wouldn't even use the ones I have if I hadn't paid for them.

Edit II:
I narrowed down this new error to harderjobs.package.  It also does not appear to be a conflict, as I tested the game with nothing but harderjobs.package in the Downloads folder.  I'll attach the log from that error here.  Then I'm going to bed. 

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: 2008 March 26, 08:09:15 by Akisej » Logged
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 March 26, 16:40:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think  the point talysman is making, is that the DC is updated almost daily and a FT hack downloaded right after the game's release may already be outdated.  Keep an eye on the all hacks thread because they will announce updates and give you links.  It is the best way to make sure you have the current version.
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 March 26, 17:43:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, (I think this is true) if you go here the hacks are listed in descending order by date modified.  Smiley

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
wingsandgills
Asinine Airhead

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 March 26, 23:51:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ohhh, duh.  Thanks for clarifying that for me. ^_^;;

Well, I have the most updated versions of interestlosshack.package and harderjobs.package.  They were last updated on Feb 27 and Feb 25 respectively.  I don't know if this means that they'll be updated again or what, but I haven't had the game (or hacks/mods) on my computer for more than a week so they're definitely the most updated versions. 

I will keep an eye on the update thread, of course, to see if these items get updated again.  Thanks!  And, of course, thanks for any other advice you happen to have. 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: