More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 04:18:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Securom and denying it permission from the registry, anyone know how?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Securom and denying it permission from the registry, anyone know how?  (Read 18809 times)
Lucrecia Borja
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Securom and denying it permission from the registry, anyone know how?
« Reply #25 on: 2007 October 17, 18:28:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok I didnt thinks so. Love the bunny that is too cute.
Lucrecia Borja
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 October 17, 18:49:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok thanks evey one Smiley  I am out of here. I will still go on a quest to see if I can disable securom. I will search under rocks and look in every corner for the answer of No you can never ever disable it  or Yes there is a way and here is how.  Love the bunny and the pancakes. Thank you all for your help. bye
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 October 17, 19:07:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok thanks evey one Smiley  I am out of here. I will still go on a quest to see if I can disable securom. I will search under rocks and look in every corner for the answer of No you can never ever disable it  or Yes there is a way and here is how.  Love the bunny and the pancakes. Thank you all for your help. bye
What the...for the last damn time, read the fucking sticky. Do you have the attention span of a hummingbird on coke?

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 October 17, 19:51:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What the...for the last damn time, read the fucking sticky. Do you have the attention span of a hummingbird on coke?

Well, ya know, some people simply do not take criticism well.  Others ignore it.  Others simply do not have the brains to understand that it is criticism, and hopefully they blissfully wander off and fall down a well somewhere (as will likely happen metaphorically to the OP if it continues on it's quest for altering registry permissions based on it's current level of knowledge). 

Considering it's unswerving path toward total system fuckup, I think it is more likely that there is only room for the one idea in the OP's brain and that any other suggestions or advice simply drop out of the queue without registering.

Tribulatio proxima est
tessieroo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 October 17, 20:08:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is what happens when the names MATY and Pescado are thrown around on the BBS.  Roll Eyes Those chillen' come here for help thinkin' anyone here gives a shit.   Cheesy

Poor chillen's.  Grin
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 October 17, 20:35:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could have sworn multiple of us indicated that you could not just disable it and you had to remove it?  Some people apparently can't read in context.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 October 17, 20:45:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but some people get their mind set on something, and nothing will change it until they get kicked in the face.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 October 17, 20:58:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Considering it's unswerving path toward total system fuckup, I think it is more likely that there is only room for the one idea in the OP's brain and that any other suggestions or advice simply drop out of the queue without registering.

Amazing how simlike some people are  Grin

Anyway, here I go again.  I have the patience of a saint. And too much time on my hands obviously.  You don't mess with the registry because it's not meant to be messed with. It's like the sticker that says " breaking seal will VOID WARRANTY".  They put that sticker on there for a reason.

You DON'T experiment with the registry.  Unless you are in the mood for a reformat.  There are no undo buttons there.  No friendly but annoying paper clip helpers with helpful hints.   Delving in the registry you are effectively playing with the guts of your OS.

Warning aside, your plan won't not work.    If I had thought it would, I would have said so.  You can't disable Securom by messing with your registry permission.  it simply doesn't work that way. The registry is simply a big database of settings.  It doesn't do anything on its own.  At the very best nothing will change.  If Securom requires to make modifications to the registry and is denied access, you'll get errors and the game will barf.   At the worst, if you mess up, your OS won't boot. Securom has been around for quite a while and many people, much more knowledgeable and smarter than you or me have bent their energy towards defeating this copy protection.  And they did it.  You really think that you, with your obviously limited knowledge, will outthink everyone, including the designers of Securom, and defeat the program buy twiddling with a couple of permissions?  Hmmm. 
Lucrecia Borja
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 October 17, 22:27:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks all again. Well maybe my plan wont work but i can testafy that all is seriously well with my computer. I do not need to re format anything at this time. I have the protection soft ware securom denied. Yes I am experimenting just to see what happens. So far nothing has happened.

Warning aside, your plan won't not work.    If I had thought it would, I would have said so.  You can't disable Securom by messing with your registry permission.  it simply doesn't work that way. The registry is simply a big database of settings.  It doesn't do anything on its own.  At the very best nothing will change.  If Securom requires to make modifications to the registry and is denied access, you'll get errors and the game will barf.   At the worst, if you mess up, your OS won't boot. Securom has been around for quite a while and many people, much more knowledgeable and smarter than you or me have bent their energy towards defeating this copy protection.  And they did it.  You really think that you, with your obviously limited knowledge, will outthink everyone, including the designers of Securom, and defeat the program buy twiddling with a couple of permissions?  Hmmm. 

That is a very good point. I do not think I will mess up my OS as all is fine. Btw I do have all the tools to do what the sticky at the top says. Have had them now for a while. I Just am not in the mood to use a cracked copy. Thanks to the creator of the copy, Who ever it was. Kados to you. NO Barfing of Game at all, plays great no problems actually it runs much better then it did before I did this.

As for all the insults and the barbs, oh yeah and the stick poking. It is like  water off of a ducks back.  The sticks have been broken and tossed in the fire for burning.

As for to much time on my hands not really. I have the patience of a Saint, but I can say I am not one. Read context yes I think I can. However there was so much Jabbing that it is hard to really understand what the posters were saying. I did get all of your drifts and I take all of that into consideration. I do thank you for what you really were tring to say.

My system has not kicked me in the face yet so I must know something. Yes I did come here for help. There is lots of room for ideas in this noggen.  I guess you all think that things are written in stone. Not in my book there are more answers out there to one problem then one can ever imagine. It dose not hurt to try something even if it fails, at least you tried. I am not one to bury my head in the sand because of anyone or anything. It has been my utmost pleasure typing to you all today. I am very grateful that you found my post interesting. As I found all of your answers. Thanks again and good luck to you all. Enjoy your life here on this site and hope you all learn something new the every day.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 October 17, 22:53:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh look, it's still lecturing us. I've probably forgotten more about computers that you ever knew. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, jerkwad.

(I wonder if this one is the 'friend' of the one we had here last week who totally screwed up the posters game, yet felt he knew so much more than the rest of us that we wouldn't understand his brilliance, so he didn't dare come here to share it with us.)

« Last Edit: 2007 October 17, 22:58:42 by jsalemi » Logged

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 October 17, 23:45:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought it said it was out of here?  Damn Liars.
lemonfresh
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 October 18, 00:46:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought it said it was out of here?  Damn Liars.

Must be some new mutation of the Exitus Dramaticus strategy.  Roll Eyes

Everyone knows milk goes in rubber gloves, not bags.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 October 18, 01:48:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh look, it's still lecturing us. I've probably forgotten more about computers that you ever knew. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, jerkwad.

(I wonder if this one is the 'friend' of the one we had here last week who totally screwed up the posters game, yet felt he knew so much more than the rest of us that we wouldn't understand his brilliance, so he didn't dare come here to share it with us.)

* veilchen likes Joe

I counted at least 4 times that she?he? said this was the last post on the matter.

It's not nice to lie to people.

This has been a very silly thread, and most of it came from the OP. I felt Twilight Zone(ish) all along. Sort of like being on the BBS, where people who state that they are VERY knowledgeable insist that hacks cause virii (or is that viruses, I'm never sure.)

Messing with the registry in such a way is asking for trouble. Only a very ignorant (in the not knowing sense) person would conclude that everything is "okie dokie" because nothing happened right off the bat.
* veilchen goes off to find old tapes of the Twilight Zone. She rather watches the real thing.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Quinctia
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2007 October 18, 01:59:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Viruses.  I think it's originally from a forth declension noun, so if we want to be pedantic Latin nerds, then the plural would be virus.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 October 18, 02:47:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Viral orgies.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 October 18, 02:56:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Viruses.  I think it's originally from a forth declension noun, so if we want to be pedantic Latin nerds, then the plural would be virus.

Thank you Quinctia. Viruses it is. I looked it up, and if Berkeley University finds 'viruses' to be it, then that's good enough for me. I get a tad confused (Latin is the only foreign language I was never very enthusiastic about in school Cheesy). Cacti and Cactus, Hippopotami and Hippopotamus, etc. But then you have datum and data (no, not THAT Data). Sigh....

@ Zazazu
Do tell. And I do mean, do tell.
A viral orgy? Now that is very intriguing. And thought provoking, to say the least.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 October 18, 02:58:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Viral Orgy reminds me either of a band name or a very wild party with HIV infected participants.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 October 18, 03:24:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You mean, the one with the friend who had the revolutionary new way to move occupied lots between hoods, which might have worked if you were a rocket scientist in SimPE, but was likely just a new way to get a BFBVFS?  That one?  He's still kicking around somewhere, I think.  This one is about as single minded certainly, but can't seem to manage quoting (or finding the FAQ).  We are plagued by n00bs who hang around just to tell us (over and over) that we don't know why our advice does not apply to them specifically.

It does not learn, therefore it will die.  Axiomatic, I believe.

@veilchen: I love latin.  It's so marvellously obscure.  Unfortunately, most of my latin comes from either singing sacred music in a choir (which I still do), and from Asterix, of course.

Tribulatio proxima est
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 October 18, 03:36:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I blame Microsoft. Using Windows too much can cause severe brain damage.

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 October 18, 03:58:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally, I find it ironic that the OP thinks she computer savvy enough to safely mess with the registry, when she can't even figure out how to use the quote button.  I find her posts confusing because she has copied and pasted other posters' remarks instead of quoting.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2007 October 18, 04:02:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Found the macro at last.

@jolrei: Hey, bud...psst...I stash pix like that at 4shared, and there's a link to my LOLstash there as well. Smiley

@Anyone: New freebies: music MP3s I got tired of mailing out each week to keep up with radio show listener beggzorz. Knock yourself out. Link in sig.

@Lucrezia (note correct spelling): this is our house, not yours. You don't get to make the rules. Pescado, the forum owner, makes the rules. Fit in by reading the goddamned FAQ.

Here's a helpful link to Posting 101 For N00bz: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,8788.msg242389.html#msg242389.

Be polite when you want favours or advice from total strangers on a forum and use correct spelling or fuck off to another site with lower standards. We have enough idjits here already.

@Kyna, re: quote abuse: Well noted! Ha!

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 October 18, 04:55:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally, I find it ironic that the OP thinks she computer savvy enough to safely mess with the registry, when she can't even figure out how to use the quote button.  I find her posts confusing because she has copied and pasted other posters' remarks instead of quoting.
Yeah, I was going to say that earlier, but I'd cleared my cache, cookies, and history in the meantime (fighting with photobucket to add my Epic Fail lolsim to my album, stupid photobucket login's broken for me) and went away. Then it was yell at imbecile, make apt sexual comment? Hmm.

Viral orgies =the effect you get when one virus provides an entry for another by disabling your firewall. They pile up on each other and it gets really, truly messy and colorful.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: