More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 16, 21:30:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Dates and uni
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Dates and uni  (Read 3635 times)
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
Dates and uni
« on: 2006 September 21, 07:05:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

just wondering does anyone else have this problem?
Whenever i ask a sim on a date at Uni, then go to ring a taxi the taxi will only pick up one person.  Theres no "who needs a ride? dialog box and it doesn't matter if i click "call Taxi" or "Transportation"

How can i fix this?
« Last Edit: 2006 September 21, 07:11:39 by tigerlilley » Logged

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Dates and uni
« Reply #1 on: 2006 September 21, 08:15:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is normal for dates, isn't it? I get a taxi option for the caller only if I propose a date on a community lot, from normal neighbourhoods and other subhoods as well. (Taxi for both on the date if they are both present before the taxi is called.)
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 September 21, 09:41:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hmm i guess i didn't explain it right.
Both sims currently on the date live in the same house.  But when the taxi comes, it will only pick up one...

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 September 21, 09:45:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't do that. Go to the community lot first, THEN call for a date. One taxi cannot come for two seperate calls, so you'll get one taxi first, and if the controller wasn't overridden and stomped somehow by the first taxi, the other one will come next.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 September 21, 09:52:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hmm, yet if your going on a outing with sims who all live in one house, the taxi will pick them all up.
Random.  Argh i guess the dates will now start on community lots rather than at home Sad

just out of interest what is the difference between "call taxi" and "transportation"?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 September 21, 09:53:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hmm, yet if your going on a outing with sims who all live in one house, the taxi will pick them all up.
Random.  Argh i guess the dates will now start on community lots rather than at home Sad

just out of interest what is the difference between "call taxi" and "transportation"?
I think one of those sidesteps a question of some kind.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 September 21, 10:45:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't tried in awhile with two playables, but if I invite a date over and then change my mind and decide to go downtown, the date automatically gets in the taxi with my playable. No dialogue box or anything, the playable gets in, the date meter goes down, the taxi waits and the non-playable gets in as well, just like going to a different community lot. I was thinking that two playables did it that way as well, as long as the one that started the date called for the taxi, the other would just get in.

Unsouper
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 September 21, 12:27:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think one of those sidesteps a question of some kind.

Yea, I believe the 'taxi' one brings up the dialog box that asks if you want to invite a sim to the community lot, while the 'transportation' one just calls the taxi.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Witches
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 September 21, 14:44:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find this extremely irritating, myself. I can't ask someone in the same dorm on a community lot date, either. I seem to remember I used to be able to, but maybe I'm dreaming. That might have been on uni lots where they had cars.

And, duh. Yeah. Going to the lot and then calling them would fix it, wouldn't it.  Embarrassed

But I still say it's stupid. I mean, they might be sharing a bed, but they need separate cabs? Like, OK, honey, I'll go scout the location and call you from there?

I think the car/cab thing needs to be more consistent, same rules apply no matter what. You should be able to choose who goes and who stays every time you want multiple sims to go somewhere, whether they're in college or not and whether it's private or public transportation. I'm sure there are complicated programming rules behind all this, but it would be nice if it could be fixed.

Visit The Sims 2 Writer's Block for stories about the sims.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 September 21, 20:08:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The complications are because Edith was designed poorly. Like I've said before, they coded objects for *form* rather than function, and that has gotten them in a ton of trouble down the road. Classic rookie coder mistake.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: