More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 16:58:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Game will not start
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Game will not start  (Read 30661 times)
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Game will not start
« Reply #50 on: 2009 November 30, 06:17:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

how the bloody hell can you not read my bloody punctuation?! your so irritating! im feeling as though i need to smash my head into the desk and all you care about is punctuation?

Your posts are borderline unintelligible. If you want help, you need to clearly state your problem and how you've attempted to fix it. Read the FAQ, then come back to this thread.

I sing along with elevator music.
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2009 November 30, 06:42:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How the bloody hell can you not read my bloody punctuation?! You're so irritating! I'm feeling as though I need to smash my head into the desk and all you care about is punctuation?

Yes we do care about the punctuation, since your lack of it makes your previous posts illegible. If you can't even be bothered to punctuate your request, why the hell should we be bothered to try helping?

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009 November 30, 10:09:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

now im getting this error opening file for writing \game\bin\d3dxp_31.ll .  why would this be a problem and why the hell if everything is deleted that this still shows up! i searched for it 3 times and it says its not on my computer

If that's the name of the file in the error message, then you have a severely FUCKED UP framework, as the right file is d3dx9_31.dll

Try reading the thread, it is very useful, but maybe the punctuation is making it harder for you to properly understand what has been said.  If you properly read the thread, you will see what the correct files are and how the hell to install them, which has been mentioned so many time now it is getting beyond a joke.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Scientist
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2009 December 01, 05:43:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just wanted to add my two cents here after struggling several days trying to get my game to load with Awesomemod installed.

For those of you who wish to use the TS3 Base Game Folder, do the following:

1. Removed scriptCache file from folder: My Docs\EA\TS3

2. From framework.zip, copied d3dx9_31.dll file to both folders:
Programs\EA\WA\Games\Bin
Programs\EA\TS3\Games\Bin

3. From framework.zip, copied resource.cfg file and Mods folder (with its contents) to folder:
Programs\EA\TS3

4. Added Awesomemod to folder:
Programs\EA\TS3\Mods\Packages

(Note:  Failing to put the d3dx9_31.dll file in the Programs\EA\WA\Games\Bin folder prevented the game from loading.)

For those of you who wish to use the WA EP Folder, do the following:

1. Removed scriptCache file from folder: My Docs\EA\TS3

2. Copied entire contents of framework.zip to:
Programs\EA\WA

3. Added Awesomemod to: 
Programs\EA\WA\Mods\Packages

(Note:  This time nothing was added to the Programs\EA\TS3 folder)

I finally got Awesomemod to work using both approaches. I did not need to use Delphy's installation helper.  Hopefully you will find this information useful.

P.S.  El President, from your framework.zip, is it necessary to keep the "File" folder containing DDFMap.txt and Resource.cfg files or can they be removed?
Vixnbrianaf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2009 December 12, 19:19:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same EXACT problem---I followed the advice to reinstall the framework and now it works brilliantly!  Obviously OP didn't want help as s/he didn't follow the instructions given....it worked for sure.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: