More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 19, 16:24:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  What do YOU do with your platinum people?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What do YOU do with your platinum people?  (Read 40073 times)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: What do YOU do with your platinum people?
« Reply #50 on: 2005 September 28, 13:58:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had never heard of this.  When gali mentioned the cheating sign, I thought she meant the wedding rings wtih the knives through them!  I knew I'd never seen that on any of my families' screens, so I thought this was some part of the game I'd missed, and I do have some spouses who are stepping out.
Witches
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: 2005 September 28, 14:50:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure about the bunny ears thing, but I do know the picture reflects, to some degree, the way a family feels about each other.

I know this because I had a romance couple who were constantly cheating on each other, and they went from lovey-dovey in their original picture to arms crossed, looking angry and back-to-back when he caught her cheating to back to lovey dovey after they made up.

Throughout it all their daughter just looked disgusted LOL.

Visit The Sims 2 Writer's Block for stories about the sims.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2005 September 28, 15:16:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I remember seeing this in the original Pleasants that came with the game.  Lilith looked disgusted, and Daniel and Mary-Sue had their arms crossed with their backs to each other.  I've never seen it with any of my other families because they are all happy, LOL.
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2005 September 28, 19:25:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hmm,
I'm not sure about the bunny ears thing, but I do know the picture reflects, to some degree, the way a family feels about each other.
Throughout it all their daughter just looked disgusted LOL.

Made me actually look at how they load up. I had a family with a new baby and noticed their newborn was sitting on the floor as they smooched, I have seen that before, but not too often. I worried that my game had glitched but all was fine, they just weren't close to him yet?!

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2005 September 28, 19:27:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had one once where the baby was kneeling in front of the family as if it were a toddler!  I've seen a few other anomalies, but they never really affected anything.
Rebochan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2005 September 28, 21:49:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the perma-plats, because it's one less Sim to stress over when things get hectic.  These Sims are the ones who get to cook the meals, clean the house, etc.  If things are calm, then I just go back to shooting for wants, in particular, the power wants (such as "30 Best Friends") that are insane.

Admittedly, some Sims are nearly impossible to satisfy the LTW.
Witches
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: 2005 September 28, 23:50:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You just have to decide which sims are worthy ...   Cheesy

windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2005 September 29, 01:06:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You just have to decide which sims are worthy ...   Cheesy

Speaking of which..., I downloaded Inge's "how many days left" shrub and now I fear I have too much knowledge.

Daniel Pleasant has 7 days left.  That's just about right...the house is very active right now since I'm trying to get daughter Penelope ready to go to University (first Uni student!)  I'm feeling a little bad about letting him go as I haven't let any one of my real Sims die yet...but I think the timing is right.

However, there is a sweet elder man in another house who has only two days left!  He was CAS as an elder in a 3 generation family, and while I played the family with aging off in the beginning (I no longer do that), he's never had any Elixir.

His time has come.  Do I have the guts to let him go?   Shocked

He's so sweet.  A knowledge Sim.  He wears plaid shorts, a print shirt and loafers.  He likes to study, hang out with an elder network and shoot the breeze, cook for his grown son and recently grown grandson.

He's never had much of a story, more a bit player than anything else.  Sigh.

I know, they are just pixels.  Undecided

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2005 September 29, 01:56:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, they are just pixels, but isn't it funny how attached we become *sigh*  Smiley

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2005 September 29, 05:19:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first Sim ever to die in my game was Herb Oldie.  It was a solemn moment, even though he had hula girls and a platinum gravestone.  I did not save the game.

The only other Sims to die of old age were in my Legacy Challenge house.  This was not solemn at all, as dying was part of the whole process, and I needed room for new generations. Smiley  I may have let one other non-Legacy Sim die of old age, mostly to let her Romance hubby start playing the field, which no one seemed to mind.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2005 September 29, 21:10:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first Sim ever to die in my game was Herb Oldie.  It was a solemn moment, even though he had hula girls and a platinum gravestone.  I did not save the game.

Well, King Charming bit the big one night and I did save and it sucked.  Cry  Son Duke and grandson Prince were beside themselves with grief.   Was a little teary myself.

I keep telling myself, woman, this is the way you play a generational game, you have to move through the generations.

I did like the insurance money though.  I don't play with money cheats anymore and it was a nice boost.

Wonder how much money Daniel will be worth to Kaylynn, she could use some cash.  Wink

Vesca
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2005 September 29, 23:05:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, they are just pixels, but isn't it funny how attached we become *sigh*  Smiley

I second that.  When I first bought TS2, I had somewhat of a Legacy family I was playing, and I had a difficult time letting the first generation mother just age to an elder!  Oh, and when she died ... well, I nearly couldn't play the family.  I was crushed.  They had grandchildren and great grandchildren and now she was gone and she had been the most beautiful sim in her younger years and her husband was equally as handsome.  Yes, you get very attached to them.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2005 September 29, 23:16:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm so attached I just let all the generations keep on going. I play with aging off, and I have sims who are still at the adult stage, yet have great-grandchildren. I think the lack of certain age groups makes it too hard for me to go through with the aging. It's confusing the way I play, but I still have fun.
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2005 September 30, 00:44:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm so attached I just let all the generations keep on going. I play with aging off, and I have sims who are still at the adult stage, yet have great-grandchildren. I think the lack of certain age groups makes it too hard for me to go through with the aging. It's confusing the way I play, but I still have fun.

But isn't that a nice fantasy world?    Smiley  I can't remember how old they let people get to in Star Trek, but I'm thinking it was 130 or more.  What a nice world where Great-Grandma is still young and vital.  I can see why that would be so much fun to play.

I'm irritatingly realistic when it comes to my Sims, in a non-realistic Simmish sort of way.  I have two generations of Sims smushed into "adult" right now, due to liberal use of Elixir with my first gen of adults (no, not the Elder stoop! no, no boobs dragging on the ground!)...and I'm going to need to let the first gen Sims turn into Elders soon or it will make me batty. 

My first gen is really 40-50 in my mind, and the second gen 20 to 30...but really, most everybody is 29 days to Elder.  With a third gen about to go into University...it's time for the rest of the crowd to be moving up.   I just can't have everybody mushed together.

I hate the draggy boobs more than anything.  Tongue Just 'cause you're 65 doesn't mean you can't afford a good bra!

Witches
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: 2005 September 30, 02:30:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hear, hear. Have they never heard of underwires?
 Grin

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2005 September 30, 03:59:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So true. I just can't do that to my sims. Young and beautiful one moment then bingo bango, pick those boobs up off of the floor. And the men with their six-pack abs, suddenly hunched over saying  "Balinga McCoy" to the lovely ladies in that weird Mr. Magoo voice. Nope, not in my game. Great Grandpa Joe still has those abs and is looking mighty fine, I must say.

Yes, mine is a great fantasy world. They are all smushed together, but I find ways to rationalize the fact that they're all adults. Try living inside my head for a day. I can rationalize anything.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2005 September 30, 04:32:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have way too many sims in perm platinum right now...LTWs are getting too easy to fulfill..especially if you send them to uni

I have quite the strange imagination though so my sims are always up to something.  Heck..I figured if I played TS1 for so long and back them my little pixels had no wants..fears...motivation at all..I can surely think up something for my TS2 sims.

I always keep the youngest child of a couple in the house so grandparents can help raise grandchildren.

As they get close to death the SimVac is the perfect device to make sure those skills don't go to waste..or making sure quickly aging adults get the job skills they need for a promotion. Grin
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2005 October 01, 10:07:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate the draggy boobs more than anything.  Tongue Just 'cause you're 65 doesn't mean you can't afford a good bra!

LOL.........Oh I so agree

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2005 October 01, 11:54:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i've created sims of myself and my boyfriend as couples in the game. They're only 6 hrs of real time off to meeting dear Grimmy...kinda weird watching and waiting for yourselves to die

Our Creator was bored. Our Creator made humans. Our Creator loves Sims 2!
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2005 October 01, 11:59:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i've created sims of myself and my boyfriend as couples in the game. They're only 6 hrs of real time off to meeting dear Grimmy...kinda weird watching and waiting for yourselves to die

Creating yourself in the game can be quite traumatic.

Someone on the Maxis BBS reported making their entire family for their young daughter to play.  Child was devastated whan granny met the reaper.  Something to keep in mind for those who create Sim versions of themselves.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Witches
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: 2005 October 03, 16:47:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My daughter freaked when a made-up mom caught fire and died. I had just bought the game and had no idea that might happen. Hadn't even found the smoke detector yet. Now whenever she hears the fire alarm she runs out of the room.

And that's a sim that wasn't based on anyone we know ... I can only imagine what seeing ME fry up would do to her.

So I try to keep it all firmly in the land of make-believe.  Wink

windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2005 October 03, 23:16:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh my, no, that wouldn't do.  I don't have any of my family or friends in the game and It hink I'll keep it that way. Shocked

Daniel Pleasant went to his hula girl reward in the sky this weekend.   Cry  After my first one, the second one was easier.

Kaylynn held a tasteful family funeral, with a catered buffet.  Penelope, her daughter with Daniel, came home from University.  Angela & Lilith came, having become fast friends with Kaylynn over the years.  Mary Sue, a total bitch in my game, declined with "Count Me Out!" 

I thought it was nice of Kaylynn to make the gesture, don't you?

There was lots of mourning.  Angela and Lilth behaved themselves, no cat fights, having gotten more Pleasant to each other over the years.  (Used to not be able to have them in a room uncontrolled without hair flying everywhere.)

The insurance money does help in a time of grief.  Kaylynn got 18K, which she really needed...Penelope got 9K at University which enabled her to move into off campus housing with Beau (Broke) March.  Angela got another tidy sum. Lillith got nothing, but she doesn't need to know that as she still lives with Angela and it went into their joint checking account.  Family secret, shhhhhhhh

The Circle of Life. Maybe I can do this.

vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2005 October 04, 01:04:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still waiting for Simone Le Gassey to die, but I'm definitely going to be sad, as is the rest of her family - they all have fears of her dying!  They all know it's coming and it's not like she's bedridden or anything!  The ol' life bar is looking mighty slim, maybe a day or two left.  Kennedy Cox-Le Gassey's going to be heartbroken, he's only in the green aspiration and all his wants revolve around.... grrr ... buying pool tables and bowling alleys!  (Although he seems to like the look of his daughter-in-law Brandi Letourneau-Le Gassey, who swoons over anything in pants.  I'm going to have to watch them.)

The sim version of myself and the boyfriend are currently in college, having just gotten engaged (which is a bit more serious than where our 'real' relationship is up to - my parents are meeting his parents tonight!  Aaah!).  I do get a bit worried about a couple of the dormies though, who just wander into the room 'we' share and stare at my boy in that creepy stalker way they have.

<insert witty comment here>
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2005 October 04, 05:59:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read an article somewhere in the mists of simtime, apparently most people create their own family when first playing the sims game. I'm pretty sure this article was about sims 1, but I can't imagine it being different in sims 2.

The first family I made in sims 1 was my own, I played them almost exclusively for the first while, had a couple of attempts to make myself subsequent to that, but don't usually make people I know at all in sims2. I do get inspiration for CAS sims from the students at work though.  Wink

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2005 October 04, 09:17:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still waiting for Simone Le Gassey to die, but I'm definitely going to be sad, as is the rest of her family - they all have fears of her dying! 

I lucked out with Daniel. Kaylynn often had a fear of him dying, but the day before he was supposed to die, she spun 3 unrelated fears...so I didn't let her go back to sleep.  She had off from work, no sleep, drank lots of coffee, and she didn't have a chance to reroll the fears and have his death come up on the appointed day. 

I read an article somewhere in the mists of simtime, apparently most people create their own family when first playing the sims game. I'm pretty sure this article was about sims 1, but I can't imagine it being different in sims 2.

Isn't that interesting.  Never had the least urge to do so in either game.

My Avatar is of a Sim who looks like me (or me at age 30 and 30 pounds ago), but she's not me in name or personality.

I'm always fascinated by the different choices people make in an open ended game like the Sims!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: