More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 17:59:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Can't Hire Specific Sim
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can't Hire Specific Sim  (Read 6555 times)
Witches
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
Can't Hire Specific Sim
« on: 2006 September 18, 16:17:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi,

Does anyone know the criteria for a sim being able to be hired to work at a business? It seems totally random to me. I can click on one sim and see the "hire" option and on another and it's not there.

Friendship points don't seem to matter. I've gotten the option on sims I'm not friends with at all. NPC or PC, it doesn't seem to matter either.

I have a specific sim I want to hire to work for a specific business but when I invite her to my business lot hiring her is not an option. She's a friend and a player sim but not a family member. I don't want to sit around until my biz owner is an elder, waiting for her to show up on that stupid "hire only these five sims" window you get when you choose Hire Employees.

Does anyone know how I can hire her?

Thanks!

Visit The Sims 2 Writer's Block for stories about the sims.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
Re: Can't Hire Specific Sim
« Reply #1 on: 2006 September 18, 17:36:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try Christianlov's Easy Computer:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=138750

The "Power Hire for Community Lot" option allows you to scroll through all available Sims, whether they are playables or NPCs, regardless of whether they already have jobs or not.  I have been using it for a while and it works great.

Karen
MyPrecious
Blathering Buffoon

"And we don't want any of that nonsense, do we?"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 September 18, 18:54:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow! thats really a naughty machine...but I downloaded for the same reason! yippee...thanks for the link Grin

A definition of loafing is; when you can't be bothered to open the curtains so you click the Glastonbury festival web cam to check the weather…

O môr henion i dhû:
Witches
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 September 18, 19:19:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the tip!

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 September 18, 20:44:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know the criteria for a sim being able to be hired to work at a business? It seems totally random to me. I can click on one sim and see the "hire" option and on another and it's not there.

Friendship points don't seem to matter. I've gotten the option on sims I'm not friends with at all. NPC or PC, it doesn't seem to matter either.

I have a specific sim I want to hire to work for a specific business but when I invite her to my business lot hiring her is not an option. She's a friend and a player sim but not a family member. I don't want to sit around until my biz owner is an elder, waiting for her to show up on that stupid "hire only these five sims" window you get when you choose Hire Employees.
For a sim to be hireable, assuming "no lame hires" is in place, he must not already be working a better "real job" (L4+), and he must not be hired by another business. Hiring a sim that already works for another business is a bad thing and will screw up the other lot when their employee goes missing, and then you need to hire that guy back, and you'll end up with this back and forth duelling which makes very little sense given that a sim doesn't simply settle with whatever pays him better.

There is a Squinge hack that stocks your hiring list with every single applicable sim in the game, so you can see the entire hiring pool at once. I would avoid the strange "hire absolutely anyone" computer as unpredictable consequences may result if you hire someone that you really shouldn't.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 September 19, 08:42:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doth mine eyes deceive me? I see the Pescado recommending a non-awesome hack?  Shocked

Seriously: I recommend that hack by Squinge. It allows you to pick the *right* candidate for the job and not just one of the four losers EAMaxis forces on you.
Squinge has another hack which allows you to hire more than 8 employees, which is good for mall-type businesses.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 September 19, 09:37:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doth mine eyes deceive me? I see the Pescado recommending a non-awesome hack?  Shocked
I was eventually going to do it myself after hitting "Reset Hireables" for the umpteenth time in the row and being presented with random useless schlubs. I decided driving in and out of the lot really didn't add anything useful anyway. But someone had already done it by then, and I'm not into the entire "Reinvent the wheel" thing. So I got that. It really illustrated how BAD the hiring pool really is once I could see the entire mess laid out in front of me.

Seriously: I recommend that hack by Squinge. It allows you to pick the *right* candidate for the job and not just one of the four losers EAMaxis forces on you.
Squinge has another hack which allows you to hire more than 8 employees, which is good for mall-type businesses.
Well, I wouldn't say it so much allows you to pick the right candidate, so much as that it hilights the fact that there is no right candidate, they're all wrong. I am tempted to create a custom employee hirer that will let you select an applicant built to your taste.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
siggylove
Furry!
Knuckleheaded Knob

Mr Flibble's very cross

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 September 19, 10:08:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would be great if you could do that JM, I would definitely use that.

I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me, than a full frontal lobotamy
travellersside
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 September 19, 10:38:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am tempted to create a custom employee hirer that will let you select an applicant built to your taste.

Now that would be awesome. Having a link on, presumably, the BRY controller which had the option to hire, then allowed you to choose from either all (preferably) or the top 5 sims who fill a particular job. Such as "Hire Cashier" calling up a list of all available sims with a cashier badge. It would be useful to have a separate option for "talentless" too, just so you could train up PC sims, or in case you'd used up all the good ones. Could be interesting if someone is eligible for several lists - if you wanted a restocker, but there were none left, should a silver cashier witha bronze restock show up or not?
Let's hope you're tempted further!
Witches
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 September 19, 16:04:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, Pescado! I found Squinge at Insiminator, which I belong to. I'll check it out.

The sim in question is a hall of famer. I didn't realize she couldn't be hired away. But I'm bored with her present job so I'll have her quit and then she should be hireable. If not, I'll get the Squinge hack.

Thank you! This sim has a gold level toymaker badge that will really help my sim's business.

On a completely unrelated note: I've got a sim who's still an adult who wants to retire from her job. Can she do this? I thought you had to be an elder ...

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 September 19, 16:46:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On a completely unrelated note: I've got a sim who's still an adult who wants to retire from her job. Can she do this? I thought you had to be an elder ...

Nope; she can quit, but she would have to be an elder to retire.  Can't say I've ever seen an adult get that want, though.  I've seen pleasure sims get wants to stay home from work, and to quit their jobs, but never one to retire unless they're an elder.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Witches
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 September 19, 17:25:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Her husband's an elder who's retired. Maybe she has retirement envy?  Smiley

Thanks. I didn't think so. It's not like it's an option when she calls work. She's just going to have to wait.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 September 19, 18:22:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had a couple of sims who had a want to retire while still adults.  She wasn't even near becoming an elder, but had used several bottles of elixir.  I don't know if that was the reason.  That was before I got NL though.  I don't remember seeing it recently.  It really irritated me though because there was no way to achieve it.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 September 19, 21:37:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen it in sims that are about to age transition...  I wonder if it pops up because of the number of days the sim has alive, rather than which life stage they are in...  I've got twojeff's age duration mod, so that could change things a little.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: