More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 18:25:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sims within group or date leaving lot
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims within group or date leaving lot  (Read 4052 times)
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
Sims within group or date leaving lot
« on: 2006 August 30, 16:21:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just started having a problem where sims that are in a group or on a date will leave (vanish) from lot upon returning to the controllable sims home (dorm, since I've seen this happen on a Univ lot). I was on a date and invited the sim back to the dorm, the date timer was at 3hrs to go and upon returning the date left. No end of date message popped up either. The same happened when on an outing.
Has anyone else noticed this problem?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Sims within group or date leaving lot
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 30, 16:23:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just started having a problem where sims that are in a group or on a date will leave (vanish) from lot upon returning to the controllable sims home (dorm, since I've seen this happen on a Univ lot). I was on a date and invited the sim back to the dorm, the date timer was at 3hrs to go and upon returning the date left. No end of date message popped up either. The same happened when on an outing.
Has anyone else noticed this problem?

If the sims are dormies, it's not uncommon -- they get a 'call' to go to class, even though dormies don't really go anywhere except off the current lot. Smiley  I think someone has come up with a hack to prevent this -- maybe over on MTS2?  (Can't remember where I've seen it.)

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Witches
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 30, 16:26:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes! I get it all the time, whether at uni or not. It's very annoying. I usually just call the date again and ask them to come to the lot and it works OK.

I'm not sure what causes it. I'm sure it's a glitch of some kind.

Visit The Sims 2 Writer's Block for stories about the sims.
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 30, 18:03:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, they are not dormies just other college students that live some place else (they are not controllable). I never had this problem in the past. When I call them back over the date timer thing doesn't show up again.  Huh
« Last Edit: 2006 August 31, 16:04:32 by PlayLives » Logged
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 30, 20:15:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had this happen on occassion, but it kinda seems sadorandomly flukey. Tongue

It could be related to needs... perhaps if the visiting sim's needs are too low... but I'm not sure. I've had this happen a few times, when going from one comm lot to a different one or trying to bring the date back home to my sim's dorm. I've had it happen where the date would get out of the taxi and then just leave by walking off the lot. No notification message, no date meter. I think once, I had a situation where only my sim got out of the taxi, and the date walked On to the lot. I think the meter showed up for a split second, and then it just ended. Again, no notification message. *shrugs*

I didn't notice any particular pattern, but then again, I didn't think to look for one at the time. However, since then, I've rebooted my game and I haven't had that problem since. If the date ever ends abruptly, it is almost always due to the date's needs being to low.

When I call them back over the date timer thing doesn't show up again.  Huh

When you 'call them back over', are you calling them via the Ask On a Date or are you just inviting them over hoping that the meter would show up again? I assume you mean that you are Asking them on another date, and they arrive but no meter is showing up. Do they still get the blue plumbob over their head? I think I had this happen once... and it took a while, but the date meter did show up eventually. It was just very strange. It was almost as if the game mixed it up with an outing just for fun. Maybe the meter from before didn't completely 'die' yet and wasn't allowing the new meter to be created?

Ste

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 August 30, 21:32:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, they are not dormies just other college students that leave some place else (they are not controllable).

'Dormies' is just the generic name for the YAs at college, like townies in your main hood and downtownies in your downtown hood.  They don't necessarily have to live in the same dorm, but they're not playable sims.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Witches
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 August 31, 13:50:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to ask them on date again. You can't just call them and invite them to the lot. It's kind of a do-over.

It doesn't happen every time, just once in a while.

The sims leaving outing thing happens a lot more frequently. I just assumed it was because my computer couldn't handle all those sims at once, but maybe it's a game glitch.

Visit The Sims 2 Writer's Block for stories about the sims.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 August 31, 14:33:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The outings thing is actually a race condition. The reason this happens is because the outing doesn't "reform" until after everyone has started unloading from the car, which means there's a free moment in which a sim isn't part of the outing. Naturally, he immediately seizes this opportunity to sod off.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 August 31, 16:12:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The outings thing is actually a race condition. The reason this happens is because the outing doesn't "reform" until after everyone has started unloading from the car, which means there's a free moment in which a sim isn't part of the outing. Naturally, he immediately seizes this opportunity to sod off.

Hmm, that sounds like a reasonable explanation. I thought maybe it was because the car (street parking) was to close to the portal and thus the accompanying sims were being sucked into the vast beyond upon leaving the car. (yes..I know... Lips sealed)

syberspunk, actually I was just inviting them back over, Duh Embarrassed

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: