More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 19:27:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Cars Stuck on Community Lots; Dates disappear
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Cars Stuck on Community Lots; Dates disappear  (Read 3075 times)
raptureswild
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Cars Stuck on Community Lots; Dates disappear
« on: 2006 August 07, 09:42:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is in all probability old news, having been discussed at length and solved by minds far more acute than mine.

If you know the answer to this question, you are welcome to leave insults, provided you direct me to said answer.

I run TS2 with all expansions and "stuff" packs, including Holiday.  I have patched my game with everything Maxis has thrown at me.  I use many mods by JM Pescado and TwoJeffs, but I'm pretty sure that if it's a hacked/modded object or file, I haven't downloaded it off a site that wasn't this one.

My problem is as follows:
Sim takes owned vehicle to community lot.  Sim is only very occasionally able to drive vehicle home.  I'm pretty sure that they're just about never able to drive it home, but I think there may have been one or two occasions when they could.  Sims call taxi and leave, to arrive at home in their car.

More recently, a CAS sim of mine took Malcolm Landgraab IV on a date.  They went out to eat (she paid, that cheap punk rich boy), and when she tried to take him home in her *awesome* blue-flamed black truck, the only option I had was to 'dance' to the car stereo.  So I called a taxi, and when she arrived at home (in her own vehicle), Malcolm was nowhere to be seen and it was as if the dream date never occurred, other than the relationship scores and -$30 she spent on dinner.  No roses, no anything that indicated the date happened, and there was plenty of time leftover.

If I need to explain anything in addition to this, please tell me.  Luckily it is not THAT frustrating of a bug.  Well, it is, because my sims can't take dates out to eat.  Argh.  At least it isn't rendering the game completely unplayable.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Cars Stuck on Community Lots; Dates disappear
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 07, 13:27:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, that sort-of sounds like the problem that OFB originally had with private cars and community-owned lots. Are you sure the latest patch 'took'?.

Otherwise, I'd say enable the testing cheats next time you go to a community lot and see what errors generate when you try to send the sim home in their car. It could definitely be a hack/mod conflict or problem, and the error log should point the way.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Witches
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 07, 17:32:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had other related errors:

Some of my sims can no longer woohoo in their car on their home lot, only at a community lot.

I've had sims invite me on an outing, only to end it the second my sim shows up. Was it my breath?  Cheesy

And, the ever-popular, recurring, "Don't you care what I want? I'm leaving" directly followed by "You're some fantastic date!" after a dream date that involves woohoo. The date is then recorded as dream date, so no harm done. Just pretty annoying, as I make a point of asking my dates several times what they want. Can I help it that "go to college" or "fall in love with SOMEONE ELSE" isn't something my sim can (or would want to!??) make happen?

Visit The Sims 2 Writer's Block for stories about the sims.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 07, 17:44:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inability to woohoo in cars on home lots is a known bug associated with patch-2. A fix currently exists in the ofb/test directory.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 07, 21:52:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get the "Don't You Care" followed by "Dream Date" quite often, too.  I hadn't really noticed before but you're right, it does come after woo-hoo.  When I make the other Sim selectable, they always need the toilet, so maybe all that woo-hooing doesn't do much for their bladders.  As you say, you get the score anyway, so no harm done.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 August 07, 22:30:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "don't you care" is the premature termination due to low motives. Of course, there's no way to know what they actually *ARE*, since they hardly tell you about it, nor do they ever bother to take action to resolve the matter, so it's pure guesswork, such as by trying to drag them into the radius of Bathroom Uses You so they'll use the terlet, or other field-influence effects, like parking them by snapdragons before initiating the social-spam. Termination in such a manner simply ends the date, there's no penalty, and you end with whatever score you racked up before this happened.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Witches
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 August 08, 15:06:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inability to woohoo in cars on home lots is a known bug associated with patch-2. A fix currently exists in the ofb/test directory.

Is that on the official site, or here?

Thanks for the info.

I don't have bathroom uses you installed in my community lots, just at home, and no one can make snapdragons yet. I think I'll give them both a try. I've got a couple of sims who are close to their gold flower badge ...

Visit The Sims 2 Writer's Block for stories about the sims.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 August 08, 18:59:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that on the official site, or here?

Here; follow the links in the Armory forum, Hacks Directory thread.

I don't have bathroom uses you installed in my community lots, just at home, and no one can make snapdragons yet. I think I'll give them both a try. I've got a couple of sims who are close to their gold flower badge ...

FYI, Monique has  a mod/object that lets you buy craftable items in bulk, and a buyable snapdragons over on MTS2:

Craftable items: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=143928

Buyable snapdragons: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=140687

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: