More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 05:05:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Review of the Sims2 Content Manager
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Review of the Sims2 Content Manager  (Read 36643 times)
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
Re: Review of the Sims2 Content Manager
« Reply #50 on: 2005 August 02, 11:26:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To bring this back to the topic of content manager, I did scan a handful of those uncategorized letter/number jumble items with datgen.  It appears that at least the 10 or so that I opened have texture and/or image files.  One was grass, one was rocks, one was the picture of a lipstick, and a few had skin information.  So are these useful files after all?  Is there any way to rename them and have them still work properly?

Chris

I still haven't seen any answer to this, so thought I'd bump it.  Are these files just garbage pieces of these textures and objects and skins, or are they useful files?

Chris

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: 2005 August 02, 11:37:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the course of cleaning out my downloads folder, I came to the conclusion that these are indeed useful files...annoyingly enough, when you download a lot or Sim with custom stuff, the custom stuff is given a garbage file name rather than the original file name (which probably actually made some sense). I deleted a bunch before I realized this, and now I have some houses missing wallpapers....

Jen

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2005 August 02, 16:44:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you check these "garbage" files in SimPE to find out where they came from, you could download the original file, use the multiinstaller to install them to a folder, then put them where you want them and delete the "garbage file " afterwards.  That way, the walls in your houses should not disappear - at least, mine haven't.

Zephyr Zodiac
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: 2005 August 02, 20:03:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Except that I have houses with walls and floors that have not been uploaded separately anywhere Smiley

Jen

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2005 August 02, 20:45:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is a nuisance!  I suppose you could get the house again and reinstall it, that way those files should reappear, then instead of deleting them, if you put them in a file with a clear label so you know what they are, you don't run the risk of forgetting in the future.

Zephyr Zodiac
Becky
« Reply #55 on: 2005 August 03, 06:00:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, well at least I feel better now.  I just downloaded CM tonight to try it, and whaddya know, it wouldn't open; got stuck, with task mgr saying "not responding."   I'm glad I decided to come here and see if anyone else had the same problem.  As others pointed out, it probably wasn't "broken," just churning through all my downloads.  I guess it's not a good idea to have a downloads folder that's almost a gig.  At least not if I want to use a Maxis tool.  <sigh> 

Anyway, I registered here mostly just to post this reply and say THANK YOU to all of you for relaying your experiences and thus allaying my fears.  Smiley  I've been lurking about since Pescado created this site, but I'm shy   Embarrassed

Anyway, enough of my simpering.  Pescado, YOU ROCK!!   I don't know how I ever played the Sims2 without your hacks and particularly your FIXES.  If EA/Maxis knew what was good for them, they'd hire you as a full-time consultant!

Thanks again, everyone,
Becky
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2005 August 03, 22:29:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only a mere gb of stuff in your Downloads folder?  Shocked

I've got over 4 GB and counting. You should see how long it takes to try to run Body Shop -- when it doesn't just crash on me before it's finished.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: