More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 14, 03:48:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Weather Question (Going Outside)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Weather Question (Going Outside)  (Read 10598 times)
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Weather Question (Going Outside)
« on: 2007 May 30, 00:49:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From a few things I've been reading, it seems that sims are supposed to change into outdoor clothes if they go outside in the rain?  Mine don't.  They don't react to it in any way either, no running to get out of it or anything, they just carry-on as they've always done.  If they're supposed to do either of these things, then clearly I have something stopping it, but I don't want to try to find out what if they're not supposed to do it anyway. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
PandaGirl
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
Re: Weather Question (Going Outside)
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 30, 01:32:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought they only changed into outerwear if it was cold.

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 30, 01:38:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So did I, but I've seen mention of them changing in the rain.  Maybe that's the problem game and not mine then!  Still seems stupid that they walk around in the rain and don't bat an eyelid.  They even do it in thunderstorms.  I wonder if they can get struck by lightning, I think maybe they can.  I do hope so.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 30, 01:41:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have them sit outside in an in-ground hot tub during a thunderstorm. You'll see. Tongue
PandaGirl
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 30, 01:45:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My first ever thunderstorm my simmie got struck my lightning. It was so awesome and made me jump.  Grin

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 30, 04:45:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have them sit outside in an in-ground hot tub during a thunderstorm. You'll see. Tongue
Or swim...with the whole family. Fawn became an orphan that way.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 30, 05:16:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and none of my sims have ever been struck by lightning! I send them to sit in hot tubs in storms. Sadorandom bloody bullshit!@#@$

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 May 30, 06:24:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine seem to like stargazing in the nude, usually straight after having a shower, but no lightning strikes yet. One of them froze solid last night for the first time which was amusing for all of seconds before I realised his needs were dropping almost as fast as sim on fire. Fortunately a friend was on hand with a hairdrier.
In a similar attack of sadorandomness I've never managed to turn anyone into a plantsim yet, despite many gold gardening talent badges and lots of bug spraying by the sims.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 May 30, 06:46:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a frozen sim, face down in the snow - I kept waking up other members of her family and sending them outside. They totally ignored her, not a hairdryer was whooshed from the tush, they turned round and went back to bed. She nearly bought it, only Insim woke her up to suffer cramps and a warning that if I didn't look after her she would lose the baby.

ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 May 30, 13:05:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There can be a blizzard going on and if my Sims go outdoors through the garage, they never change into outerwear.

[Edited to delete white space]
« Last Edit: 2007 May 31, 13:05:35 by ZiggyDoodle » Logged
Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

INTP/J: Bork!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 May 30, 14:27:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There can be a blizzard going on and if my Sims go outdoors through the garage, they never change into outerwear.

I thought you needed to place a coat hanger-thingy by the door for them to change into outerwear automatically?

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 May 30, 14:30:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My garage doors don't allow Sims to walk through them, so that's not an issue for me.

Sims do not turn on outerwear for rain at all: they only (sometimes) put it on if it is actually cold outside.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 May 30, 14:37:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought you needed to place a coat hanger-thingy by the door for them to change into outerwear automatically?

No, they'll change whether you have the halltree or not.

ETA: What gets me is the ghosts.  They'll change in and out of their outwear as they wander from the house to the outdoors and back.  Silly ghosts!

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 May 30, 15:05:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ETA: What gets me is the ghosts.  They'll change in and out of their outwear as they wander from the house to the outdoors and back.  Silly ghosts!
No Unneeded Coats should suppress this silly ghost behavior.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 May 30, 15:55:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So does the hall tree have any function in the game other than forcing your Sim into outerwear by clicking on it?

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 May 30, 16:04:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So does the hall tree have any function in the game other than forcing your Sim into outerwear by clicking on it?

Not really.  I've put it on a lot of my community lots, and actually in most of my houses, just because sometimes my Simmies change into their outwear when they go out but then "forget" for some reason to remove their outwear when they come in.  Only helps with playable Sims, of course, but at least they don't have to sit through a date wearing their parka, and I don't have to send them all the way to the bedroom to change when they're at home.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 May 30, 16:05:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Witch: I had to direct the friend to warm the frozen sim up... the option appears when you click on the frozen sim. He got sent to bed with a warming hot chocolate after he woke, despite being near death and wanting to do some other outdoor activity. Sometimes I think they crossed humans with lemmings to get sims.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 May 30, 16:59:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the temp is borderline, sometimes they don't change out of their coats even when going into the house. Technically this would be the time to use to coatrack (or Pes's hack) but I just let them walk around inside in their coats like the idiots they are. Except in my current home, as they have a "clean room" to walk through and decontaminate from being out in the acid rain.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
PandaGirl
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 May 31, 09:56:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that's the same with archways, they kind of only recognise doors when it comes to outerwear.

Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

INTP/J: Bork!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2007 May 31, 10:18:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the temp is borderline, sometimes they don't change out of their coats even when going into the house. Technically this would be the time to use to coatrack (or Pes's hack) but I just let them walk around inside in their coats like the idiots they are. Except in my current home, as they have a "clean room" to walk through and decontaminate from being out in the acid rain.

Clean room? Acid rain? Please elaborate! It already sounds cool, but I want to hear more. Smiley

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 May 31, 15:07:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Clean room? Acid rain? Please elaborate! It already sounds cool, but I want to hear more. Smiley
Just figments of my imagination. The neighborhood has been "cleansed" due to some naughty behaviour and is currently working its way back to normal...slowly. Spinning off the Apocalypse Challenge. No playing in the rain or snow is allowed, no plants can survive outside. Oddly, Fawn's kids (sans Geranium, the first) have all rolled a dark grayish skintone, too, which I'm choosing to believe is due to slight contamination from mom walking to and from the carpool while in her first trimester. She also had a heck of a time getting pregnant with her fourth, which would make sense as the reproductive system is one of the first things to break down during extended exposure to low levels of harmful chemicals.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 May 31, 21:17:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Witch: I had to direct the friend to warm the frozen sim up... the option appears when you click on the frozen sim. He got sent to bed with a warming hot chocolate after he woke, despite being near death and wanting to do some other outdoor activity. Sometimes I think they crossed humans with lemmings to get sims.

Cheesy No I clicked on the frozen sim, clicked every combo I could think of, no option to warm up or rescue. Sad I was sort of hoping for my first accidental death (except for burning)).

About radiation, I don't have a clean room, but my cyberhood has quite a high residual radiation count which changes sim genetics over time. This is how zombies and vamps became possible, these modified sims are the ones who are descendants of the original settlers that were dumped by the wormhole. The most recent arrivals are still mostly OK genetically, although can be contaminated by the vamps and JM's zombie mod.

Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 June 01, 06:27:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps the warm-up interaction is relationship based and has minimum daily/lifetime requirements. Maxis EA seem to favour applying that sort of logic to other interactions. I suppose it could also conceivably be based on personality, perhaps there is a 'good samaritan' personality that is more likely to whip out a hairdrier for the benefit of strangers.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 June 01, 11:13:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe, but one of the sims I dragged out of bed was the female sim's husband with whom she was on very good terms.

vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 June 01, 11:33:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For me there is a bit of a lag between the sim collapsing due to freezing and another sim being able to hair dryer them. Perhaps you clicked too soon? This only seems to happen with the cold weather as I can direct another to throw water on an overheated sim straight away.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: