More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 10:16:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  So what's been fixed in NL
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: So what's been fixed in NL  (Read 233385 times)
LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
Re: So what's been fixed in NL
« Reply #175 on: 2005 September 14, 22:36:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quinn: I have encountered both problems five and six.  It would be nice if these things can be/are fixed.  

Also, the last one should be fixable by JM's No Telepathy hack.  Unless Maxis has already done something about it.

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2005 September 14, 23:02:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any chance we will have the option to change born-in-game Toddler hairstyles?  The options are there in CAS but I use only 1 founding sim for a neighbourhood, the rest are all born in the game, meaning every single toddler is stuck with the default hair.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2005 September 14, 23:21:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here are some issues I have with my game that haven't been mentioned yet (I hope), though most of them are pretty minor glitches:

- The music is messed up, so you'll get CAS music in the Build mode, Buy mode music on neighborhood view, and so on.
- Whenever a sim leaves to a community lot and the stereo is on in his/her house, when they come back the stereo is still on, but there's not any music playing.

These are problems for me too.  It seems that the music is always messed up.  I thought it was something I had done by accident.  I do have custom songs on the radio stations and usually just selecting the silent radio (with the music icons wafting out of it) and telling it to play the next song works to get the music back on track.  Just recently (two days ago) the neighborhood loading screen was silent.  I have no custom music for the games buy/build/load modes.

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2005 September 14, 23:23:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any chance we will have the option to change born-in-game Toddler hairstyles?  The options are there in CAS but I use only 1 founding sim for a neighbourhood, the rest are all born in the game, meaning every single toddler is stuck with the default hair.

We're looking into this as a separate issue (from the patches).  We didn't have any good animations for it at the time (i.e. TAE bringing the toddler to the mirror/vanity) and didn't want to just shove something in that looked incomplete (but we'll see...).  I've brought it up several times and there are many people that agree with me, so hopefully something will come of it.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2005 September 14, 23:43:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know HatedMaxoid, (and I don't like that name either), I have a wishlist. Of things I wish sims2 could do, was hoping uni might introduce, but no.

Identical children. This may be touted as a feature, not a bug, but I find it bloody annoying. If a couple has more than one child, each child is identical. Same star sign, same facial features. Apparently the randomise for babies merely cycles through a sequence and always starts at 1. If you go into CAS and roll a random number of sims, then load the lot and let the birth take place, then the baby is different to it's siblings. Pescado has of course provided a workaround. The Lot Debugger has an option to create a random number of sims, without saving them, then the baby will also be random.

Which leads me into the wishlist part. Genetics was something I had big hopes for. I wanted to crossbreed sims and get melded skin sometimes. Like a blue sim and a yellow sim might make green babies. It is also disappointing that all custom genetics override Maxis defaults, I wanted some random variety. With my new n'hood, all sims have custom genetics so I'm really keen to see some patterns emerge.

Building: I build lots, lots of lots. I NEED curves. And spiral staircases. And a rainbow of colours, not those choices of muddy, fluoro or busy. I need more window styles, fences and many more plants.  Cool

Which reminds me of a bug that I don't think has been mentioned yet. The ground cover or terrain paints used to decorate landscapes - there's something very dodgy there. If you even select the groundcover tool, without applying any to the lot landscape, the lot will package all terrains in the downloads folder. These have often doubled up for me. That's how I first discovered the buggieness. I tried deleting the doubles. The lot was not able to load after that, crashed to desktop when I tried. If I install a lot with custom terrains, I untick them in the clean pack installer, this usually corrupts the lot. These ground paints can not be removed even with the correct command to remove all groundcovers, the lot still saves with them. I don't use them at all now.

Just recently I also encountered a corrupt aging controller in a lot. My sims wouldn't age, even with aging on, people here advised moving to a new lot, which I did and that fixed it. Apparently there are some pre-made Maxis houses and at least one dorm that have some corruption.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2005 September 15, 00:41:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For example, when I delete custom clothing or genetics, the queue will go back to the beginning each and everytime.  To add insult to injury, the queue will also reshuffle.

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but if you plan on getting NL, the clothes do not appear to reshuffle anymore when you delete them. It will still return to the first page, but at least you can tell now where you left off.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
izzygal
« Reply #181 on: 2005 September 15, 00:48:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about the fingerprint scanner bug where the scanning is treated as a romantic interaction - if two Sims have a sufficiently high relationship score asking/offering to train causes a crush. It also will disappear out of a Sims hand on occasion never to be seen again.

LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: 2005 September 15, 00:51:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about the fingerprint scanner bug where the scanning is treated as a romantic interaction - if two Sims have a sufficiently high relationship score asking/offering to train causes a crush. It also will disappear out of a Sims hand on occasion never to be seen again.

What can be said?  Fingerprint scanning is HOT.  Have you seen the weekly ratings for CSI?

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
Baddmark
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2005 September 15, 01:04:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Maxis cloned the scanner from some type of sex toy that never made it into the final game. Or maybe Sims2 has a hidden "hot coffee" mode like GTA:San Andreas. I hope Jack Thompson doesn't find out about this...  Cheesy
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2005 September 15, 01:11:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We're looking into this as a separate issue (from the patches).  We didn't have any good animations for it at the time (i.e. TAE bringing the toddler to the mirror/vanity) and didn't want to just shove something in that looked incomplete (but we'll see...).  I've brought it up several times and there are many people that agree with me, so hopefully something will come of it.

I'm glad it hasn't been forgotten about completely, the toddler hair styles look so cute but my sims have never used them.
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2005 September 15, 01:12:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put a link to this thread on the usenet group alt.games.the-sims, hope nobody minds!

(actually I did it twice.  I'm almost spamming over there) Wink

<insert witty comment here>
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2005 September 15, 01:43:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think this one has been mentioned yet.  There is also a bug with teaching toddlers to walk.  If you use smart milk in combination with the Thinking cap, the skill bar will reset itself over and over so the child never gets taught.  Sometimes I have found even when using just smart milk the bar will never seem to move beyond the first quarter bar.  I set them up and then fast forward the game or go to other sims, and I'll come back thinking they should be done by now, and the bar hasn't even moved.  Somehow it straightens out, giving more smart milk or trying again after they take a nap, as they are usually exhausted by this time.

And is there any way to keep every single teen sim and older in the house from swarming all over the child when he is hungry or tired?  And why won't they change the babies' and toddlers' diapers without being told?  I've seen them bathe the toddler and (apparently) put the dirty diaper back on them since they still needed to be changed.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2005 September 15, 01:50:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rainbow, JM has a fix for that called 'nobabyharassment' (at least thats what I think it's called). Works like a charm.

Thanks for the heads up with the toddler walk teaching glitch. It has been happening to me, only I thought that I somehow managed to screw up my lot, or neighborhood, whatever. Although I don't wish glitches and bugs on anyone, I'm glad I'm not alone Cheesy

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
kathryn.mari.
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: 2005 September 15, 01:52:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have Sims2 and UNI installed.

I have had multiple instances of game crashing while in CAS, where the Music starts stuttering and repeating. It will freeze the entire computer. I have tried alt-ctl-delete, minimizing to end task, and nothing works. If I wait in hopes the music will correct itself or try clicking anything while its in that loop, the game hard crashes and I have to do a reset of my computer.

It's happened while just zooming in or out on a CAS sim while I'm seeing how some content looks, or even while just scrolling thru the clothing files to plan an outfit. It happens with, or without custom 'skin related' content (mainly my own cc) in the game. Needless to say, this is taking major amounts of relaxation and fun out of the game. I haven't played or used CAS for quite some time due to this problem  Cry

I have looked at the audio error log..and it shows tons of 'duplicate' resources? I have no idea why though. I have never touched the music files.

Here's a sample of whats in my audio error log at the moment:

{1,22:19:48:530,00:01:09:007,5379,ERROR,TSAudio,Duplicate resource instance id found ff5ef8a5 with existing 7b1acfcd:eb8ab356:ff5ef8a5 },
{2,22:19:48:532,00:01:09:007,5379,ERROR,TSAudio,Duplicate resource instance id found ff5ef8a5 with existing 0b9eb87e:eb8ab356:ff5ef8a5 },
{3,22:19:48:544,00:01:09:015,5379,ERROR,TSAudio,Duplicate resource instance id found ff328c36 with existing 7b1acfcd:2da1f2e2:ff328c36 },
{4,22:19:48:544,00:01:09:015,5379,ERROR,TSAudio,Duplicate resource instance id found ff9a8132 with existing 7b1acfcd:2da1f2e2:ff9a8132 },
{5,22:19:48:544,00:01:09:015,5379,ERROR,TSAudio,Duplicate resource instance id found fff30ee0 with existing 7b1acfcd:2da1f2e2:fff30ee0 },
{6,22:19:48:544,00:01:09:015,5379,ERROR,TSAudio,Duplicate resource instance id found ff5b03e4 with existing 7b1acfcd:2da1f2e2:ff5b03e4 },
{7,22:19:48:544,00:01:09:015,5379,ERROR,TSAudio,Duplicate resource instance id found ffa1fe58 with existing 7b1acfcd:2da1f2e2:ffa1fe58 },
{8,22:19:48:544,00:01:09:015,5379,ERROR,TSAudio,Duplicate resource instance id found ff09f35c with existing 7b1acfcd:2da1f2e2:ff09f35c },
{9,22:19:48:544,00:01:09:015,5379,ERROR,TSAudio,Duplicate resource instance id found ff607c8e with existing 7b1acfcd:2da1f2e2:ff607c8e },
{10,22:19:48:544,00:01:09:015,5379,ERROR,TSAudio,Duplicate resource instance id found ffc8718a with existing 7b1acfcd:2da1f2e2:ffc8718a },
{11,22:19:48:544,00:01:09:015,5379,ERROR,TSAudio,Duplicate resource instance id found ff328c36 with existing 0b9eb87e:2da1f2e2:ff328c36 },
{12,22:19:48:544,00:01:09:015,5379,ERROR,TSAudio,Duplicate resource instance id found ff9a8132 with existing 0b9eb87e:2da1f2e2:ff9a8132 },
{13,22:19:48:544,00:01:09:015,5379,ERROR,TSAudio,Duplicate resource instance id found fff30ee0 with existing 0b9eb87e:2da1f2e2:fff30ee0 },

this continues..up to this:
142,22:19:48:687,00:01:09:085,5379,ERROR,TSAudio,Duplicate resource instance id found ffed20e5 with existing 0b9eb87e:2da1f2dd:ffed20e5 },

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2005 September 15, 01:56:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rainbow, JM has a fix for that called 'nobabyharassment' (at least thats what I think it's called). Works like a charm.

Yes, I know JM has a fix for that, he has fixes for a lot of things, and I have all of them.  But the point of this thread is to tell Maxoid Tom all the bugs we would like to see fixed in the upcoming patch.

Thanks for the heads up with the toddler walk teaching glitch. It has been happening to me, only I thought that I somehow managed to screw up my lot, or neighborhood, whatever. Although I don't wish glitches and bugs on anyone, I'm glad I'm not alone Cheesy
You're welcome.  I have seen this mentioned other places as well, that's how I learned not to use the thinking cap together with the smart milk.  I know it's a relief when you see that someone else is having the same problem because you don't feel so much like you're losing your mind.
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2005 September 15, 01:58:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By the way, I've heard talk about a blank icon bug?  I'm not sure if I've had it.  What is it actually?

The only thing I can think of that it might be is when the wants/fears sit blank for a few sim minutes - as if the game is taking a while to think of new ones.  Am I close or been blissfully lucky in not having the real bug yet?

Oh yeah and the toddler walking thing - I always figured it was because something was in their way, causing the bar to reset.  It only happened with one toddler I ever had, in a particularly crowded room.  I roleplayed him as a bit of an idiot, until he went and maxed out his skills on me.  Bugger.

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2005 September 15, 02:11:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry Rainbow, I thought I read the whole thread, I must've skipped over something. I know that this is a suggestion thread, but somehow I got the impression that you were plagued with that bug yourself.

My problem with the 'blank icon bug' is that usually the whole lot (family) starts acting weird after it hits. Until now I just exported them with simpe, killed off the originals, bulldozed the lot, and re-started that family from CAS. If I care enough about them that is. If I don't, I just kill them off without exporting. I'm completely paranoid about the bugs ever since the original 'jump bug'. That was a very sorry episode. Thanks to MTS2 for coming out with the patch, or I wouldn't have been able to play at all. It was very bad, expecially the "its not a bug, its all your fault for not playing right" answer I received from 'customer support' at the time.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2005 September 15, 02:37:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry Rainbow, I thought I read the whole thread, I must've skipped over something. I know that this is a suggestion thread, but somehow I got the impression that you were plagued with that bug yourself.
I was plagued with it myself until I got JM's wonderful fix for that.  I just wondered if this was a bug or a "feature." Smiley
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2005 September 15, 03:46:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about including the downloadables objects into the game as "official objects"
And also update the Alienware computer so it works with the new uni functions
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2005 September 15, 04:05:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Piano - as designed

Wait a second... Am I reading this incorrectly?  The Piano is SUPPOSED to stop being Fun after it's been on a lot for 24 hours?  So, I guess that professional pianists don't enjoy their work at all then, eh?

If I'm just being mentally retarded, let me know.  :-p  it wouldn't be the first time.
That's gotta be absurd: I've looked at *WHY* the piano stops being fun, and the reason it happens can only be construed as a bug: The code for the Piano's main routines is the same as from pre-Uni, but the piano's attributes have been entirely redone, and what was formerly a semi-attribute has been dumped into regular attributes....which are being stomped by the old main and overwritten with garbage values as a result. Clearly a bug.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2005 September 15, 05:08:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes, listen to JM, he knows what he's saying... i'm not.

Tis is for HatedMaxoid:

Here some stuff to consider about NightLife:
The manage groups option on the phones has some bugs, well not exactly bugs, but it is missing some things:
(1) There is NO option to rename a group. So if you want to rename a group you have to delete it and re-add the sims that were part of it, wich can be a pain since
(2) There is NO option to sort the sims by relationship level, only by name.
Oh and (3) It's also a pain that we have to wait for the selected sim to go over the phone and dial, for the manage group dialog box to pop up. Since it's not a real action, like calling someone, i think this action should happen instantly as you click on it.
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2005 September 15, 05:43:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Piano - as designed

Wait a second... Am I reading this incorrectly?  The Piano is SUPPOSED to stop being Fun after it's been on a lot for 24 hours?  So, I guess that professional pianists don't enjoy their work at all then, eh?

If I'm just being mentally retarded, let me know.  :-p  it wouldn't be the first time.
That's gotta be absurd: I've looked at *WHY* the piano stops being fun, and the reason it happens can only be construed as a bug: The code for the Piano's main routines is the same as from pre-Uni, but the piano's attributes have been entirely redone, and what was formerly a semi-attribute has been dumped into regular attributes....which are being stomped by the old main and overwritten with garbage values as a result. Clearly a bug.

That's what they told me, but I can certainly ask again.
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2005 September 15, 05:45:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about including the downloadables objects into the game as "official objects"
And also update the Alienware computer so it works with the new uni functions

Unfortunately the Alienware computer was created after we put some computer functionality in semiglobals for Uni (at least that's I remember being told).  I'm not sure if there are any plans to update the Alienware computer to bring it up to date with the Uni code.

Downloadables objects being included in what?  An expansion pack?
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2005 September 15, 05:50:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes, listen to JM, he knows what he's saying... i'm not.

Tis is for HatedMaxoid:

Here some stuff to consider about NightLife:
The manage groups option on the phones has some bugs, well not exactly bugs, but it is missing some things:
(1) There is NO option to rename a group. So if you want to rename a group you have to delete it and re-add the sims that were part of it, wich can be a pain since
(2) There is NO option to sort the sims by relationship level, only by name.
Oh and (3) It's also a pain that we have to wait for the selected sim to go over the phone and dial, for the manage group dialog box to pop up. Since it's not a real action, like calling someone, i think this action should happen instantly as you click on it.

These are functionality changes, not really bugs--a change like this would probably not go into the NL patch, but may be considered expanded features included in a future expansion pack (like the new Plan Outfit clothing dialog was for Nightlife).  I would suggest you post on the official BBS where the designers roam and cross your fingers your post doesn't get lost in the noise.
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 2005 September 15, 06:16:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Piano - as designed

Maxoid, please explain the thinking behind this?  Why is practicing the piano no longer fun after 24 hours?  And suddenly the only 'fun' way to play piano is to perform (awfully in the lower creativity levels) and then whine when nobody tips you at home?

EDIT: has this already been answered and I've missed it?

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: