More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 23:48:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Babynapping is back!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Babynapping is back!  (Read 3689 times)
PattyB
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Babynapping is back!
« on: 2006 March 03, 23:28:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Angry

Couple has a home based business. Toddler wandered into the store area and asked the reporter of all people to pick her up. When I closed the store, the reporter walked off the lot with my toddler! Her picture is no longer shown in the household.

What should I do? Quit without saving? Or if I save and come back in, do you think the baby will be back where she belongs?

Not at all awesome
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: Babynapping is back!
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 03, 23:44:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally, I would exit without saving.  At least then you know you'll get the kid back.

Hehe, I should rephrase this.  If it was me personally, I would breathe a sigh of relief, and be glad the kid was gone.  Tongue  For my game, however, I would exit without saving.  Wink
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 04, 01:00:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have OFB, but could you use the Tombstone of L and D to "get family member?"

I don't know if that worked in the base game either, since I didn't get it until the patch was released.
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 04, 01:05:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have the lot debugger, use the "Get Family Member" option.  It works in my OFB game.

lol, just remembered the phrase "the whole fam damily"
PattyB
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 04, 01:26:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks all.

I decided to be brave and for the good of all simmers, save and exit to see what happens.

Went back into the lot, toddler was acting like a baby in front of the mailbox. Sims could not select her. I really haven't used boolprop (only a few weeks ago I learned some of it's power in figuring out I had a hidden career that was screwing up my game).

Had to quit out and install my first hacks back - InSim Dest edition and Merola's Mirror. Used the mirror to make the "baby" selectable and then used the select age to age her up to an adult. Once she was an adult, I had the option to age her back to toddler. Saved and returned to neighborhood.

Finally, I went back into the house, the toddler was back to a toddler and finally selectable.

I think I might start a test family in a new neighborhood and see if it was only the reporter who can kidnap or if anyone can.

Not at all awesome
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 04, 02:16:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally, I would exit without saving.  At least then you know you'll get the kid back.

Hehe, I should rephrase this.  If it was me personally, I would breathe a sigh of relief, and be glad the kid was gone.  Tongue  For my game, however, I would exit without saving.  Wink

You said it Blue.. Grin

Thanks all.

Had to quit out and install my first hacks back - InSim Dest edition and Merola's Mirror. Used the mirror to make the "baby" selectable and then used the select age to age her up to an adult. Once she was an adult, I had the option to age her back to toddler. Saved and returned to neighborhood.

Doesn't the "testing Cheats" cheat make Sims selectable as well? Huh  So many hacks now!  I can't keep up. Wink

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 04, 03:46:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I had that happen to a toddler, and she was unselectable and acting like a baby, I exited and went into SimPE, where she was in fact shown as a baby.  so I aged her up to toddler there and then loaded the game again.  This time she appeared by the mailbox as a toddler, and selectable.

Zephyr Zodiac
PattyB
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 04, 15:20:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I had that happen to a toddler, and she was unselectable and acting like a baby, I exited and went into SimPE, where she was in fact shown as a baby.  so I aged her up to toddler there and then loaded the game again.  This time she appeared by the mailbox as a toddler, and selectable.

That was my original idea, but SimPE hasn't been updated for OFB Sad At least there was a round-a-bout way of getting it done in the meantime.

Not at all awesome
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 04, 15:29:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hope they don't take too long about it!  I want to get rid of GOOPY et al!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: