More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 13:00:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Can a Pregnant Woman have her baby?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can a Pregnant Woman have her baby?  (Read 6286 times)
Britney
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Can a Pregnant Woman have her baby?
« on: 2010 April 04, 17:12:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can a pregnant woman have her baby if you move her into a lot with 7 sims in it?
I'm just curious.
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Re: Can a Pregnant Woman have her baby?
« Reply #1 on: 2010 April 04, 18:23:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you could always try it out and see.  There are hacks that allow you to have more than 8 sims, you know...
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 April 04, 19:13:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In an un-modded game, I would say no.

I had a family that consisted of a mother, father, daughter, and two dogs. The father and the bitch were pregnant simultaneously. She went into "labor" first on his due-date and had a litter of 3 puppies, bringing the number of lot occupants up to 8. The father remained pregnant until the daughter aged up and left for uni, after which he spawned as scheduled.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 April 04, 19:35:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, assuming you could even get such a move-in to occur, things would function normally. The 8 sim limit is basically arbitrary and has no particularly clear reason why it is 8 and no more or less, and all the restrictions implementing it are "soft", and not part of the hardcoded game.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 April 04, 21:04:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting! I guess the operative phrase there is, "assuming you could even get such a move-in to occur". Would an un-modded game, then, balk at the move? Seems much more EAxis' style to allow the move-in and have the sim sit pregnant for eternity, rather than do something as sensible as anticipate a problem.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2010 April 04, 21:34:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah - if you try to move in sims, and one of them is pregnant with enough babies to put the house over the limit, it tells you to wait until the pregnant sim spawns.  I only had this happen once with a pregnant pet, but I'm assuming it's the same with a pregnant sim.

I wonder how you got both the father and the pet pregnant at the same time - did the pet get pregnant while he was abducted?  If he'd already been abducted, I guess it might not have checked, but normally I think it makes it impossible for a sim to even get pregnant if it would overfill the household.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 April 05, 09:51:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't remember which fell pregnant first, the dad or the bitch, but before those pregnancies there were just 5 in the house. Does anyone know if pet litter size is determined at conception, or if it's rolled randomly at spawning?

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 April 05, 14:02:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's random at birth. The game probably forgot to check for other preggos on the lot. I know that even if you have a birth that's showing up as twins, if you don't have room, only one will be born.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2010 April 05, 16:39:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Based on actual code diving*, it's determined randomly at conception, and if the number of current sims on the lot + size of litter exceeds EAxian limits, the litter size is reduced until it doesn't anymore.  With a lotfullofsims hack installed, this will have the result that you can get them to try for baby all you want, but the litter size will continue to be calculated as 0, and the pet will never get pregnant.  (That's why I had to write another hack to change that.)  It may not take into account the number of prospective babies of other pregnant sims, though.

* in the AL objects.package, anyway

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: