More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 12, 11:41:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oh for the love of God. Another glitch
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Oh for the love of God. Another glitch  (Read 3726 times)
Avie
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Oh for the love of God. Another glitch
« on: 2006 January 24, 19:56:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And how the hell this one happened is anybody's guess. Random stereo interference from my iTunes Library. I tried to put my own music content in ages ago. It did not work so I just shrugged and lived with the pre-programmed music content which whilst bloody awful at least did the business for dancing teenagers and so on.
Now I'm getting random selections from my vast iTunes library. Yes I'm a mac-user so probably deserve this by the righteous wrath of His Gatesness and actually it isn't all that annoying but what the hell gives? How can this happen?

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Oh for the love of God. Another glitch
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 24, 20:23:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You didn't let iTunes categorize the Sims music folders?
resin
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 24, 20:28:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As a Mac and music tech person, I'll help the best I can.

iTunes is sadly buggy as all heck (blame the Gates influence and the whole cross-platform nature of the program, if it makes you feel better: I know it helps me!). Problems similar to yours have been cropping up a lot lately, which suggests that the current release is the problem.

The two immediate solutions I can offer are:
1) download an older version of the program from the Apple website. This might be hard to find, since of course the current version is perfect, right??

2) purge your library, re-load the current version, and start over. This is not as horrendous as it sounds. You can just back up your mp3s to a local disk (not your hard drive) and re-load them. It'll be a little time consuming, but it's probably your best bet and more likely to work than option 1 above. Since it IS a pain, I would start with option 1 regardless.

If the problem persists, let me know, and let me know in exhaustive detail exactly what is happening. Hopefully we can whip this.
Avie
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 24, 20:40:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you having a laugh? I'm not touching my £300 quid or more of downloaded content. And no iTunes file is natively MP3. These are AAC Protected files.
I know they can be converted  but this os a PowerMac with all the latest software.

resin
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 24, 22:43:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you having a laugh? I'm not touching my £300 quid or more of downloaded content. And no iTunes file is natively MP3. These are AAC Protected files.
I know they can be converted  but this os a PowerMac with all the latest software.

mp3s that you create yourself are much more flexible, so it depends where your mp3s came from.
You downloaded them all so, yes, that makes this much more difficult, but I didn't know that, now did I?

Chances are that it's the current version (6.0.2), in which case you could wait for the fix if you don't want to dig up an older version. In the meantime, are the TS2 tracks in your library (intentionally or not)?

Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 25, 16:39:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having the same problem, and I do not have ITunes or a Mac, I have Napster and a Dell.  Sad  And I have Napster-to-go, which means that the songs are available for upload to my MP3 player and other devices without having to purchase them.  But, if I want to burn them onto a CD or use them in another file, like a Sims Movie File, I must pay the stupid .99 cents.

But, they will not show up or play in-game.  Nor are they playable by other programs like Windows Movie Maker, even AFTER I purchase them.  I use Windows Media Player to sync with my son's MP3 player, and I use it to burn CD's of the purchased songs, and have a devil of a time trying to get them to play nice together.  Napster will not recognize my son's MP3 player at all, (it's a San Disk Brand), and half the time I can't get WMP to find the files we just downloaded with Napster. Just as Napster advises, I updated my WMP to the new (10.0) version.  Still no go.  Half the time, the stupid thing adds duplicates of the existing files to the libarary instead of finding the new files like I told it to, even with the "Search for New Files Only" option. 

I have a very extensive music libary, and I would love to play my music in my game.  But, I can't figure out how to make it work.  I'm really mad at Napster and the whole music-copywrite deal.  Before I got Napster, at least the music that I ripped off my own store-bought CD's would play in game, but now they will not.   Angry
resin
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 25, 17:14:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a very extensive music libary, and I would love to play my music in my game.  But, I can't figure out how to make it work.  I'm really mad at Napster and the whole music-copywrite deal.  Before I got Napster, at least the music that I ripped off my own store-bought CD's would play in game, but now they will not.   Angry

Hmm, now THAT'S what I was wondering about. mp3s ripped from CDs are much easier to handle. Unfortunately, now your scenario implies that TS2 is to blame...not iTunes or Napster.

Sorry I'm not really more help here. These programs are buggy and intricate enough that I guess I'm better at helping in person than I am in this fomat where all I have is your typed descriptions. If we get crazy into details, I'll do my best to help, but if it is indeed a problem with the game and not a digital music problem, then we quickly find ourselves solidly outside of my realm.

Feel free to send me a personal message - both of you - if you want to pursue this further. If we make any headway, I can post the results here.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 25, 17:26:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kristal, can you burn your music to CD in a "regular" format?  The one that allows the cd to be played by any stereo?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: