More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 12:49:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Why The Hell Are You In My House?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Why The Hell Are You In My House?  (Read 12229 times)
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
Why The Hell Are You In My House?
« on: 2006 January 23, 00:11:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had this happen with a couple of different lots.  I'm wondering if it's a glitch or a "game feature" with NL.  I don't like it.   Roll Eyes

Lot #1:  Jackson was two-timing his wife with Delilah.  I had moved him into Delilah's house, and the two were raising a baby together, playing house.  Jackson's wife, Virginia, comes trotting into the house about the time that Jackson was expected home from work!!  She took a shower, used their bathroom, raided their fridge, and soaked in their hot tub.  Oh, and blessed Jackson and Delilah out, and broke up with Jackson, etc.  I figured she showed up because of her high relationship score with Jackson, and/or because of the hot tub. 

Lot #2:  Almost identical scenerio.  Kaleb had been woo hooing Suki.  He marries Mirabella.  A couple of days after the wedding, Suki charges into their home while Kaleb is at work and starts playing pool.  Mirabella slaps her.  Next day, the same thing happens!  Kaleb's at work, Mirabella is caring for their new baby, and Suki marches in and makes herself at home, watching TV. 

What's up with this?Huh 
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Why The Hell Are You In My House?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 23, 00:21:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims with high outgoing scores seem to have a habit of conducting random home invasions of people they know.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 23, 00:27:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I was just reading that someone else was having a similar problem.  But, like her, I don't think that my Virginia sim is very outgoing.  But Suki definately is. 

Sorry to post a similar thread without fully reading to see if the topic had already been addressed, btw.   Undecided
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 23, 00:53:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having the same problem:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=2794.0

And Creeper Zombie is definitely NOT outgoing.  I don't know if she ever was outgoing (she used to be a townie, but she's simped a bit).
Even at 0 outgoing points she still comes over.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 23, 00:53:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Children are supposed to be able to "home invade" their parents' home and vice versa. Unfortunately this seems to be checked by the "family" flag you can see in the relationships panel of SimPE, and this flag seems to be set sometimes without clear reason.

At least that's what explains a few of the home invasions--by Sims with relatively low outgoing scores--in my game.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 23, 01:06:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll look in Simpe for family relations.  There shouldn't be any.

If there aren't any, Zombie Creeper is going to jail.  That'll hopefully stop her.

Edit: I couldn't find any family relations in SimPe, but I did find that she used to be in love with someone who used to live there three generations ago.  He's long dead, and he's burried someplace else.  But I'm pretty sure she was already stalking the house when I figured my Alien might as well fuck her since she was coming over all the time anyway.
« Last Edit: 2006 January 23, 01:16:58 by Gwill » Logged

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
tunaisafish
Axe Murderer
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 23, 04:32:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I figured my Alien might as well fuck her since she was coming over all the time anyway.

ROTFL Grin  Gwill,  I used to think butter would not melt...

aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 23, 04:38:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I figured my Alien might as well fuck her since she was coming over all the time anyway.

ROTFL Grin  Gwill,  I used to think butter would not melt...

LMAO.....yeah I think it's your Avatar Gwill...she (you?) seems so innocent looking!  Cheesy

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 23, 04:46:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Recently I had a downtownie barge in and start rocking out to the stereo--it was an after-school teenage dance party--and I had to kick him out. He knew no one in the house and was unpleasant to everyone he talked to.

It was Houston Chen (I think that's his name?), the hipster guy with the snakeskin jacket and groovy neckerchief. He's in a love relationship with another sim in my 'hood who is a FOAF of the invaded household.  Undecided

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 23, 11:31:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LMAO.....yeah I think it's your Avatar Gwill...she (you?) seems so innocent looking!  Cheesy

Yup that's me. Cheesy People always seem to suffer under the misconception that I'm a nice person.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 January 23, 23:28:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it is a "game feature."  In fact, I have visions of the programmers sitting around drinking beer, eating pizza, and pondering the next irritant they can insert in the game.

Anyway, I've had other Sims barge into homes, use the bathroom, hot tubs, swings, and make racket on the drums half the night.  I have found, however, that if you have a resident Sim ask the intruder to leave, they do. Most of the time.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 January 24, 00:04:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have found, however, that if you have a resident Sim ask the intruder to leave, they do. Most of the time.

My Zombie stalker would leave.  And then she would return a few hours later.
She came over EVERY DAY.  Now she's equipped with an electronic prisoner tag; that seemed to work.

If any sim I was less attached to did that, they'd get the cowplant.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 January 24, 01:46:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It'd be funny if instead of causing them to not appear at all, they'd appear, shortly to be followed by the cops who drag him off again.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 January 24, 08:03:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It'd be funny if instead of causing them to not appear at all, they'd appear, shortly to be followed by the cops who drag him off again.

It would be funny once.  Or even once in a while.
It probably wouldn't be funny several times a day.  Or maybe it would?...  Cheesy But I'm evil.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 January 24, 08:40:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, as long as you're not too close to the portal, it'd be funny, since it'd just kind of be a recurring background event, where the zombie shows up, and is dragged away by men in white coats.

skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 January 24, 10:54:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^^Well I know I'd be amused anyways.

I know outgoing & family will do it... but if you move any of the Uni NPCs into your main 'hood...oh lawd..it's awful...they all do it and show up wearing the same  mascot outfit..regardless if they were once cows..cheerleaders or what have you.

D_Malachi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 January 24, 14:57:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very true on that, naturally.

One of the best incarnations of my Malachi family and their household (which I am yet unable to fully replicate), shortly after "buying" a love tub with the father's aspiration points, and kicking the parents out, no sooner had two days passed than he comes barging into the living room, through the kitchen, and hopped into the very same tub (family, and pure Leo (outgoing 10)).

Case two, in one of the incarnations of that very same family (I tend to restart my neighborhoods on a fairly constant basis) after installing University, I run my main sim through college with some others, pick up a cow mascot (bad choice), finish college, marry, etc... so, I switch to another lot, to continue playing another branched family of mine, and... now an elder, she goes straight into their house, - one once belonging to the Caliente sisters - and plopped down on the couch. Didn't even know the owners. (college NPC, high outgoing).

Yeah, Maxis and their screwy ideas for features... okay, so some of them are along the lines of "Uh... yeah, we meant to do that, therefore it's not a bug. It's a feature!" and so on and so forth, rambling on nonsensically in that direction. Just verifying what's been said.

"You can start by bringing me the head of GOATMOR!"
bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 January 24, 18:52:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh i had a sim who was invited over, having fun in the hot tub, when suddenly she decided the bushes needed trimming (which i'm very grateful), and then had a shower, and even slept in the couple's bed.

or maybe she was on crack that day, i dunno...

Our Creator was bored. Our Creator made humans. Our Creator loves Sims 2!
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 January 24, 19:19:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LMAO  Maybe she just liked to garden?
 Wink
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 January 24, 22:13:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...I did find that she used to be in love with someone who used to live there three generations ago.

That's pretty much how one of my married Sims got caught "cheating" on his Wife. He and the missus were in the bathroom, chatting away, when all of a sudden, in walks the old Townie girlfriend he hasn't even spoken to in Sim-months, without an invite or so much as a hello! She grabs the unwitting Husband, and plants a hot, wet one on him. Right in front of the Wife. Of course, Wife smacks the living crap out of him; he smacks her back; they're both in Deep Red.

If I were the Wife, I'd smack crap out of the OLD GIRLFRIEND. I'm not the wife, so I'm just gonna kill her.
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2006 January 24, 23:52:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know outgoing & family will do it... but if you move any of the Uni NPCs into your main 'hood...oh lawd..it's awful...they all do it and show up wearing the same  mascot outfit..regardless if they were once cows..cheerleaders or what have you.

Which outfit do they wear? The weird llama one from Level 1 of the (adult) Athletic career? (level 3 of the teen Athletic career)

One of my sims is going to marry a cow, I think, and I want to know what to expect! Cow invasions I can cope with, indeed, expect! But I'd prefer him to show up as the cow, not as a freaky half-head llama guy...

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
D_Malachi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 January 25, 05:46:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From my personal experience at least, by "mascot outfit," they show up in their college mascot outfit, be it either cow or llama, depending what they were. Basically, what they were in college, that's what they show up in.

"You can start by bringing me the head of GOATMOR!"
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 January 26, 03:32:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, as long as you're not too close to the portal, it'd be funny, since it'd just kind of be a recurring background event, where the zombie shows up, and is dragged away by men in white coats.

If you make it, I'll download it.  Grin

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 January 28, 17:36:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a unexpected home invation in Veronaville.  I had a house of three romance siblings(adult) and two of them had a teen(also romance).  well, most were at work--one female was in the hot tub with two of her "friends" and this guy walks in and gets into the tub.  I didn't recognize him(I'm familiar with all Townies).  I checked him out and he was a SS member from Uni that hadn't been seen yet.  Why was he in the main hood??  He had no relationship with anyone at all let alone them.  He also wasn't outgoing he was a Cancer.  I guess he got bored sitting in storage.
bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 February 08, 17:25:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

every sim is entitled to one craziness every few days, i guess Smiley

Our Creator was bored. Our Creator made humans. Our Creator loves Sims 2!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: