More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 07:55:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sims! I'm seeing Sims everywhere! o_0
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims! I'm seeing Sims everywhere! o_0  (Read 12711 times)
Syera
Exasperating Eyesore

A well-stocked toolkit can fix anything...

View Profile WWW
Sims! I'm seeing Sims everywhere! o_0
« on: 2006 January 17, 16:08:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was looking through some screencaptures of Edward Scissorhands when something caught my attention.

Lookit this screenshot:
http://terryxart.com/Ed%20Scissorhands%20039.jpg

On the mirror is a picture of a girl in a police hat.  Doesn't she look like a TS1 Sim?

The BogSims Institute - We've been updating these days...
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
Re: Sims! I'm seeing Sims everywhere! o_0
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 17, 16:21:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, yes she does. Same face and everything.

Edit : How did I do that? I need to start reading my posts before I click post. Tongue
« Last Edit: 2006 January 18, 01:16:09 by Simsbaby » Logged

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 17, 16:26:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, yes she does. Same face and everythong.

Sorry, I know it was just a typo, but "everythong" gave me a Beavis and Butthead type giggle.  Cheesy
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 17, 17:39:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, yes she does. Same face and everythong.

Sorry, I know it was just a typo, but "everythong" gave me a Beavis and Butthead type giggle.  Cheesy

Brynne!   Cheesy

I see sims everywhere, not real ones, but I find myself studying people's face structure and thinking about creating them in my game.  Especially people with very distinctive looks (Kiefer Sutherland, for example, after watching the most explosive 4 hours on TV.  Ever. Sunday and last nights)

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Syera
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 17, 20:27:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only wish I knew exactly what that picture is of, though.  She obviously isn't a Sim - Edward Scissorhands was released in 1990, long before The Sims was ever released.  She looks sort of like she might be a doll of some kind, but the face looks too symmetrical.

But boy, she sure does look like a Sim, especially those from the promo art.

Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 17, 20:31:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find myself occasionally looking at people and thinking, "That person looks just like a Sim!" or "That person would be easy to Simmify." Yes there are certain facial structures that lend themselves to being easily duplicated in the Sims. Others, not so.

The other day I was trying to determine how many "elders" really have *white* hair. Not really that many. Most women seem to still dye their hair until they're really getting up there (around 75-80?) (Speaking of which does anyone know where to get more realistic Elder hair textures? Like salt-n-pepper or streaks of gray, etc?)

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 17, 20:37:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My grandmother still dyes her hair - a kind of pale-ash blonde, and even though she just turned 75 I doubt she'll stop any time soon. She used to dye it the colour it originally was, but the paler colour suits her more than the darker would as her complexion has changed with age and health.

Anyhow, SageSims (formerly Simply Skintastic) has some good hair - http://www.sagesims.com - and so does Mermaid Cove.

Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 17, 20:53:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The other day I was trying to determine how many "elders" really have *white* hair. Not really that many. Most women seem to still dye their hair until they're really getting up there (around 75-80?) (Speaking of which does anyone know where to get more realistic Elder hair textures? Like salt-n-pepper or streaks of gray, etc?)

One of my grandmothers dyes her hair chestnut brown and the other keeps a nice ash blonde rinse going that makes her hair an undefinable yellowish-gray.  The only older women I know who go white or gray are those who can't be arsed into covering it up and those who embrace it.  My boss is salt and pepper and I covet her hair like nothing else. 

Funny that you saw that "sim" while looking at Edward Scissorhand stills.  I think that many of the "goth" sims found on the Exchange are creations straight out of Tim Burton's mind.

I'm doing a story with characters based on real people (but not real situations) and some of my nearest and dearest are so fun to turn into sims!  My mom and my boyfriend especially lend themselves to amazing likenesses because they have nice, proportional features and generic bone structure. 
« Last Edit: 2006 January 17, 20:59:53 by Batelle » Logged
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 17, 21:09:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My mom and my boyfriend especially lend themselves to amazing likenesses because they have nice, proportional features and generic bone structure. 

"Baby, you have the most proportional features and generic bone structure I've ever seen. Can I buy you a drink?"

Weirdest pickup line EVER.

Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 17, 21:11:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not so weird, Brynne, could come from an artist/art student (who are weird in and of themselves but I digress). Now, tack "...You'd make a GREAT Sim" onto that and you have something to make them back sloooowly away.  Grin

Syera
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 January 17, 22:15:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, there are people who simmify much easier than others.  Some people're nearly impossible to recreate, while others... it's nearly instant.  I've found, though, that it helps drastically to blend different pre-set features together when trying to create some of the more difficult ones.  Thataway, you can capture some of peoples' more unique features.

angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 January 17, 22:16:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about this creepy-est ever pick up line "  Hey baby you're hot, I'll make you a sim in my game".

I downloaded a set a few weeks back named "aging gracefully"  I can't remember where it's from.  I think it was TSR It's a set of salt and pepper hair for men and women that would suit a middle-aged sim perfectly

Edit :  Found it http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/sims2/search_aging

more elder stuff at : http://www.hairfish.com/mermaidcove/html/2character.html

I've found, though, that it helps drastically to blend different pre-set features together when trying to create some of the more difficult ones.  Thataway, you can capture some of peoples' more unique features.

I always avoid doing that, because I find that the resulting offspring simply don't look right.  That's why I avoid downloading famous look alike.  They don't reproduce well.  Beside it's just creepy ordering Brad Pitt to use the toilet.

« Last Edit: 2006 January 17, 22:41:10 by angelyne » Logged
Syera
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 January 17, 23:02:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always avoid doing that, because I find that the resulting offspring simply don't look right.  That's why I avoid downloading famous look alike.  They don't reproduce well.  Beside it's just creepy ordering Brad Pitt to use the toilet.

Creepy?  Creepy?!  The only thing funnier would be to order Alicia Silverstone to wear a fur and leather ensemble!   Grin

The trick behind celebrity lookalikes is to get them to where, basically, they're a Sim-stylized version of themselves.  It can be kinda hard not to get them to the point where they start looking overworked.  If you can, however, make them look like a cartoony version of the real person, your odds of having a more genetically-compatible Sim seem to be much higher.  (Near as I can tell from Create-a-Sim testing, anyway.)

Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 January 17, 23:10:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know so much about picturing people as sims, but I do regularly notice sim-like behavior in my real-life surroundings.

I was at a meeting today with several other women of varrying ages.  There were two men in the room, but they are at every meeting, and not particularly good looking.  A social worker from another agency came into the meeting to discuss one particular case.  I'd never met this social worker before, but he looked to be in his mid-twenties, a good looking young man.  The next thing I know, a few of the "professional" women were about a heart-beat away from sitting in his lap!  I was picturing him coming into the room and all those women reacting with either a romance-sim "swoon" or a cloud of hearts erupting from their thoughts.  LOL  Yes, my name is Kristal, and I am a Sims Addict.  Wink
Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 January 17, 23:10:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My mom and my boyfriend especially lend themselves to amazing likenesses because they have nice, proportional features and generic bone structure. 

"Baby, you have the most proportional features and generic bone structure I've ever seen. Can I buy you a drink?"

Weirdest pickup line EVER.

So I guess it's safe to assume that you've never been hit on at the bus stop by a guy with a black marble instead of his left eye (backstory, "the aliens took it") who told you that he thought you could need him. Wink  Once you experience that, your standards for wierd are pretty high.

Actually, my boyfriend was freaked out by his self sim.  One conversation went:

Him:  Get closer to that guy dancing all crazy
Me:  (zooooooom)
Him:  Oh my God, that's ME!  Why am I dancing all crazy?
Me:  It's fun, you like it.
Him:  Who's that woman floating in the background?  She looks like Liv Tyler.
Me:  Uh, that's me.  I'm meditating.
Him:  You don't look like Liv Tyler.
Me:  I know I don't, but I want pretty sim babies, and with my threehead, cheekbones and huge nose replicated in this game, our kids would be horrific.
Him:  Cool.  Little freaks.  I still don't want to be dancing crazy, and can't you make me a little more manly?  If you can look like Liv Tyler, I wanna be the Rock.  And doing that eyebrow thing all the time!

Syera
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2006 January 17, 23:14:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL, Batelle!   Grin  Especially that last line!

Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 January 18, 00:02:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ROTF!!!!  Now, wouldn't Liv Tyler and The Rock have beautiful sim children?   Cheesy
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 January 18, 00:10:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ROFL that conversation was hilariious.

You are lucky though, my boyfriend is not even interested enough to look at the monitor.  And if I make him, he takes one look and then goes away saying geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 January 18, 00:26:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[quote author=faemidwife link=topic=2731.msg78049#msg78049 date=113751957
Especially people with very distinctive looks (Kiefer Sutherland, for example, after watching the most explosive 4 hours on TV.  Ever. Sunday and last nights)
[/quote]
Can't have been that explosive. How many explosions were there, anyway?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 January 18, 03:14:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are lucky though, my boyfriend is not even interested enough to look at the monitor.  And if I make him, he takes one look and then goes away saying geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek.

Oh, he gets annoyed sometimes (like when I promise to do my half of the housework and, uh, don't).  My sister is the only one who truly understands the addictive nature of the sims and she only has Sims 1. 
cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 January 18, 03:21:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Chris, I study people I come in contact with all the time wondering how I could use that nose or those ears, etc. on my Sims. Cheesy  Good thing no one can read my thoughts, they'd be so totally freaked out Cheesy Cheesy

Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 January 18, 03:31:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[quote author=faemidwife link=topic=2731.msg78049#msg78049 date=113751957
Especially people with very distinctive looks (Kiefer Sutherland, for example, after watching the most explosive 4 hours on TV.  Ever. Sunday and last nights)
Can't have been that explosive. How many explosions were there, anyway?
[/quote]

Several explosions, two shot hostages, one blown up terrorist, several "taken out" bad guys, etc.  Definitely a Pescado-type show.  It's called "24"

eta:  Jack is like a young JM

C

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 January 18, 03:39:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Several explosions, two shot hostages, one blown up terrorist, several "taken out" bad guys, etc.  Definitely a Pescado-type show.  It's called "24"
That's it? I've seen a much more explosive show, where the producers used explosions a lot because it's relatively cheap to do an explosion, as opposed to more personal modes of death. The movie consisted basically entirely of 2 hours of shit blowing up, with a 90 minute sequel consisting of 90 minutes of shit blowing up. Nonstop. Even the scenes of the dialogue had the characters shouting over the explosions and gunfire in the background. And the dialogue had a habit of being spontaneously interrupted as one of the conversing characters would get shot and die, often apparently at random. Because war does not respect "main characters". Best movie ever.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 January 18, 03:41:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's it? I've seen a much more explosive show, where the producers used explosions a lot because it's relatively cheap to do an explosion, as opposed to more personal modes of death. The movie consisted basically entirely of 2 hours of shit blowing up, with a 90 minute sequel consisting of 90 minutes of shit blowing up. Nonstop. Even the scenes of the dialogue had the characters shouting over the explosions and gunfire in the background. And the dialogue had a habit of being spontaneously interrupted as one of the conversing characters would get shot and die.

Well, this was explosive not just with cheap special effects, but also with the plot which also included an assassinated president.

C

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 January 18, 06:10:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* J. M. Pescado watches the Secret Service drag off Cwieberdink.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: