More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 05:25:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How to age baby to toddler?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How to age baby to toddler?  (Read 18981 times)
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
Re: How to age baby to toddler?
« Reply #25 on: 2006 January 14, 02:31:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually wait until I get the babies diaper changed and they're fresh and ready to go.  I've had too many age transition atempts go down the drain because the baby crapped itself and all of the other sims got confused.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 January 14, 03:03:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't think babies got a memory for growing up well/badly?  They don't have an aspiration meter, so how would that work?  The sims that I've looked at in SimPE don't seem to have memories for growing up from a baby to toddler, just the age transitions after that.
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2006 January 14, 11:52:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah baby to toddler don't have Grew Up memories. But the things about AgeSims is that even if it's say, teen to adult, they stilll don't get the memories.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 January 14, 18:48:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the InSimenator and it works so well for that(and other things).  I always have trouble with the babies taking several attemps till they age to the point that the sim is about to collapse.  Using Insim to select the baby is good because it isn't temporary like the mirror.  You have the parent put the baby on the ground and select it.  You have the parent spawn the temporal mod(babies can't spawn) have the baby select "grow up me"(the grow up baby isn't 100% reliable)and the parent will pick up the baby and it will transition immediately 100% of the time.  You can use this at any time of the Sim's life--no waiting if you don't want.  I don't know about grow up memories with this.  I never thought to look.  I only do this when a Sim has lost their transition query or for babies.  I have wanted to age a tot early because twins were coming--the best way to do that is to use Insim to subtract days from their life so they only have one day left then choose "grow me up".
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 January 14, 20:01:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always use InSIM to age baby to toddlers. I don't make them selectable tho, just have mom or dad (or older sibling/relative) place the baby of the floor and have mom/dad/whoever select "grow baby up" (on the temporal mod sectional of InSIM) and they pick the baby up and transition it immediately and it can be done right after they are born if you want.

Doing it any other way(cake, etc...) always gave me looping problems  Roll Eyes

Most of the time I also use it for aging toddlers to children, they get their grow up memories and I don't have to deal with it taking hours for them to transition. course with toddlers I can make them select "grow me up" so they don't even need a parent around. Warning - never age up a toddler to child until after the school day is over for children or you get the "missed school today" message  Wink

O and you can also "select age" to age them if you want to see how they are going to look when they are older without getting "grew up" memories.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 January 15, 00:36:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for all the replies people  Smiley

I've decided that I'll try Inge's cake as that is exactly the type of thing I was looking for  Grin

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

stolen from obsessiveicons@livejournal

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 January 15, 03:14:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try the tombstone of L&D, cycle through until you see the age baby options,( I think there are 3 options) only one of them will actually age the baby. The other two I think import new characters to your family. You might want to save your game and play with this a little because I can't remember which baby option does what, but I THINK the "AGE baby"  is not the one you want, I think it is the one in lower case "age baby..." and the it gives you the option to choose which baby to age if you have more than one. I do a lot of breeding and I use this cheat a lot Grin
EDIT to add that you need to make sure babies are fed and changed before aging them and that they are not in cribs,I usually just lay them on the floor.
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2006 January 21, 21:34:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A bit late, but in the Tombstone of L & D, the various age baby options do the following:
Age Baby - top - teleports in a random female Townie and adds them to the family
Age Baby - middle - teleports in a random male Townie and adds them to the family
Only AGE BABY... Name - bottom & also in all caps - actually ages the baby. Somewhat belatedly, according to my notes Smiley. Make sure you have aging on if you're trying to age a baby Smiley.

Other oddities of debug mode:
Change Suit Naked actually changes the sim into Formal
and Change Suit Formal changes the sim to Naked or Undies, depending on Outgoingness.

Very strange...

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 January 22, 02:20:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know what CINECAM Baby does?
Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 January 22, 02:42:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A bit late, but in the Tombstone of L & D, the various age baby options do the following:
Age Baby - top - teleports in a random female Townie and adds them to the family
Age Baby - middle - teleports in a random male Townie and adds them to the family
Only AGE BABY... Name - bottom & also in all caps - actually ages the baby.
Well, I guess I got that bass ackwards didn't I? Cheesy
Rainbow, when I first got the game I went to town with boolprop and tried most everything once  (damn that NPC remote control car! lol) and I don't remember the cinecam thing as being anything that I found very interesting. I think it is only one of the cutaway scenes of a baby aging or being born or some such. But then again I could be totally wrong about that Tongue
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 January 22, 07:27:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess that explains it then, I can't get cutscenes, and all I saw was the baby grow up.  That was a while back, like you said, after I learned about testingcheats and tried everything out.  Smiley  I never even knew there were cutscenes in the game until I heard someone mention it on one of the boards.
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2006 January 24, 22:10:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know what CINECAM Baby does?

CINECAM Baby makes a baby clone of the sim you shift-clicked on. The clone is created instantly and added to the family, without anyone needing to become pregnant or waiting three days. (This is how I obtained the baby in the cloning tank in my SimFreezepop "Science Genius Girl" story). It uses the same rule as self-pollination, in other words, the baby will be a genetic clone with opposite gender. It will also be named "Baby Boy" or "Baby Girl" Surname, but you can change the name with SimPE, or I think with TestingCheats, although I can't remember how off the top of my head.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 January 25, 05:50:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really, I must have been brain dead not to have noticed a cloned baby with the cinecam thing. I might have to go back and play with that some more Grin
And the renaming option is on the tombstone of L&D too. I love that tombstone!
Thanks Baratron
SIMplyLisa
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 January 25, 16:50:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OT : So is there a list anywhere that goes through all the tombstone of L&D and the Mailbox and other builtin Cheats objects and lists what they do?
I use some of them all the time but others I don't know what they do so I leave them alone. Looks like from this thread I have a few more to play with now!
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 January 25, 17:00:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd about pay good money for that list.  Well, I guess I have, thinking of my subscription fees here.  Wink

Anyway, I use Merola's Multi-Painting the most.  Choose:  baby: subtract 1 day.  I think the baby is only an infant for 2 days.  Sometimes if I use baby:  substract 3 days it's like overkill and the baby gets stuck. 
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 January 25, 21:25:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Babies are infants for 3 days, but they age at 6 pm, so it may appear to be only 2 because the first day isn't very long sometimes.
Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 January 25, 21:45:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Partial list here that I found interesting http://www.sims99.com/articles/boolprop-testing.php
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 January 25, 23:26:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Out of curiosity, what's the point of speeding up the transition time?  I find the time useful to build a relationship between the infant and parents.  On the other hand, I always have one parent at home or one of my own nannies in residence if both parents work the same schedule.

But I will echo that the birthday cake has always worked for my game. 

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 January 25, 23:32:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree, ZiggyDoodle.  I find the time valuable as well, and many times my parents are best friends with the toddlers soon after transition.  But I think some people find the babies boring and wish to age them up to toddlers as soon as possible because they are more interesting and they are controllable.
SIMplyLisa
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 January 26, 00:02:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the baby stage too, its easy just turn on the eye in the sky and forget about them! I do get a bit impatient to see what they will look like when they turn into tuxedo clad toddlers.

TaWanda - thanks for the link!
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 January 26, 02:06:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Roll Eyes  Limited playing time.  I only have an hour or two a few nights a week, and then maybe an afternoon or evening every other weekend to give my undivided attention to my Sims.  If I didn't speed them up a little, I'd never get anywhere. 
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 January 26, 03:39:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what I like about Macrotastics and JM's mods in particular.  I can set them up doing stuff I want and speed up the game to triple speed, then slow it down when I want to do something special or take pictures. Smiley
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 January 26, 04:17:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use Insimenators Temporal Mod to get babies to grow up early.

ISFJ
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 January 26, 14:13:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what I like about Macrotastics and JM's mods in particular.  I can set them up doing stuff I want and speed up the game to triple speed, then slow it down when I want to do something special or take pictures. Smiley

I do the same thing, Rainbow.  I particularly love autosoc, the phone hack, macro:clean and "The Skillinator".  Smiley  I can set each member of the family to doing tasks or socializing friends, and then turn the speed up and just keep an eye on their needs.  When they get tired or hungry or need to pee, I stop the action and then send them to fill their needs.  They stay happy, and get things done a little faster. 

I also see what you're saying about the baby growing up in 3 days, not 2.  I think that the reason I thought it was 2 is because at 6 pm on the second day we can throw a party and let them transition using the cake. 
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 January 26, 15:33:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When they get tired or hungry or need to pee, I stop the action and then send them to fill their needs.  They stay happy, and get things done a little faster. 

If you have them on Power Idle, Macrotastics will take care of that for you as well.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: