More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 22, 01:21:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Widower can't get married again
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Widower can't get married again  (Read 4823 times)
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
Widower can't get married again
« on: 2006 March 06, 13:31:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a widower who can't propose engagement even though he's 100/100 with another Sim, they're in love, and they have 2 bolts for each other.  Any idea why?

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Widower can't get married again
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 06, 13:36:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably the marriage ties didn't get broken. The easy way to fix this is to sell the grave of the wife, but that gets rid of the ghost and all her character data forever. You could also do this in SimPE.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
momtogirls
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 06, 17:45:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible the intended is already joined?  I wasn't paying attention, and tried to marry Checo Ramirez (that just goes to show that paying attention is a good thing) and when I actually LOOKED, realized he was already married...hence the inabilty to propose to him.  Funny, he was all gung ho to move in.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 06, 18:48:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fixing them in SimPe works but if you have EP3 then SimPe hasn't been updated yet.  The InSIMinator seems to be working and they have an option to sever family ties.  I have used that and it works but the option is for sims on the lot.  It also works for sims over the phone.  I haven't used it for the dead but their names do appear when they are haunting.  It might be worth a try.  Consort always has to be fixed after he dies.  For some reason he just doesn't want to leave his young wife.
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 06, 19:48:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, the intended isn't already married.  She's fresh out of college and has never had romantic interactions with anyone else.

SimPE isn't out yet for OFB, so I can't use that.  I hadn't thought of selling the grave maker.  Of course, I now have to remember where I left the grave marker, because I haven't played this particular Sim for about a year, and his first wife died on another lot.  I abandoned him because he was rich and perma-plat and thus boring.  I initially grabbed him again to test running a business since he has lots of cash.  As a side effect, I noticed that the SemiPermaPlat mod makes him worth playing again.

- Gus

angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 06, 21:26:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah I starting to think that business are best suited for older retired semi-retired sims that are perma-plat.  It's really hard to pay attention to a starting business AND satisfy their wants AND doing skilling all at the same time.
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 06, 22:27:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I deleted her headstone and he still can't propose.  I guess I have to wait for SimPE to be updated.  By which time he'll probably be dead of old age.

- Gus

akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 06, 22:31:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Resurrect her and break them up?

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 06, 23:10:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Too late for that.  Once the headstone is deleted, you can't resurrect them.  Besides, that isn't something I want in my narrative.

- Gus

Mike
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 06, 23:15:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a widower who can't propose engagement even though he's 100/100 with another Sim, they're in love, and they have 2 bolts for each other.  Any idea why?

- Gus

Did you happen to download the updated post mortem hack JMP made? It made it so the marriage ties are completely when death occurs. Im not sure if this hack was updated for OFB though...
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 07, 03:53:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought I'd installed that, but in fact I had not.  It's listed as not requiring changes for OFB.

- Gus

akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 07, 04:49:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Putting that in probably won't affect this particular case as far as I know, of course. Personally, I'd probably look into re-killing the wife after installing the fix -- if you can figure out how to make her selectable (I can't help you there), then the Lot Debugger has an option to respawn a tombstone, and I never consider anything that I have to do to resolve a glitch to be part of my narrative unless it makes an interesting part of said narrative.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: