More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 06:02:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Managers, have anyone successfully trained a townie/NPC manager yet?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Managers, have anyone successfully trained a townie/NPC manager yet?  (Read 4844 times)
LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Managers, have anyone successfully trained a townie/NPC manager yet?
« on: 2006 March 06, 19:53:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seem like if you can get a manager to watch your community lot business, you can make money by just calling in?(right/wrong?)
how are you gonna do that? since npc employees usually have low skills (means much slower to get badges), and they wont last as long since they are not very good at handling their needs efficiently when they are taking a break...
it could be forever (literally) to get an npc to have 5 badges
Just wondering if anyone have succesffully done it and is it worth it?
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Re: Managers, have anyone successfully trained a townie/NPC manager yet?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 06, 19:57:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got two townie managers!

I haven't seen much of what money is made when you call in, though!  The thing is, it's not 5 badges that they must have, it's five badge points - which is essentially 1 gold, 1 silver and you are there.  A lot of townies have random badges assigned, so it really isn't that hard.

LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 06, 20:02:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

see, that's the problem
when i use phone option to hire employee, it always only list that 4-5 guys
i met a lot of new townies/npc in the shopping town and made alot of frineds but they are not shown on the hire list
the only way i can know what skill/badges they have is by calling them and pause then use the mindcontrol mirror to check their stats, which is a pain in the butt
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 06, 20:09:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a couple townie managers but the check in on business thing doesn't work that great for me anyways so there isn't a huge advantage to me  anyways.  You can call every night after midnight to get a new random selection of employees to hire.  Every once in a while you'll get lucky and they'll be somebody in there  with a few silver/gold badges.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 06, 20:11:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

it's like the jobs in the paper - different day, different townies for hire.
LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 06, 20:13:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a couple townie managers but the check in on business thing doesn't work that great for me anyways so there isn't a huge advantage to me  anyways.  You can call every night after midnight to get a new random selection of employees to hire.  Every once in a while you'll get lucky and they'll be somebody in there  with a few silver/gold badges.
what does the check in actually do?
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 06, 20:15:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How much money do the managers actually put out?  Because right now my business is generating somewhere between 15k-33k a day.
pamysue
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 06, 21:46:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From the guide:  (with a bunch of useless words deleted as I'm typing on my laptop)

The amount of income the owner recieves each day is based on the hourly average income from the lot over the last five sessions as shown in the Cash Tracker.

The daily decay can be reduced by two-thirds if the owner calls into the business each day.  Even in the owner calls diligently however the business stops producing daily income after nine days.

Your Sim needs to check in each day for each business.  When Sims call to check in, a progress bar marking the process of the call appears above their head.  The higher a Rank the business has, the shorter amount of time this consumes.

The first day of remote running, the base income is automatically reduced by 20%.  Also, the first day and each day after owners allow a business to run without them, the amount of income decreases by 30%.

To restore remote income to full (if it hasn't completely decayed away) or restart it, the owner must travel to the store and run it for at least four hours.  The next day, the new income will be based on a new hourly average and decay starts over from there.

There's also tons of formulas in the text that makes this even more confusing.  Smiley

It's a shame that stupidity isn't painful.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 06, 22:13:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks pamysue for the info, i'd rather stick with the 15-33k a day then let it degrade like that.  Of course if i'm SERIOUSLY busy like with a new baby or something i'd probably use it.
LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 07, 12:41:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From the guide:  (with a bunch of useless words deleted as I'm typing on my laptop)

The amount of income the owner recieves each day is based on the hourly average income from the lot over the last five sessions as shown in the Cash Tracker.

The daily decay can be reduced by two-thirds if the owner calls into the business each day.  Even in the owner calls diligently however the business stops producing daily income after nine days.

Your Sim needs to check in each day for each business.  When Sims call to check in, a progress bar marking the process of the call appears above their head.  The higher a Rank the business has, the shorter amount of time this consumes.

The first day of remote running, the base income is automatically reduced by 20%.  Also, the first day and each day after owners allow a business to run without them, the amount of income decreases by 30%.

To restore remote income to full (if it hasn't completely decayed away) or restart it, the owner must travel to the store and run it for at least four hours.  The next day, the new income will be based on a new hourly average and decay starts over from there.

There's also tons of formulas in the text that makes this even more confusing.  Smiley

OK, my business is making something like 15k a day on average, so one day i was home and decided to check in, after short while of talking (my ranking is 8 ) the manager told me everything is fine and thats it!!!!! No money nothing at all
tried a few more times and all the same what is the problem??
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 07, 12:50:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, my business is making something like 15k a day on average, so one day i was home and decided to check in, after short while of talking (my ranking is 8 ) the manager told me everything is fine and thats it!!!!! No money nothing at all

Did you use a regular phone?  (I've read the cell phones are buggy for calling the manager)
pamysue
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 07, 18:50:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Income from the remote business arrives at midnight each day.  If a business's hourly average is a loss (less than $0) the owner simply recieves $0 each day they don't personally run the business: they won't ever remotely lose money.

Sorry, that was in a Note box.  Should have included it the first time probably.  Hope that helps.

It's a shame that stupidity isn't painful.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 07, 19:15:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Income from the remote business arrives at midnight each day.  If a business's hourly average is a loss (less than $0) the owner simply recieves $0 each day they don't personally run the business: they won't ever remotely lose money.

Ah, knew I'd seen that somewhere, but couldn't remember where. So the manager phone call will never mention money because that notice is separate.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: