More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 16:02:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Does this make sense?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Does this make sense?  (Read 117203 times)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Does this make sense?
« Reply #150 on: 2005 November 04, 20:04:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

VS kind of annoyed me because TJ just seemed to vanish into thin air... no post, no nothing... so the first place i came was here. It seems like they're taking out their frustration on innocent bystanders who are just curious to ask. Undecided
Things sure have taken a change over the past year  Cheesy

Actually, there was a goodbye thread but, yep, you guessed it. It got deleted.  Roll Eyes
Actually, his goodbye thread is still there, I just checked.  It's locked though.  And I noticed something else.  I know a lot of people don't pay attention to reputation but I thought this was interesting in an ironic way.  I had like 16 or so reputation points before all this happened, but now I have 0.  I noticed that the rep box under my avatar is now gray instead of green.  When I hover my mouse over it, it says "rainbow is not okay."  Before it said "rainbow is okay."  TwoJeffs had two green boxes, which is what he had before.  I've given him lots of rep when I can, but you can only give once and then you have to give to others and only so much per day.  Lately I'd been giving Rentech neg rep for her off-the-wall posts, but now she has a full row of green boxes that say "Rentechd is cool."  Queen has almost as many and it says, "Queen is kind of cool."  JMP has almost a full row of red boxes that say he is "not that cool."  Out of curiosity, I looked up Inge, but she still has the one green box that says "Inge is just like you or me."  (Which isn't true because she isn't like me, I'm not okay, remember? Tongue)

So this just proves what others have said about that reputation rating system being a crock.  It means nothing because the admins can go in and fix the ratings on people they like or don't like.  It still ticks me off though.  Rentech has said nothing to me, except when I posted Phedge's potty hack that people requested, giving all due credit to Phedge, but she still pitched a fit and removed it.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2005 November 04, 20:28:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, his goodbye thread is still there, I just checked.  It's locked though. 

What forum is that in? It must not be in a very high profile place. His section is gone and the front page is too busy bragging about Vampcat's gun to mention that oh, only their most high profile remaining modder has left. I admit to not reading the chat areas there, but I've seen several other people around various places asking what happened to TwoJeffs so I am apparently not the only one who overlooked this thread.

It's probably for the best in my case though, I don't want to see it. Tongue

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2005 November 04, 20:56:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, his goodbye thread is still there, I just checked.  It's locked though.

What forum is that in? It must not be in a very high profile place. His section is gone and the front page is too busy bragging about Vampcat's gun to mention that oh, only their most high profile remaining modder has left. I admit to not reading the chat areas there, but I've seen several other people around various places asking what happened to TwoJeffs so I am apparently not the only one who overlooked this thread.

It's probably for the best in my case though, I don't want to see it. Tongue
It was in his Soapbox forum, but it was moved.  It's under Sims 2™ Community Links, Site Updates and Announcements  > Site Links.  I got to it from my Subscribed links page. 

Another interesting anomaly I've discovered is that my Contributor access has vanished.  I was going to delete my Elder undies upload since it's not needed anymore, but it seems I'm not allowed to do that.  I can't even access the attachment to remove it from the thread.  Also the thread I started with my toddler hair replacement upload has vanished entirely.  Other than that, everything is just peachy.  Tongue
Baddmark
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2005 November 05, 00:42:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was in his Soapbox forum, but it was moved.  It's under Sims 2™ Community Links, Site Updates and Announcements  > Site Links.

So it got moved to "Site Links" but any linking to the site is "Blocked by Linked Site"? This gets better and better.  Grin
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2005 November 05, 00:46:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks like VS has picked up some new modders as well.  Has anyone heard of SixStringSlim and Kaliburr?  I've never heard of Kaliburr, but I know that SixStringSlim was on Livin' It Up.  Oh and there is someone named SunnySimSim.  It's weird seeing the other mods welcoming the newcomers to the site as though all is well in the world and none of this other stuff just went down, but I guess they are trying to move on.  I just don't think this stuff is going to go away that easily, and as we all know, if you don't take care of the underlying problem, it's just going to keep coming back up.

I noticed that tonight. I can't help but worry about these poor guys. Do they know what they're getting into? Noooo because evidence is being stripped away as we speak, I'm sure.
Noooo they have no clue what mess they walked into. personally Ive never heard of any of the new modders there

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2005 November 06, 00:02:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

More drama.  I posted a reply on this thread back in July:

http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/showthread.php?p=27112

It was right after JMP left VS, and Rentech instituted the reputation system.  As most of you might know, Rentech redid the "monikers" that relate to post count because if I recall correctly, JMP had something to do with the previous ones and she didn't like them.  So I mentioned that I noticed that everyone's moniker had changed in my post.  Now several months later, after several people have posted between then and now, she decides to reply to my post.  And she does so in a manner to make it sound as though I were obtuse and pointing out the obvious, although her post is filled with spelling errors as most of her posts lately are. Huh  My comment about monikers had nothing to do with rep.  I try to point this out, but when I reply, my reply does not show up on the thread.  So I try posting again, with the same result.  It has yet to show up.  Someone else responded and their response went right through.  So I figure I must be on "moderated status" like Inge is, although I've not said anything over there in a long time.  It doesn't even show me as a moderated user as I have seen labeled on others' accounts.  I thought I'd share the latest in the continuing saga.   Undecided

Here's the relevant portion of the thread and my response in case it never gets posted:

Old  July 15th, 2005, 06:26 PM       #23
rainbow
Jabberwocky

Posts/Thanks: 239/265

Re: Would you use a remove reputation button?
I have been using the add to reputation button but have yet to see anyone's reputation change. How much does it take to make it change? Also, has anyone noticed that everyone's moniker has changed?

Today, 03:43 PM        #34
Rentechd
Site Owner

Posts/Thanks: 1,402/54
Reputation: Rentechd is coolRentechd is coolRentechd is coolRentechd is coolRentechd is coolRentechd is coolRentechd is coolRentechd is coolRentechd is cool

Re: Would you use a remove reputation button?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow
I have been using the add to reputation button but have yet to see anyone's reputation change. How much does it take to make it change? Also, has anyone noticed that everyone's moniker has changed?

I made it clear from the being, that to avoid 'gie me reputation' posts that reputation has nothing to do with titles or 'moniker'. The Title a person, as a regular member is due to an algorythm based on number posts divided by a secret receipe to keep people from just posting to get the title change. Other titles are changed because some access leves have the right to use a custom title - it would not work to have rep cahnge a title someone picked from themselves or had to change back to what they wanted all the time.

All repulation goes is to making the reputation image darker or lighter or to add addition rep graphics. That is all it does.

My response which hasn't shown up yet.

I'm not sure why you are just now responding to this.  I originally posted this way back in July right after a certain modder left this site.  The monikers all changed at that time, and I had just noticed it.  It had nothing to do with the reputation button.

Speaking of which, I don't seem to have a reputation button anymore, do you know why that is?  I had 16 reputation points at one time, but they are gone now.

P.S.  I tried to post this before, but it didn't go through for some reason.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2005 November 06, 00:09:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL I bet she went through here and wrote all our names down and put us all on moderated status. We've all got the scarlett letter it seems.

Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2005 November 06, 01:11:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oddysey, I think it is, does this stuff better, you know the 'double plus ungood' stuff, but this whole situation does feel really orwellian to me. Disappearing text, text which gets altered in the night and an undercurrent of secrecy on shifting sands. Threads here are helping to create a sense of continuity and reality, validating peoples' knowledge of things that have happened.

Eh? What? Did I miss something? What is it that I do? And if I don't do it, who does?

Oddysey: the Terminally Clueless.

I must agree, though. It is quite Orwellian. And I'm thinking that it may be time to bring out the "Ye Olde Revelator" schtick and unleash upon Rentech and Co. Or possibly point out, in a bad russian accent, that "Boris is not sending seven PMs, since Boris is not talking to anyone, let alone Rentech person. Boris would tell Rentech this himself, but is too busy leaving country to be involving self in paranoid fantasies."

I still occasionally read there, but haven't posted or tried to post in ages. I'll have to check to see if I'm on moderated or otherwise experiencing account weirdness. If I am, it may be time to dust off yet another persona. "Human, door, separate! Must fix!" <powers up arcwelder>
Countess
theisz
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2005 November 06, 02:33:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL I bet she went through here and wrote all our names down and put us all on moderated status. We've all got the scarlett letter it seems.

LOL Funny you should say that.  After my comment in Twojeffs goodbye thread she put me said status.  What I find even funnier is I haven't been back since and won't be going back.  Only my opinion but, Rentwit is seriously suffering from borderline personality or Bi-Polar disorder.  Hell maybe it's a mix of the two.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2005 November 06, 03:44:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL Funny you should say that.  After my comment in Twojeffs goodbye thread she put me said status.  What I find even funnier is I haven't been back since and won't be going back.  Only my opinion but, Rentwit is seriously suffering from borderline personality or Bi-Polar disorder.  Hell maybe it's a mix of the two.
she is defntely suffering from something and you maybe right.I wonder how many more of us would be thrown into the same pool if she ventured over here to read what the majority of us really think of her bizarre behavior. personally speaking it would make my day if she would ban me or rather throw me into abyss aas has done to you and others here.

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2005 November 06, 03:55:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm really surprised my rep hasn't greyed out yet after my reply in rainbow's thread at VS. Maybe she didn't catch that I was mocking her typos...
Thank you for thanking me, rainbow!  Wink
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2005 November 06, 04:05:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm really surprised my rep hasn't greyed out yet after my reply in rainbow's thread at VS. Maybe she didn't catch that I was mocking her typos...
well if she greys you out then I'm sure to be next as I just thanked you and replied to your post

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2005 November 06, 04:11:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it's really all I could do. Wink
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2005 November 06, 04:21:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was obvious that I was mocking her, wasn't it? It just occured to me that she may think "beginning" is actually spelled "being"...
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2005 November 06, 04:26:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was obvious that I was mocking her, wasn't it? It just occured to me that she may think "beginning" is actually spelled "being"...
I thought so, but you know how they say sarcasm is lost on some people...
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2005 November 06, 04:27:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes it was obvious. however something tells me  Rentech Knows how beginning is spelled  but had her undies in a wad over Rainbows post. because Rentech doesnt appear to like anyone second guessing or questioning her  God -Complex. but thats just my own opinon any way

Countess
theisz
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2005 November 06, 07:03:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh the omnipotent self serving god (goddess) like Rentwit is the be all to end all.  She has achieved enlightenment and yeah…lost her damn mind.
gypsylady
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2005 November 06, 07:21:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like she has delusions of granduer and is a legend in her own mind
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2005 November 06, 13:39:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like she has delusions of granduer and is a legend in her own mind
its a shame its a legend only in her own mind  Undecided

laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2005 November 06, 16:42:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, the woman AIN'T RIGHT. In the name of all that's good, just ignore the silly cow and hope that someone will take pity on her and get her to the nearest quack. After all, I've read the posts she's made and they're definitely tinged with something that's not quite sane.

Meh...
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2005 November 06, 17:06:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, the woman AIN'T RIGHT. In the name of all that's good, just ignore the silly cow and hope that someone will take pity on her and get her to the nearest quack. After all, I've read the posts she's made and they're definitely tinged with something that's not quite sane.
for the most part I do as she is failing miserably at being a legend in her own time Roll Eyes

Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2005 November 06, 17:48:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(twitching)  Oh, so much, so much to say.  Just read all this, processing, wishing to God that I could process all this quicker. . . .

1)  I was the one who asked JMP about posting links on WorldSims.  I did, and they worked as far as I know.  I never once got any negative feedback about them not working, or about them not going to the exact thread I meant them to go to. 

2)  I had not posted much over there since JMP moved here.  When I did, I felt a negaitive undercurrent, not just from the Mods, but from those who remain regulars.  Just little, sarcastic comments that made me feel unwelcome.  Like the type little children make jokes at the expense of the substitue teacher.  The last straw was the Jack Thompson thing.  I have been VERY OUTSPOKEN against Jack Thompson and censorship of TS2 at every forum I visit.  In every other place I have posted, my comments seemed well-recieved.  Rentched threatened to ban me or anyone else who mentioned his name on her and closed the thread after my comments.  Sad  I haven't went back.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2005 November 06, 18:35:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why? Let me guess, she supports his prudish nonsense?  Roll Eyes

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2005 November 06, 18:55:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why? Let me guess, she supports his prudish nonsense?  Roll Eyes
apparently she does  and Thompson really seems to have it in for  the Sims 2  default Ken and  Barbie  bodies. he would no doubt have caniptions if he saw  my unblurred anatomically correct sims Kiss

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2005 November 06, 19:00:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If he and Rennie have issues with that sort of non nude 'nudity' then they ought to take it up with Mattel because kids of have been seeing that on Barbie and Ken dolls since the 60s. Tongue

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: