More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 08:49:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Exceeding max traits on WA. Looking for some info.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Exceeding max traits on WA. Looking for some info.  (Read 4153 times)
KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
Exceeding max traits on WA. Looking for some info.
« on: 2009 December 03, 20:52:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi hi,

Okay, so I've got a few questions here, I havent been able to find anything about this, so I'm assuming it's either a "Common knowledge" thing, where I just happen to be one of the ignorant ones, or it's one of those things where it just hasn't seemed important enough for anyone to ask about it. (Or else google has finally failed me!)
     I have both AM, and Twallan's supercomputer installed. Rather than use the "Addtrait" command, I've been using the master controller, because of the ability to add several traits at once. Anyways, upon giving my selected sim 15 or so traits, I get a message in the top right of the screen saying I have "Exceeded the maximum of 5 traits" and that I will "Lose the extra traits when I go on vacation".
     Not sure if this message is from AM, Twallan, or even EA for that matter. Though I'm going to assume its part of the supercomputer, since it occurs right after using the master controller. Anyways, here are my questions, if anyone might know anything about this...

---  1.) So *if* this is a supercomputer-specific issue, can anyone say if this will affect only extra traits added through the master controller? or does having the supercomputer installed affect extra traits of any sim going on vacation, including those added through AM? (Or vice versa if it's an AM thing)

---  2.) If this is a mod specific issue, so only traits added through that mod will be affected, whereas traits added from elsewhere are left alone, I'm further confused. A trait is a trait. I imagine these mods/commands simply "Checking off" a lil box somewhere that says whether or not your sim has that trait. Why would the source of this matter so much? Unless one of the mods is like a traits-plus, where it checks the box and adds in some extra code telling the traits to disappear while traveling?

---  3.) If this is an EA message (Which I doubt) or if this is part of a "Safety measure" that one of the mods took to prevent errors or something. (I don't see why else traits would need to "Disappear" while traveling.)  Then what is it about traveling and WA that causes issues with exceeding the max 5 traits?

Anyways, any info on this would be appreciated.

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. ~Ayn Rand
Tever
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Exceeding max traits on WA. Looking for some info.
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 03, 22:48:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since you have AM, make sure you have the option that removes the max trait limit enabled in the config tool. You might have disabled it and forgotten or not even realized.
KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 04, 00:02:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since you have AM, make sure you have the option that removes the max trait limit enabled in the config tool. You might have disabled it and forgotten or not even realized.

Just checked and it's enabled. So should I assume that message had to do with an EA rule, which AM overwrites? Hence the message may be ignored?

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. ~Ayn Rand
Tever
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 04, 00:31:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Honestly, I've never seen that message before. Backup your game, then try going on vacation and see what happens.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 04, 01:18:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've gotten the message as well. And I could only add a maximum of 3 more traits to the person, (8 total) which sucked. I too use the supercomputer and awesomemod.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 December 04, 01:21:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like a case of tight pants on the non-awesomeware, soldier. I use AM only, no other faggotry and I've never gotten that message and I've had up to 11 traits linked to my self-sim.

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." - Dean Martin
<Pescado>   Because hey, sometimes you have fun, and sometimes fun has you.
KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 December 04, 01:47:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Honestly, I've never seen that message before. Backup your game, then try going on vacation and see what happens.

Took your advice, backed up, and tested. (Should have done so to begin with) And despite what that message said , the traits did not disappear. So no worries about that so far.

I've gotten the message as well. And I could only add a maximum of 3 more traits to the person, (8 total) which sucked. I too use the supercomputer and awesomemod.

I only just barely noticed this,but tried stuff out on it. I was able to just "Clear" the traits off of the sim all together, and then added 22 with the mod. it accepted, and they stayed.

Looks like a case of tight pants on the non-awesomeware, soldier.

I'm completely aware this all started by having the two mods together.  I had guessed this was something that was part of the supercomputer, and guessed if I had removed it, I wouldn't have to worry about the message. Though I didn't start this topic to ask for help in getting the message to go away, or how to fix anything. (The answer for that I realize is just to take out the extra mod)
      The whole thing just made me curious is all, and was just looking for some enlightenment. The fact there was a message at all about max traits and vacation, made me wonder if having too many traits would cause a problem, wondered since AM has no such message if the problem was insignificant, or not there. And wondered if the two did conflict, just how that was possible, and how it was supposed to work, it hadn't made sense to me.

byronh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 December 04, 04:47:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a message created by a Twallanian mod, because I don't currently have Awesomemod installed and I've seen that message. I don't think there's any reason to be concerned because I've taken Sims on vacation before without them losing any traits.

I suspect you'd be better off asking at Twallan's site (Crazy Town) instead of here.
KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 December 04, 05:25:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suspect you'd be better off asking at Twallan's site (Crazy Town) instead of here.

I'll take your suggestion. Since I had questions that referred to both mods, and how they act together with this.  I had been debating over where to ask this. Now that I know it is definitely a supercomputer only issue, I suppose  you are right in that it would be best to find out there why it was put in. Thank you.

^_^ Also thanks everyone else for your comments/thoughts/replies.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: