More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 13, 09:49:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Sims won't change clothing, and odd things happen afterward.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims won't change clothing, and odd things happen afterward.  (Read 14692 times)
Miao
Asinine Airhead

ISTP/INTP

View Profile
Sims won't change clothing, and odd things happen afterward.
« on: 2011 November 19, 06:45:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having a little problem with at least one of my Sim households. I start playing them on in-game Friday, and by Monday, one of them will be unable to change his/her clothing despite having done the "twirl". The funny thing is, when I direct him/her to the dresser to change clothing, the correct outfit is displayed, and s/he retains it after exiting CAS. Twice I have created a new save file while this is occurring, and the consequences were not good upon opening either of the new saves.

I made the first new save after the female Sim fell victim to this glitch, and the result after loading the new save file was that the UI and Sims completely disappeared. Note that none of the Sims in this neighborhood have gone to a WA location for quite some time, since I had a very similar problem happen the last time I tried that, which resulted in me having to revert to a backup.

It was the male Sim who couldn't change when I made the second save, and the result after loading the new save was that he disappeared from the household. He appeared in his girlfriend's relationship panel, but with randomized clothing, a generic face, and differently-colored eyes. She could not chat or invite him over.

I have the newest patch (1.26), all EPs except Pets, and HELS as my only Stuff Pack. I have the latest build of Awesomemod. I used RigFix to fix all of my objects, but did not individually fix the beds because I have consolidated nearly all of my CC into a few dbc files. I don't have the original packages saved (bad move, I know), and I have no time to look through those enormous dbcs for the rig files of all of the custom content beds. I have tried deleting cache and thumbnail files, and I decrapify everything before I start up the game. Is it possible that this save game has just become too bloated? I have no idea what may be causing this, so please be kind if this turns out to be a problem caused by a non-Awesome mod.

FYI, I did a search of MATY and found one thread about this same issue, but the solution proffered doesn't apply to me. Other searches haven't proven useful.

I also have this odd career-related glitch in which one Sim is always "missing work" even on his days off. I'm putting this out just in case the two glitches may be related. In the meantime, I'll try removing mods and CC to see if I can at least identify what kind of content is causing these glitches.

Thanks in advance.

Traits: Unflirty, Loner, Frugal, Neurotic, No Sense of Humor, Good, Perfectionist.
Loves: spaghetti, indie, and lilac.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Re: Sims won't change clothing, and odd things happen afterward.
« Reply #1 on: 2011 November 19, 15:04:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like you've pretty much fucked yourself by ignoring the warning to keep a backup of the files you merged, not that you've given me any reason to believe in your ability to troubleshoot with them.  They warn you for a reason:  just because something is compatible with your game now doesn't mean it will still be compatible when new EPs come out.  Even something as seemingly harmless as custom clothing can be a gamebreaker when an EP changes how the game works.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Miao
Asinine Airhead

ISTP/INTP

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 November 20, 08:30:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just so you know, I have done my own troubleshooting--successfully, I should add--when issues came up previously. I only post when all of my options have been exhausted, or I'm pressed for time. Since I have already acknowledged that I fucked myself by not keeping the original files, I was looking for more than just an admonition (which I do appreciate, by the way, but which doesn't help right now). Even though I know that my options are limited at this point, it would be useful for me to know why this is happening--a script mod, a core mod, an item of clothing or hair, CC beds with unfixed RIG files, etc.--so that I'll know what to watch for in order to avoid the same problem in the future.

Traits: Unflirty, Loner, Frugal, Neurotic, No Sense of Humor, Good, Perfectionist.
Loves: spaghetti, indie, and lilac.
bitterquill
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 November 20, 10:43:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You haven't done any troubleshooting but expect us to know what is wrong? How do you think that works?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 November 20, 11:06:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 November 20, 23:20:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even though I know that my options are limited at this point, it would be useful for me to know why this is happening--a script mod, a core mod, an item of clothing or hair, CC beds with unfixed RIG files, etc.--so that I'll know what to watch for in order to avoid the same problem in the future.

I have it narrowed down to a script mod, core mod, item of clothing or hair, a cc bed with unfixed RIG files, or possibly an etc.  I hope this helps.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Telcara
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011 November 24, 13:56:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Move out all your custom content and downloads, start Sims 3 without them and see if the issue still occurs. You have not said if you have done this. This is the first thing you should do if you suspect something you downloaded is conflicting with the game.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: