More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 10, 00:39:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Invisible Aspiration Tokens
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Invisible Aspiration Tokens  (Read 5351 times)
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
Invisible Aspiration Tokens
« on: 2006 April 17, 13:05:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Challenge for masters of SimPE. I have posted this on SimPE forum but as they are changing over to new boards I thought I would post here as well.

Before I installed OFB, I used to be able to check a sim's memories and find a token like this: [invisible] Token - Sim - (insert name of aspiration) Aspiration. It would differ depending on the aspiration of the sim and would appear when the sim was either a toddler or a child.  If you want an example, check out Alexander Goth - his is wealth.

I used to use this to determine the aspiration of the sim as...well...I like symmetry. Now I have OFB, I'm not getting the invisible aspiration token anymore but I am getting [invisible] Token - Sim - Loaded instead.

Any ideas on how to get the invisible aspiration tokens back?

btw I have all expansion packs (except for Family stupidity & Holiday nonsense), all patches & SimPE 0.56. 
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
Re: Invisible Aspiration Tokens
« Reply #1 on: 2006 April 17, 13:32:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I went and had a look at both Pleasantview and my main neighbourhood, Little Carping.  Those sims that are there in the memories have the invisible aspirations token, as does Alexander Goth.  I have never played the Maxis neighbourhoods, so Alex is completely untouched. 

I say those sims that are there though because, alarmingly, most of my sims appear to be missing from the neighbourhood memory - there are only three of them in there.  Similarly, Pleasantview has only the Burbs and Alex while Strangetown is filled with unknowns and no characters at all.  What's up with that?  My sims are still there, I've been round to check on them and they apparently still have their memories.  Looks like maybe OFB broke something?

Inteen for AL, yay!
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 April 17, 13:40:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How odd! Are the 3 that show up in Little Carping part on the same lot?  There is a bar that appears in SimPE 0.56 when you are in the memory view that is just below the memory & badges buttons.  If you click on that you can scroll through all the families in the neighbourhood.  Have you done that and not had any other sims show up?

I'm finding the aspiration tokens on pre-made Maxis sims, but not on new ones that are born in game. I'm really hoping my game isn't broken yet as the version of Pleasantview I'm playing is only a couple of hours old. [sigh]
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 April 17, 13:55:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never had an aspiration token appear on Sims born in game, only pre-made Maxis ones.  In my restarted Pleasantview I've changed most of them anyway - whoever decided to make the Pleasant girls Popularity was off their rocker, for a start!  I changed Lilith to Fortune and Angela I made Family (after resisting the temptation to make her Romance), but I will probably change her to Cheese soon because she's so WET.  Ditto Nina being Romance, she quite obviously should have been Knowledge.

You can always change the aspiration tokens in SimPE to match any new aspiration you give them, or delete them entirely.  I tend to leave the originals there when I change them, as I think it adds a little 'extra' to their characters. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 April 17, 13:59:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How odd! Are the 3 that show up in Little Carping part on the same lot?  There is a bar that appears in SimPE 0.56 when you are in the memory view that is just below the memory & badges buttons.  If you click on that you can scroll through all the families in the neighbourhood.  Have you done that and not had any other sims show up?

I'm finding the aspiration tokens on pre-made Maxis sims, but not on new ones that are born in game. I'm really hoping my game isn't broken yet as the version of Pleasantview I'm playing is only a couple of hours old. [sigh]

Maybe you're right about that because although the sims are not related, I remember now that they are living in the same apartment block.   Oh yes, there it is.  OK problem solved (for me) - thank you.  Grumble - every time they change SimPE, there's something else...

Well, a quick report for you then.  Indeed, when I'm looking at born in game sims as children and toddlers, they lack the aspiration tokens.  However, the teens seem to have them.  

Inteen for AL, yay!
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 April 17, 14:05:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@ maxon - maybe the sims are getting the invisible token now when they age up to teens i.e. when we decide, rather than predetermined. hmmm, that rather throws a spanner in the works for me but I'll experiment and see.

@ Ancient Sim - See, I once tried to play a legacy challenge and I only lasted 20 mins without cheating.  So I then tried other challenges on MATY and found I didn't have the will power for them either.  I was using the aspiration tokens as a way of introducing some challenge to the game.

I do agree with you about the aspirations of Nina, Angela & Lillith - absolutely none of them suit their personalities.  In this version of my game though, I haven't changed them and am trying to work around their little foibles.  Mind you, the version of Pleasantview I'm playing is only a few hours old - I'll probably end up changing my mind in a few days.  The difficulty for me has always been Alexander Goth as he has so much money, it seems silly for him to want to be fortune [shrugs].

maxon
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 April 17, 14:08:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@ maxon - maybe the sims are getting the invisible token now when they age up to teens i.e. when we decide, rather than predetermined. hmmm, that rather throws a spanner in the works for me but I'll experiment and see.

Yes, seems likely.  I can see why you liked it the other way.

Inteen for AL, yay!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 April 17, 14:28:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do agree with you about the aspirations of Nina, Angela & Lillith - absolutely none of them suit their personalities.  In this version of my game though, I haven't changed them and am trying to work around their little foibles.  

I changed Angela to Family, but left Lilith as Popularity, and just changed her personality to fit.  Same with Nina -- changed her personality.  Angela now has two kids with her husband (the son of a CAS male who married a townie female) and is wanting a third.  Lilith is on her way to being mayor, living with her female lover and their adopted daughter, and Nina is an elder, close to retirement, and living with one of her lovers (though with lot jealosy turned off, she and her lover are still woohooing anyone who walks by Smiley).

As you can see, my Pleasantview is well into it's third/fourth generation by now.  All of the original adults are either dead or retired and near their end...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: